Guild power, prestige and level vs guild age

A place to talk about all things guild related.

Guild power, prestige and level vs guild age

Postby Drathnar » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:40 am

A fairly recent discussion on guild leveling (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3599) made me think as to how the distribution appears with regards to the above parameters.
Had a bit of time on my hands recently and decided to do a census of the top100. Most graphs appear to be more or less a random scatter. Guild age is an influence but it is possible to get reasonably high within a good few months of grind. All comments/discussion are most welcome. :)

http://postimg.org/image/w41aqpqsj/
Drathnar

Re: Guild power, prestige and level vs guild age

Postby EricM » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:43 am

This is actually a really cool chart... always meant to make something like this but never got around to it.

First thing I did was try to figure out which dot was us ;)

But no, its very possible to get a top guild within a few months. Though guild age definitely influences guild level. Prestige/Power are a bit more variable it looks like.
EricM

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:24 pm

Drathnar wrote:Most graphs appear to be more or less a random scatter.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
The two biggest factors in your data set are a) Elite Player Fatigue and b) Venan adjusting the Raid Ladder.

Celestrial Beings is the first Guild I think of when the topic of Elite Player Fatigue comes up in Global Chat or the Forums, followed by Black Lotus both where hard raiding Guilds when v1.3 came out. Some players just play BoH as hard as they can, do everything, then leave. Maybe coming back with the next update. This can negatively affect older Guilds, though not always. This is also why Venan has a Power (decays) and Prestige (no decay) leaderboard for Guilds. So older Guilds still can show off their high Prestige, while newer Guilds can show off their high Power.

Research Note: Prestige does not decay. But since it includes a percentage of each member's Might Rating, sudden shifts in membership can cause a sharp rise or fall in total Guild Prestige.

Venan has adjusted the Raid Ladder serveral times. Originally, Raids were 2- 6 hour, cool downs were longer, you had to complete much larger multiples of each Raid to unlock the next Raid, you had to complete Forgotten Sentinels to unlock War of Fellmarsh, 1% of Raid Power was not added to Presitige, there was no Gold or Silver finish, you could not buy Tier 11 Gear and Tier 4 Gems at Majerio's Shop, there were no Captain Valor Raids (with their very high XP, Power and Prestige), there was no +10% Bonus for 0% Mercs in a Raid, there was no +10% Valor for Raids hosted by your Guild.

Each time Venan has adjusted the Raid Ladder, Raid Rewards and Majerio's Shop, it is easier and faster (less Real World Time per Raid, less days before unlocking a Raid) for a Guild to get to into a better paying Raid (higher XP, Power, and Prestige). Allowing them to catch up, and even pass, older guilds.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Drathnar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:39 am

Thanks for sharing your insight and comments, BJ and Eric, I find myself agreeing wholeheartedly on many points. :) Oh and Eric, I'd put a label for guild names with an arrow to the relevant dot but didn't want to make it look too much like advertising :lol: Would think it blatantly obvious anyway :P

I have a question. There appears to be a slight cluster in many graphs around 100-150 days. I have heard that there was some active advertising going on during Jan-Mac 2013 (correct me if I'm wrong, was a vague rumor) after patch 1.5 was implemented in late 2012. If so would this cluster simply be due to an influx of new players, brought on by active advertising and consequently more guilds formed during this period?

I also wish I had taken data prior to 1.6. My original intent was to show the impact the 2 patches (1.6 and 1.6.1) had on standings. I know some guilds which have not done so well after 1.6, forced to rebuild from 0 might to attract new players or cut down massively in terms of raids done per day. The expectation that guilds need to have 100 characters (up from 60) to have sufficient manpower for raids is a drastic change and as guilds do not grow overnight, I suspect this adversely affected many small/medium sized guilds. Mine was no exception, we had a long period of struggle to get things back into shape and even now, at times, we still find it a challenge to have enough for smooth runs.

BoH had about 5084 guilds yesterday. 3778 (nearly 75%) have 0 power or have not raided in a month. Compare this to the figures in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=862

Would still very much urge new players to join existing guilds to strengthen them. I believe this would improve overall activity across the server and subsequently all parameters surveyed in this thread.
Drathnar

Podcast and Kabam

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:52 am

Drathnar wrote:I have a question. There appears to be a slight cluster in many graphs around 100-150 days. I have heard that there was some active advertising going on during Jan-Mac 2013 (correct me if I'm wrong, was a vague rumor) after patch 1.5 was implemented in late 2012. If so would this cluster simply be due to an influx of new players, brought on by active advertising and consequently more guilds formed during this period?

There were three events, a Podcast/ Kabam in January (Note 1) and Kabam Icon for Android in March (Note 2).

Note 1)
The Podcast also resulted in a large number of AIE Guilds. As a homage, when Venan changed the Incursion Schedule from WVUV to Amber-Indigo-Emerald, they appear in AIE order.

Kabam secretly started in January for Apple Client:
Brandon Curiel wrote:Brandon Curiel, the CEO of Venan, said, “Kabam’s ability to market effectively is second to none. Book of Heroes is now a Top 100 grossing game; in only two short months, we’ve seen a 10x increase in its daily active users. We would never have been able to generate these results on our own, and we couldn’t be happier with our Kabam partnership.”
http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/13/widening-its-net-kabam-launches-third-party-publishing-business/

Note 2)
Little_Mike wrote:We have pushed out an optional Android only 1.5.4 update which should now be available on Google Play. The main purpose of this build is to get changes in to fulfill requirements with our partnership with Kabam.
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=11937#p11937
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Return to Guild Discussions