June 12, 2013 - Always in motion is the future!

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: June 12, 2013 - Always in motion is the future!

Postby EricM » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:29 am

Hope_Ilyana wrote:I also believe if PvP is play to win you will also drive many players away from it.

I hope it's play to win... if you could win without playing...

just messing with ya. :p

I'm excited about pvp definitely. Idk how it'll turn out, not sure how much I'd actively use it as of now, but I'm definitely curious to try it out. At the very least its good to know that new gear/gems won't be coming out until july atleast, which means I can go ahead and finish up to level 6 enchants instead of holding at 4.
EricM

Postby Voodoo_Noob » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:59 pm

I was actually about to say something similar to what Hope_Ilyana had to say.

I think a matchmaking system would be more than necessary for players of all levels and might to be matched at least somewhat evenly. Maybe a bracket system similar to WoW's. Where WoW works in level brackets (i.e. levels 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, etc.), this might work in might brackets (i.e. 0-100, 101-200, 10k-10.5k) or something along those lines. My highest toon is only about 9k or something like that.

I look forward to testing out the new PvP system and hearing more on how it works.

Thanks for all the hard work, homies! Keep up the superb quality!
Voodoo_Noob

Postby Darkhorse » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Intoxicated wrote:I was actually about to say something similar to what Hope_Ilyana had to say.

I think a matchmaking system would be more than necessary for players of all levels and might to be matched at least somewhat evenly. Maybe a bracket system similar to WoW's. Where WoW works in level brackets (i.e. levels 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, etc.), this might work in might brackets (i.e. 0-100, 101-200, 10k-10.5k) or something along those lines. My highest toon is only about 9k or something like that.

I look forward to testing out the new PvP system and hearing more on how it works.

Thanks for all the hard work, homies! Keep up the superb quality!

We have a rough bracketing system built already! :)
Darkhorse

Postby ARCs_Baddman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:42 am

Great work Venan team keep up the great work... :twisted: , now I'm already see me dancing in blood in pvp win or lose imma enjoy it . Can't wait for July now , so if July is Beta how long are u going to collect data , and are we going to loose anything if we loose a fight or is this just after the real PvP is released?
ARCs_Baddman

Postby Raible » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 am

When are we going to get flying mounts?
Raible

Postby Corran_Horn » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:51 pm

I think that t16 is exactly what we need. Many players are maxed out, or maxed out on gear at the very least. There is little to strive for in the game at the moment and therefore people are leaving the game. Many of whom have been paying players in the past. I think this is sad, but also a commercial mistake. Top players are often the ones who spend the most and I think that is where Venan's energies should be targeted rather than PvP which is likely to be just a side show. Just my tuppence.

Chris
Corran_Horn

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:32 am

As it stands, for the PVP beta you will navigate to our Arena and queue for a battle against another hero. This means no “ganking”, no non-consensual PVP, and no losing your hard earned stuff if you don’t want to fight.

This implies that by entering PvP and losing a battle, you will lose something. Could you clarify? I envisage PvP as a means to test your toons against others, not as a way to strip things from casual players who maybe haven't got the time or inclination to fine-tune a PvP build. At the very least it should be optional to have a 'stake', something you are both willing to put up as a prize.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Darkhorse » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Hope_Krssven wrote:
As it stands, for the PVP beta you will navigate to our Arena and queue for a battle against another hero. This means no “ganking”, no non-consensual PVP, and no losing your hard earned stuff if you don’t want to fight.

This implies that by entering PvP and losing a battle, you will lose something. Could you clarify? I envisage PvP as a means to test your toons against others, not as a way to strip things from casual players who maybe haven't got the time or inclination to fine-tune a PvP build. At the very least it should be optional to have a 'stake', something you are both willing to put up as a prize.

If I somehow implied that, then I apologize. The only "penalty" for losing is that you didn't win :P.

As for staking a prize, that's something we're considering for PVP after the beta has concluded.
Darkhorse

Postby Cacher » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Are we on schedule ? :D
Cacher

Postby EricM » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:59 am

Cacher wrote:Are we on schedule ? :D

If we are, any hope for some of your famous previews DH? ;)
EricM

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog