Actual, Real, Genuine Guild Mergers

What would you like to see in future updates?

Actual, Real, Genuine Guild Mergers

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm not talking about pseudo mergers where members of one guild pack up to move to another guild. I'm talking about two guilds with a combined total of 100 or fewer members merging into a single guild. If the two GMs were to both send a support mail to Venan, could Venan merge the guilds into one, with a new name (mentioned in both emails)? All ranks would be preserved (except one GM would become officer), all loyalty would be preserved, progress on guild challenges and xp totals would be based on the guild with the most progress (not fair to add IMO) in each challenge.

To prevent endless merger requests of new guilds, this could be available to guilds at level 4 (or something similar) or higher.

Would this be a logistical nightmare for Venan, or would this work?
NikoNarf_1

Re: Actual, Real, Genuine Guild Mergers

Postby beekeo » Fri May 31, 2013 8:08 am

No implied promises here, just thinking out loud:

Logistical nightmare without building a tool -- ideally the GMs should handle this from within the game, not as a customer service action. Guild renames and re-renames are already taking up too much time.

Currently all the effort is distributed among the individuals moving but so is the loyalty penalty.

It could happen in the future when we can spare some programmer time but questions to be answered:
- loyalty costs?
- GS costs?
- member/veteran/officer status?
- guild challenge progress?
- idiot/sabotage-proof?

And I want you guys to be able to rename your guilds first before something more complicated like this.
beekeo

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:07 am

I figured this was likely. At the moment, guild mergers are always one-sided because
1) Those that move lose 1/2 loyalty, those that stay lose nothing
2) A percentage of those in the guild being abandoned will refuse to move, either because of loyalty or guild attachment (Fairy Tail is now over 1 year old as a guild)

A merge button beside a disband button that could automatically do what I outlined above would prevent the inherent inequity in any current merger.

I agree that loss of half loyalty seems right for guild jumping individuals, but guild mergers are important for game progression (as raids get harder and player attrition increases), so finding a fair way to handle this may be important.
NikoNarf_1

Postby Bbbb » Fri May 31, 2013 9:20 am

As far as guild challenge goes, I think the guild that is being merged into should be used. Otherwise, there is a potential for abuse as Niko originally suggested. One guild focuses on one challenge. The other guild on another. They merge and now both are done....

I think the only real issue is that needs to be solved is keeping the guild loyalty around.
Bbbb

Postby Darkhorse » Fri May 31, 2013 12:16 pm

As much as this seems like it would be something that would be awesome to do, I don't see it happening in the near future purely for time investment needed versus returned value to the player. AKA it's a good idea, but probably doesn't get a very high priority in our long list of "stuff we want to add to the game".
Darkhorse

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 am

Maybe I could send you some of my CS students as summer interns. :)
NikoNarf_1

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:50 am

FT_NikoNarf wrote:Maybe I could send you some of my CS students as summer interns. :)

Niko,
Have them embed some easter-eggs while they are at it. ;) :lol:
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Denrael » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:34 am

If two guilds want to join today, I would suggest both guilds dissolve and form a new guild under a fresh name. That way there is an equal loyalty hit to all. I would like to see some longer term thinking on guild management however, including mergers, alliances and the like. I think it's an aspect that if tuned right, could help with some of the raid issues we are seeing discussed.
Denrael

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Denrael wrote:... I would like to see some longer term thinking on guild management however, including mergers, alliances and the like. I think it's an aspect that if tuned right, could help with some of the raid issues we are seeing discussed.

I think there is a lot of potential for in-game society improvement/enhancement when considering the concepts of guild alliances, and maybe even rivalries, "if" done right.
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Denrael wrote:If two guilds want to join today, I would suggest both guilds dissolve and form a new guild under a fresh name. That way there is an equal loyalty hit to all.

Not really practical for two level 10 guilds with complete guild favors who want to raid VG together.
NikoNarf_1

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions