Mega Topic: Trade for Things between Characters

What would you like to see in future updates?

Mega Topic: Trade for Things between Characters

Postby Markonian » Wed May 30, 2012 11:01 pm

New Subject
Trade/ Bank/ Gift for Items/ Currency between Characters/ Guildmates (Multiple Merged Topics)

OLD Subject
New: Guild Bank Discussion (Merged Topic)

OLD Subject
Guild Feature Requests & Suggestions

I was thinking of the idea of a Guild Bank. A place where members could deposit both Coin and Energy and watch it grow. Also some portion of it could be Communial Funds, meaning if a player needed that last Gold Shield or other Currency, they could borrow and Power Up! Would be a great asset for new members who are trying to build up. Funds would be useable IN YOUR GUILD ONLY, meaning if you ditch Guild, you lose your Funds/Energy Reserves. Any items purchased would, of course, go with you. Might help to develop Guild Loyality, and increase participation, if tied "Interest" into actual time spent in Game.
Thanks for considering this idea.

Little_Mike wrote:We have discussed auction houses and trading before but it is currently not in consideration in the next few updates.

Opening up the economy to the players creates interesting dynamics but we are frankly not ready to have the economy driven by the players. There are a lot of challenges with this feature and if we want to add it, we want to do it right.

Thanks for your suggestions. Keep them coming!
Markonian

Re: Guild Features

Postby Lancelot » Thu May 31, 2012 8:33 am

Markonian wrote:I was thinking of the idea of a Guild Bank. A place where members could deposit both Coin and Energy and watch it grow. Also some portion of it could be Communial Funds, meaning if a player needed that last Gold Shield or other Currency, they could borrow and Power Up! Would be a great asset for new members who are trying to build up. Funds would be useable IN YOUR GUILD ONLY, meaning if you ditch Guild, you lose your Funds/Energy Reserves. Any items purchased would, of course, go with you. Might help to develop Guild Loyality, and increase participation, if tied "Interest" into actual time spent in Game.

I do not think this would be a good idea because each guild would abuse it by have a second account just for dropping energy in, but kind of like ur idea a community armory! The guild buys it and has those pieces "branded" this way of that member leaves the items purchased by the guild gets returned to the guilds armory
Lancelot

Re: Guild Features

Postby Markonian » Thu May 31, 2012 11:27 am

Lancelot wrote:
Markonian wrote:I was thinking of the idea of a Guild Bank. A place where members could deposit both Coin and Energy and watch it grow. Also some portion of it could be Communial Funds, meaning if a player needed that last Gold Shield or other Currency, they could borrow and Power Up! Would be a great asset for new members who are trying to build up. Funds would be useable IN YOUR GUILD ONLY, meaning if you ditch Guild, you lose your Funds/Energy Reserves. Any items purchased would, of course, go with you. Might help to develop Guild Loyality, and increase participation, if tied "Interest" into actual time spent in Game.

I do not think this would be a good idea because each guild would abuse it by have a second account just for dropping energy in, but kind of like ur idea a community armory! The guild buys it and has those pieces "branded" this way of that member leaves the items purchased by the guild gets returned to the guilds armory

Love the idea of a Guild Armory! That is a great idea to have the "Branded" items that would revert to Armory, if a player left the Guild. This would accomplish the goal of helping new players and new members, and, again, would promote Guild Loyality. Great idea!
Markonian

Guild bank for gems

Postby Chriss » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Self explanatory; a guild bank to put extra gems or trade gems. There should be a log to see who puts in what and who takes out what. You can even make it so that you can only take out an equivalent of what you put in (put in +3 and later you have a credit to take out +3 of available bank gems).

This is probably a good idea for gems only as I can see silver and gold shields and the valor tokens being abused or giving an advantage from stronger guild players to weaker ones. This makes the idea that you can only take out what you put in (credit as explained above) fair.

Reply if you like this idea or have a different take on it! Support the idea haha!
Chriss

Re: Guild bank for gems

Postby Marney » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:13 pm

I like it! It's limited, useful, and simple. I know I tend to get the "wrong" kind of gem on different characters.
Marney

Equipment Trade/Gift System

Postby Roosta » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:57 pm

I think an equipment trade or gift system so players can swap or give equipment to each other would be awesome.. I find it hard to sell gear i have payed for for next to useless silver coins well below their value.. I would rather give the gear to another player to use.. Or to send to one of my other characters..

Cheers..
Roosta

Re: Equipment Trade/Gift System

Postby Ansgard » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:34 pm

I totally agree. They could have a market or something in Glenford as well as attachments in mail. Already in raids you receive attachments, so it shouldn't be too new to activate it for players!
Last edited by Ansgard on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ansgard

Re: Guild bank for gems

Postby ElPaco » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:39 am

Even a personal gem chest to share gems between your characters would alleviate the frustration of getting the right gem with the wrong toon. Also, it would help removing extra gems from my backpack (the ones I save in case I decide to re-spec and try a different play style). You can put it at the Inn and have slots for sale with different currency, like sigils.
ElPaco

Postby Roosta » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:12 am

I really would have thought there would be alot more interest in something like this.. I have lots of useless gear sitting in my inventory waiting hopefully for this to happen.. Ha ha..
Roosta

Postby Marney » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Well, there is interest among the players, and I've suggested a system to implement a guild armory here. Chriss suggested a guild gem bank along comparable lines here.

And trading in general has been requested here and here.

It isn't that no one supports your suggestion, I think, as it is the fact that other people have received no specific response from Venan on the subject of trading in the past; therefore, we don't know if it's up for consideration in the first place.
Marney

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions