Gems- Lots of FAQs

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Gems- Lots of FAQs

Postby MindReader » Sat May 26, 2012 11:05 pm

Hello to all

Unlike many of this forum writers, I've seen a big game change before in my life and know that you should learn to roll with it, in time you'll probably like it!

However when you make big changes and add so many wonderful things, you have to explain exactly how they work!
and you have to update your FaQ!

Here is my question: how the hell does this thing with the gems work??? Lol

I've tried everything to understand it and simply wasn't able to. I thought it was based on tiers but then found 2 items at difrrent tiers. I equipped the same gem on the both of them and get a bigger bonus from the item with the lawer tier.

Please explain this to me, thank you.

BTW I saw a few times in this forum that people asked that the chat line will disappear. Please use your intelligence and stop telling those people to move to "whisper" so it would be just a grey line! Those players are your customers!
Give them what they want, an option to shut the chat off, it just so basic, come on!
MindReader

Re: Gems

Postby LordNathor » Sun May 27, 2012 3:24 pm

MindReader wrote:Here is my question: how the hell does this thing with the gems work??? Lol

I've tried everything to understand it and simply wasn't able to. I thought it was based on tiers but then found 2 items at difrrent tiers. I equipped the same gem on the both of them and get a bigger bonus from the item with the lawer tier.

Please explain this to me, thank you.

The formula used to compute the stat gains from gems is based on three factors:

1. Gem bonus
  2. Equipped item tier level
  3. Item slot multiplier

The final stat bonus is the product of these three items (gem bonus * tier level * slot multipler).

Each equipment slot has a fixed multipler of 2, 3, or 4 as follows:

• 2x multipliers - Cloak, Boots, Gauntlets, Main Hand Weapon, Off Hand Weapon, Shield
  • 3x multipliers - Helmet, Leg Armor
  • 4x multipliers - Chest Armor, Amulet, Ring, Two Handed Weapon

Here are a couple examples:

• A Tier 6 chest piece equipped with a +4 Haste gem would yield +96 Haste (4 * 6 * 4).
  • A Tier 9 shield equipped with a +4 Haste gem would yield +72 Haste (4 * 9 * 2).
LordNathor

Postby Anthrax777 » Sun May 27, 2012 3:43 pm

Thank you for detail on this. Extremely helpful!

Can an admin sticky this and maybe update title?
Anthrax777

Postby LordNathor » Sun May 27, 2012 3:50 pm

MindReader wrote:BTW I saw a few times in this forum that people asked that the chat line will disappear. Please use your intelligence and stop telling those people to move to "whisper" so it would be just a grey line! Those players are your customers!
Give them what they want, an option to shut the chat off, it just so basic, come on!

The suggestion to switch to whisper is intended as workaround that can be used with the current version of the game client.

Unfortunately, updating the client is not something we can do trivially or immediately. We will try to fix as many bugs and make whatever usability enhancements that we reasonably can for our next client patch. Once we've implemented all of the changes and fixes that make sense for the patch schedule, we'll go through rounds of internal testing and deployment preparation and then submit the app to Apple for testing and certification. Once we have submitted the update to Apple it often takes more than a week for them to approve it. As a result, we try to make our client updates count and fix as much as possible before submission.

We are paying attention to user feedback, so please keep it coming! :)
LordNathor

Postby Romain » Sun May 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Anthrax777 wrote:Can an admin sticky this and maybe update title?

And put the same info in the FAQ maybe ? :mrgreen:

Until I read LordNathor's explanation above I was really confused and I'm thinking that changing the gem descriptions from "+4 haste multiplier" to "x4 haste bonus" could help better understand that what the gem does is multiply the bonus provided by the item, and not add +4. Just my two cents. Once we get the explanation in the game help it wouldn't matter too much anyway.

Something else, I really do not understand the difference between Magic, Rare, Epic and Legendary anymore. It used to be that the more rare the item, the more stats it would have.
I bought a tier 7 rare main hand which I've equipped with three gems so far, as a try. If I go to the shop and look at the description of a magic item, I see that it can also use the three gems. Moreover I can see in the shop three tier 6 main hand blades with exactly the same characteristics: Obsidian Sword (29k silver), Royal Spatha (37 gold), Holy blade (374 valor). From what I see, all three would get exactly the same out of my three gems. So, apart from the different currency, what differentiates the different levels of items?

Thanks in advance
Romain

Postby Sim88 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:35 am

Fantastic, exactly the info I've been looking for. I'm also confused about the difference between blue/orange/green etc items in majerios.

It would be really useful to have the equipment multiplier on the item's page. The new system is very flexible (I do really like the dilemmas - crit vs haste hmmm) so this would be a helpful reminder.

Can equipment & gems be found as treasure? I've seen one +2 gem from vallus but that's it, and no item drops at all. Also the higher level gems only seem to be available by spending gold or valor (in majerios), so inaccessible without raiding if I understand right?
Sim88

Postby Demuner » Mon May 28, 2012 1:05 am

Romain wrote:I can see in the shop three tier 6 main hand blades with exactly the same characteristics: Obsidian Sword (29k silver), Royal Spatha (37 gold), Holy blade (374 valor). From what I see, all three would get exactly the same out of my three gems. So, apart from the different currency, what differentiates the different levels of items?

The differences are;
- currency used to buy;
- level requirement.
Demuner

Postby Muldyrn » Wed May 01, 2013 11:32 pm

So I shouldnt waste valor on the purple sword since I got a free lvl6 one from questing?
Thought it would be better, but I guess not. Seems easier to get silver to buy lvl6 gear than trying to get enough valor for it. Any thoughts? This is my first week playing.
Muldyrn

Postby Click » Thu May 02, 2013 12:39 am

Try reading the existing stickies. The question about gems is already answered in two of them.

One literally says gems in the title. The other one is about stat calculations.
Click

Lots of FAQs

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu May 02, 2013 10:11 am

Hi,

Especially with the Mobile version of the Forums built into the game, it can be difficult to find information.

While it can be difficult to figure out, all the facts and answers to these questions can be found at these two Sticky Topics:

Official FAQ
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=140

Beginner FAQ Topic
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1998

I tell all my new Guild members to skip the Mobile version built into the game. Instead use a Computer and the Web Version for tons of different search options:

Bj_DWR wrote:Subject
Finding Answers and Reporting Bugs
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2091
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Next

Return to Discussions