Push message raid reminder

What would you like to see in future updates?

Push message raid reminder

Postby Gilraen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Would be nice if officers could send a push message around the guild for raids that need help.
Maybe max 1 per 1 hour.
And a way to unsubscribe from these messages
Gilraen

Re: Push message raid reminder

Postby Darkhorse » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:15 pm

This has come up in our planning discussions. We have a way to opt out of it built in already (can't remember if that's in the game now or coming in 1.6).

One thought was officers have a few canned phrases they can send out once per 30 mins or hour (this is really just to protect us from things like "Book of Heroes: <insert cuss words here>" appearing ;).

Just out of curiosity, anyone else have any feedback on this type of feature? Things they would or would not like to see?
Darkhorse

Postby Bbbb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:35 pm

KOTOR would use it instead of the complex set of different raids meaning different things that is used now.

The canned messages that I can think are:

Raid in Trouble
Raid in Bad Trouble
Final phase of raid started
Special Event Started (this was for TV and HolGob)
Server is back up (when you all have outages to let people know to hop back on and finish the raid)
Beekeo is on global. Go hassle him.

Okay, maybe not the last one. :lol:

Please make it Vet and don't put a 30 min limit.
Bbbb

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:32 am

For the top 3 on B4's list, including the raid name would be nice... But this could be a hassle for programmers if a guild is running multiple raids at once.
NikoNarf_1

Postby Click » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:30 am

I've been thinking of this for a while too. It would be nice to send a reminder every so often. People can easily forget to return to raid if they are busy doing something else. I do every day.
Click

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:31 am

Bbbb wrote:The canned messages that I can think are:

Raid in Trouble
Final phase of raid started
Special Event Started (this was for TV and HolGob)

Raid in Trouble, Final Phase & Special Event seem to be the most popular among the people I know.

To prevent swearing, canned messages could be limited to numerical input. Either screen for numerical, use a numerical keypad or have a drop down selection. Thus allowing:

Raid in X min
Raid ending in X min
Special Event in X min
Guild Meeting in X min
Officer Meeting in X min

Messages could be limited to 15 minutes (current cancelled Raid cool down), to cut down on eSPAM. Raid related messages could be triggered with a Message button on the Raid itself. Thus Guilds that run multiple Raids could still have a 15 minute message limit, but coordinate multiple Raids.

Discarded Suggetion
"-
Whenever the Server restarts, it would be nice if all Raids in progress, starting with least time remaining and ending with most time remaining, were automatically sent a Raid in progress notice.
-"
Server restart notification would have a huge impact on Guild Prestige & Power. Currently Venan does not compensate for Server Outage lost Prestige & Power due to Leaderboard issues. Mercing in v1.6 will further complicate this issue. There is also the issue of the Server crashing again if a huge load is suddenly reapplied or crashing repeatly while tracking down the issue. For many reasons, a Server restart notification would be bad.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby joshuanwilli » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:10 am

I would love to see an option like this added. Its hard to convay what you mean by starting and cancelling lock bolt.
joshuanwilli

Customisable Push Notifcations

Postby CyrusTheVirus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:52 pm

I would like the alert system overhauled.

Would be great if GM & Officers could send out alerts like '10 mins till raid' 'raid @ 1800' and other important mails like that.

Would be very helpful if you have changes to raid schedules or if need ppl to come back into a currently running raid (let's face it we all forget from time to time)

We all use the open and close a raid method but this is sloppy and messy on guild new page with all open and closed raids and the raid report emails which are a pain.

Sorry if this idea has already been stated but I didn't see it after a quick look.
CyrusTheVirus

Re: Customisable Push Notifcations- Merged

Postby RoR_Hawkacus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:01 pm

I agree completely
RoR_Hawkacus

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:16 pm

Posted from my iPod

Any Raid related notifications should go to all characters currently in Guild Raids, including Mercs, not just Guild Members. Ex: Last Phase has started or Raid in Trouble, please log in.

This would also help with people who wish to save BoH mail & people who do not wish to wade through a bunch of canceled Raid Reports. With Cancelled Vallus Raid as HoliGob signal & other canceled Raids for Raid Status Notifications, I have lost all saved BoH mail since before HoliGob. I often have 30+ new mails each morning.

Darkhorse wrote:officers have a few canned phrases they can send out once per 30 mins or hour (this is really just to protect us from things like "Book of Heroes: <insert cuss words here>" appearing ;).

Just out of curiosity, anyone else have any feedback on this type of feature? Things they would or would not like to see?
Bj_Knows

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions