public raids

Got a question about the game or the forum? Check here!

public raids

Postby Unholy_Priestess » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:42 am

Hi I need to ask the question about public raids . .
Ive noticed most public raids fail or if your very lucky go bronze because people join . . Empty their energy then leave . . Letting one . Maybe two people struggle to finish it . .as their is no loyalty to the raid . . . A lot of people have mentioned this and most avoid public raids as do I.
PvP has it that if you join a fight and leave your warrior and it can be taken control of by the computer . So I've noticed some people farming it by starting a fight then leaving so the other person just fights nobody as the computer selects basic attack for them. . . Very boring when you fight nobody and they still get their reward.
Can't the computer take control of people abandoning a public raid. . So those poor few who actually are trying have a chance to finish the raid and get a reward even when other people are most likely farming it because they don't want to put an effort into it.
Many thanks
Gwennie
Unholy_Priestess

Re: public raids

Postby Curulan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Autoplaying raids would defeat the entire purpose of the game. Autoplaying in PvP seems kind of a necessary evil, since PvP requires both players to actively participate in a fight.

If players are not active in raids, the raid should fail.
Curulan

Postby Lbriggs » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:04 pm

The only public raid I join in is Crypt of Corruption to farm for silver. I think most people join that particular raid for the same purpose. As a result, I do not expect it to finish. The only reward I expect is the silver I came for. The large health pots it drops are a nice bonus, too.

If you are joining a raid for valor, I recommend not joining the public ones. Many excellent guilds have regular raid schedules. When they run open raids, take part in their chat and get to know the people. If their raid is currently closed, they might open one merc slot for a regular, contributing merc. If not, you can do what people do to join my guild's raids - they leave their current guild to join mine. Yes, you sacrifice guild loyalty, but apparently they find the gold raid rewards to be worth it.
Lbriggs

Postby Bbbb » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:26 pm

The double essence showed that public raids work IF the rewards are good enough. The reason I say that is that we were running public unscheduled PM raids at Little Kingdom and not even announcing them on global most of the time. They were getting gold too.
Bbbb

Postby EricM » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:29 am

Bbbb wrote:The double essence showed that public raids work IF the rewards are good enough. The reason I say that is that we were running public unscheduled PM raids at Little Kingdom and not even announcing them on global most of the time. They were getting gold too.

I think there's a difference between running a raid with at least a handful of reliable members at a baby guild and a true public raid.
EricM

Postby DjCleric » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:24 am

Bbbb wrote:The double essence showed that public raids work IF the rewards are good enough. The reason I say that is that we were running public unscheduled PM raids at Little Kingdom and not even announcing them on global most of the time. They were getting gold too.

Yes they sure were. I'm glad that most who turned up are good players.
Cheers to all the good players who came and showed their support.
DjCleric

Postby Bbbb » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:47 am

EricM wrote:

I think there's a difference between running a raid with at least a handful of reliable members at a baby guild and a true public raid.

There wasn't even a handful. I know of one in particular where there was just two reliable and that was it.

But I guarantee that last weekend. I could have start pm blindly and not joined and it would have finished on its own - most likely gold.
Bbbb

EricM wrote:

There wasn't even a handful. I know of one in particular where there was just two reliable and that was it.

But I guarantee that last weekend. I could have start pm blindly and not joined and it would have finished on its own - most likely gold.
Bbbb

EricM wrote:

Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:02 pm

This was double essence though and I doubt any public raid would ever have such luxurious rewards (they certainly should, if Venan wants to make public raids a success). The problem is, a better public raid draws people away from guild raiding. And the current system means nobody wants to raid public raids...there is a happy medium somewhere (a massive clue is the pirate raid post-adjustments) but it depends how much Venan really want it.
Illy_the_Red

Return to Forum Rules & FAQs