Public raids

Got a question about the game or the forum? Check here!

Public raids

Postby Saxybaby » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:07 pm

I have an idea for public raids

Run them like the vile portals. Create a new spot on the map and have a place for each raid. Keep everything the same but unlimited participants and like 24 time limit or run til finished. After raid is done wait like 5 or 6 hours or whatever and start a new one. In a cycle like that. Kind of like the vile portals

This would ensure those that participated would get something for their effort. If you set it up with a 24 clock for example when it is done it is done. Pay people and start the cycle over again. You could have it gold after 2 hours, silver after 5, and bronze rewards if run til end?
Saxybaby

Re: Public raids

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:57 pm

There are raid-generating anomalies called guilds that run raids - find one that raids at times appropriate to you and you'll get better rewards thanks to guild loyalty bonuses.
Illy_the_Red

Postby silverwind » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Agreed Ilyana... The guilds are hurting enough as it is
silverwind

Postby EricM » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:22 pm

I'm almost hoping this is the start of a push away from guild raiding. I'd almost rather prefer that there were open community raids with infinite waves that started x times a day.

For example, a community LoB would begin every three hours. The first 60 min would be p1, next 30 min would be p2, 30 min p3, 60 min p4, etc. Unlimited waves, so anyone could hit as often as they wanted in that time zone. Rather than forcing guilds to finish these raids in a set time for certain rewards, rewards would be pre-determined based off individual performance, and one's guild would get a subset of the total rewards.

So for example, community LoB would begin at 0300 and end at 0600. Lets say the rewards were 10 ht, 20 valor, and 1 guild power per 1000 rpp done. Player A from KOTOR who did 40k rpp by the end would take home 400 ht and 800 valor for himself, and 40 guild power to KOTOR's weekly total. Likewise, in the same raid, Sherpa did 240k rpp by the end... he would take home 2400 ht, 4800 valor, and 240 guild power to Spoons' weekly total.

Guild's would still be ranked off activity, but wouldn't be forced to organize and run 6+ gold raids a day to stay competitive. This way, players could raid as much or as little as they want... without worry that they'll get kicked from their guild or not for not raiding enough. Likewise, pvp would have a similar stat that would feed into guild power.

Idk... maybe i'm just dreaming, but it sounded like a cool idea in my head.
EricM

Postby DAVE_ » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:38 pm

Wow no guild raid I would lose interest in the game then no reason to push for ur friends ie guildmates
its not nessiceraly the game that keeps me comming for more its the people im with day after day burning
down a helion at lunch for a completion or a evening lob even the gks ..

I guess al I can say is unknown hero finishing the raids out of guilds would be the only probable way to make them work
as they are now
DAVE_

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:26 am

EricM wrote:I'm almost hoping this is the start of a push away from guild raiding. I'd almost rather prefer that there were open community raids with infinite waves that started x times a day.

For example, a community LoB would begin every three hours. The first 60 min would be p1, next 30 min would be p2, 30 min p3, 60 min p4, etc. Unlimited waves, so anyone could hit as often as they wanted in that time zone. Rather than forcing guilds to finish these raids in a set time for certain rewards, rewards would be pre-determined based off individual performance, and one's guild would get a subset of the total rewards.

So for example, community LoB would begin at 0300 and end at 0600. Lets say the rewards were 10 ht, 20 valor, and 1 guild power per 1000 rpp done. Player A from KOTOR who did 40k rpp by the end would take home 400 ht and 800 valor for himself, and 40 guild power to KOTOR's weekly total. Likewise, in the same raid, Sherpa did 240k rpp by the end... he would take home 2400 ht, 4800 valor, and 240 guild power to Spoons' weekly total.

Guild's would still be ranked off activity, but wouldn't be forced to organize and run 6+ gold raids a day to stay competitive. This way, players could raid as much or as little as they want... without worry that they'll get kicked from their guild or not for not raiding enough. Likewise, pvp would have a similar stat that would feed into guild power.

Idk... maybe i'm just dreaming, but it sounded like a cool idea in my head.

Surely that would be the death blow for all guilds? A community LoB that has expanded waves and is auto-completed would mean people would never need a guild raid again. I could literally sit in a community raid for as long as I had energy, getting materials. Not that I'd get very much as the onslaught-only players would descend on these raids en masse and rip through the onslaught phases, leaving everyone else the scraps. Result is the gap between burners/non burners widening even more. I'm not saying it couldn't work...it's just at some point it would become clear which was the more profitable enterprise to invest energy in...if that isn't guilds, most would die. They would contain players, but those players would be community raiding.

At least in a guild raid you have the chance to get 2-4 10e shots at the onslaught (in theory).
Illy_the_Red

Postby Darkhorse » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:25 pm

We're aware of many of the concerns in both directions regarding this topic. We'll be addressing them as time goes on.

The main idea is to make sure that individuals have opportunities to run the raids they want while there's still a good incentive to run raids with your guild.

We're working on a few ideas here which you'll be hearing more about in the future.
Darkhorse

Postby Dhampie » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:05 pm

You could utalize the auto-join feature in a different way, that would help. For Example...

Player can auto-join VG, GK, and KFS queues... When say 20 or so people are waiting a raid could be generated with a prompt saying... KFS is now starting would you like to join now... Or whatever.

The Unknown Hero Finishing out the public raids as they are now is a good idea at the very least. Should get something for the energy you used in a public raid.

But, please don't phase out a guild usefulness all together.

Public raid finished automatically should be given a lesser amount of valor than a Guild raid with or without merc assistance.
Dhampie

Return to Forum Rules & FAQs