Search not really useful- RESOLVED in update

Got a question about the game or the forum? Check here!

Search not really useful- RESOLVED in update

Postby Romain » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi,

I try to search for existing topics before creating a new one but it's very hard considering most of the game vocabulary is considered to common to be searched for (e.g. cooldown, onslaught, boss, etc.).
Considering the DB for this forum must be very small, could you consider allowing all searches? If not already done, you may want to add a cooldown to search (for instance at least 20 seconds before the next search) if you're afraid that people will abuse it.
Romain

Folks not searching forum before reposting

Postby Aiyardana » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:17 am

Hello,

The subject of the forum search being not quite the best in the world has only come up a couple of times. However, for active users, it's a bit annoying on a couple of fronts:

1) New users post the same old questions. I can't really chastise them for not searching because my own searching experience has told me that it's difficult to find a previously posted question. I've been chastised myself by folks who don't follow up and give me the appropriate forum links.

2) Reading other folks answer the questions new users pose. Again and again, or in some cases, being snippy about them. It's not the best way to welcome new users.

Like Romain says, can we please make the search more usable and eliminate or vastly diminish the times that "common words" message appears for search results?

Thanks for your consideration!

Romain wrote:Hi,

I try to search for existing topics before creating a new one but it's very hard considering most of the game vocabulary is considered to common to be searched for (e.g. cooldown, onslaught, boss, etc.).
Considering the DB for this forum must be very small, could you consider allowing all searches? If not already done, you may want to add a cooldown to search (for instance at least 20 seconds before the next search) if you're afraid that people will abuse it.
Aiyardana

Re: Search not really useful

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:01 pm

Romain wrote:

Little_Mike mentioned a Forum fix ( viewtopic.php?p=5458#p5458 ) which appears to have solved this issue.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Search not really useful

Postby Romain » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Indeed, thanks for pointing it out!
Romain

Return to Forum Rules & FAQs