Mega Topic: Gem System Discussion (Multiple Merges)

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Gem Lockboxes suck, please get rid of them

Postby Bbbb » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 am

One tactic to do is to work the Yellow dungeons because crit and haste are useful for everyone and dodge for some people. Also, work the blue if you use defense (a lot of people don't), as they would all be useful. Buy Reds with silver/valor and skip those dungeons.
Bbbb

Postby Musketeer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Skip the red dungeon and you miss the enchant recipes to be found there... plus Tragick Valentine was all red shards.

I don't do the dungeons for the shards, but if they're supposed to be a reward I'd like them to be useful and not a slap in the face every time I get yet another Fortitude Gem.

Once you have the 1-h or 2-h enchanrt recipe (whichever you want to use) there is little incentive in doing LoB dungeon any more.
Musketeer

Postby Reylina » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 pm

I think it would be fun if we could smash an unwanted gem and get something like 50 shards back.
Reylina

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:36 pm

I do remember the days of rare boss gem drops; they were so infrequent that raiding was a better source of gems, and these could be selected. In 1.5, farming shards is a much more efficient way to earn gems and build might, but the notion of choosing between might and power (when the intent is to correlate the two), is a flaw in the game mechanic. Of course, this is only one flaw among a bunch of mechanics that work very well. The idea of shattering gems into shards (say 50), or the option to transmute two unwanted gems into a wanted gem of the same color and tier would help.
NikoNarf_1

Postby camur » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 am

Just throwing my vote in for the option to smash unwanted gems for a few shards. Also I personally love the random nature of the lockboxes, it's more of a gamble than 'I need this gem, I'll farm this dungeon'.
camur

Gem transmute recipe- Unwanted Gems

Postby clockwork_robot » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:18 am

I would really like to see a gem transmute recipe that would allow to change multiple gems of a given color to another one of the same color and level. It is frustrating to trade in shards repeatedly an not get the gem you want, and have nothing to do with them other than sell them for chump change.
clockwork_robot

Re: Gem transmute recipe- Unwanted Gems

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 am

I've seen lots of encouragement for either breaking gems back into shards or transmuting unwanted gems into a single wanted gem.

It would be nice to know if Big V thinks this might come in the next update so I know if keeping t4 strength gems in my mage's inventory is worth it.
NikoNarf_1

Postby Grnm » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:31 am

Yes, please. Being able to either break unwanted gems to get 30-50% of their worth in shardsshards, or transmute them into another gem of same color for a fee seems a no brainer and fair..
Grnm

Postby HiredAssassin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Or instead of trading in the shards for a random gem of that tier and color we should get to pick which one we want. After all it can take a while to get enough shards and to find out you wasted your time getting a melee gem on a war mage character is frustrating to say the least.
HiredAssassin

Postby Click » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Agreed. We should be able to break gems down to shards at a significant loss so at least it wasn't all a waste of time
Click

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions