Fix Hero Score Issues

What would you like to see in future updates?

Fix Hero Score Issues

Postby Bbbb » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:16 pm

The players know this, but I am not sure Venan does. The weekly Hero Score contest has largely become "who can hit the most KFS raids in a week" as KFS has the highest hero score results of any raid by far.

This sucks but at least it is a level playing field. The upcoming update increases the max level to 45. At 45, you will get hero score for killing levels 31 and up. All phases of KFS are level 30. This means that players level 44 and below can still milk it and level 45 can't.

There are a couple of huge problems. First, it is unfair to level 45 players. Second, it creates a reason for people to avoid leveling.

My ideal solution is to prorate the HS based on the level difference between the player and the monster. Sure you could just adjust the limit again and leave the HS numbers flat but you've tried to this a few times and there is no sweet spot of solving all the issues that have been raised.

I would not worry about this killing KFS. KFS will live on for silver reasons, it is a great raid that is finishable with a moderate amount of effort, and that the OS phases are fun.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2119
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Fix Hero Score Issues

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:38 pm

Understand the concern but I don’t think this will dissuade levelling; most (not all) players PvP to some extent. Higher level characters do more damage to lower levelled ones (Venan confirmed this a long time ago) and aside from that, the new levels will likely provide spec points to some extent.

Plus everyone is likely going to be hitting these new raids as much as they can. When levels 36 to 40 came out some did it in a week (or so they say). I just hope - probably in vain - that the new raids have been tested to a greater extent than TSR was before it was released, as that needed a hell of a lot of adjustment.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Fix Hero Score Issues

Postby Bbbb » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:48 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:most (not all) players PvP to some extent.


Those that chase HS are about half and half. For example, Tony, Derrin (if he comes back) and I all are up there frequently and none of us PvP.

Also, right now a ton of people you think PvP don't really - they are PvP campers - they fight the minimum number of times per week to keep their score. But that's a separate problem. If there isn't a new season, that will continue.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2119
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Fix Hero Score Issues

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:33 am

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:most (not all) players PvP to some extent.


Those that chase HS are about half and half. For example, Tony, Derrin (if he comes back) and I all are up there frequently and none of us PvP.

Also, right now a ton of people you think PvP don't really - they are PvP campers - they fight the minimum number of times per week to keep their score. But that's a separate problem. If there isn't a new season, that will continue.


Even setting PvP aside, I seriously doubt people are going to forgo levelling simply to keep doing KFS for HS. This assumes they aren’t going to hit the new raids (which will have higher level enemies doing more damage to them if they don’t level), assumes they don’t want the extra ability points (though we don’t know what the new levels will bring yet) and also that they aren’t concerned with getting the new top gear, which they can only get with the new valour.

The whoring of KFS needs to stop but I remember them ‘fixing’ the last raid people used to farm a lot (CoC) and they ended up hamstringing the people actually doing it at Soldier level.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Fix Hero Score Issues

Postby Bbbb » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:19 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:This assumes they aren’t going to hit the new raids (which will have higher level enemies doing more damage to them if they don’t level),

Except for scaling. Remember that?

assumes they don’t want the extra ability points (though we don’t know what the new levels will bring yet)

You are assuming we are getting points.

and also that they aren’t concerned with getting the new top gear, which they can only get with the new valour.

Several of us have tons of GV. Saraa, Tony, Derrin are going to max immediately without raiding. I may even be able to on some toons.

The whoring of KFS needs to stop but I remember them ‘fixing’ the last raid people used to farm a lot (CoC) and they ended up hamstringing the people actually doing it at Soldier level.


Not asking for a raid change - asking for a hero score handling change.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2119
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Fix Hero Score Issues

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:13 am

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:This assumes they aren’t going to hit the new raids (which will have higher level enemies doing more damage to them if they don’t level),

Except for scaling. Remember that?

assumes they don’t want the extra ability points (though we don’t know what the new levels will bring yet)

You are assuming we are getting points.

and also that they aren’t concerned with getting the new top gear, which they can only get with the new valour.

Several of us have tons of GV. Saraa, Tony, Derrin are going to max immediately without raiding. I may even be able to on some toons.

The whoring of KFS needs to stop but I remember them ‘fixing’ the last raid people used to farm a lot (CoC) and they ended up hamstringing the people actually doing it at Soldier level.


Not asking for a raid change - asking for a hero score handling change.


I just don’t want them to wave their magic ‘not broken but fixed it anyway wand’ on KFS. Just make KFS no longer give HS above certain levels. People can’t avoid gaining XP, even if it’s at a slow rate :-)

If we don’t get points the new levels will bring something. 5 new levels without some kind of benefit beyond some extra health would...be crap. Given all the assumptions about the update flying around (some of which directly contradict what the announcements said), it’s fair to expect new levels might bring something. Every other level expansion has.

Most people can’t just toss millions of GV into conversions and get them like that. It’s a luxury a handful of people have and nobody else. Would any of the people who have billions of GV even return straight to KFS after converting and completely ignore new raids after demanding them for so long?

One thing we know will happen is that the new content will be burned through in a matter of days by some and once they have new gear/gems/whatever they’ll go back to clamouring for updates again.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm


Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron