Pay for event gear with guardian valor

What would you like to see in future updates?

Pay for event gear with guardian valor

Postby Saphy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:23 pm

Since Venan is obviously not going to introduce an update that would include a higher tiered gear beyond T18 and that it seems the only opportunity to get T19 gear and above is grinding during events... I suggest that we are able to buy high tiered event gear year round. We could simply use guardian valor to purchase the items.

Maybe at Majerios there can be an event gear section.

It's annoying to grind thru these events (usually around the time we have real life holiday plans) just to score one limited time item.

Saphira
Saphy

Re: Pay for event gear with guardian valor

Postby Cheesy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:53 am

Would be nice. Even if it was with gs which presumably is the point of condensing to a small time frame so you have to use pots
Cheesy

Postby Shekka » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:20 am

Doing that makes events pointless then. Even non updated events help break up the tedious nature of the same old raids every day.

So I for one, am against that idea.
Shekka

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:27 pm

Nothing is obvious.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Bbbb » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:18 pm

I don't that I agree with the GV point - they need to make money somewhere.

However, I think the event gear should available at GS price year round. That's an easy change and could be a new revenue source.
Bbbb

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Event gear should be available for gs at Mysterio's black market.

But then it becomes a pay to play situation, for the teens who want to be tops at pvp.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby InsertNameHere » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:23 pm

inDERPendence wrote:Event gear should be available for gs at Mysterio's black market.

Yes. All my farmed GS is going on filling out my wardrobe now. It's a royal pain to have to wait a year for one or two items. Getting that pumpkin shield available again would be nice too, I made sure I had enough GS available and it wasn't in the event shop.

inDERPendence wrote:But then it becomes a pay to play situation, for the teens who want to be tops at pvp.

Realistically, most of those are off playing other things. Active population here is very, very low, regardless of f2p/p2p status. When an event has less than 30 avatars (and some of those were multiples from the same player) taking part at a time, there's trouble.
There were plenty of times during the Halloween event that there was a single raid active, and it wasn't full.
InsertNameHere

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:24 am

InsertNameHere wrote:
inDERPendence wrote:Event gear should be available for gs at Mysterio's black market.

Yes. All my farmed GS is going on filling out my wardrobe now. It's a royal pain to have to wait a year for one or two items. Getting that pumpkin shield available again would be nice too, I made sure I had enough GS available and it wasn't in the event shop.

inDERPendence wrote:But then it becomes a pay to play situation, for the teens who want to be tops at pvp.

Realistically, most of those are off playing other things. Active population here is very, very low, regardless of f2p/p2p status. When an event has less than 30 avatars (and some of those were multiples from the same player) taking part at a time, there's trouble.
There were plenty of times during the Halloween event that there was a single raid active, and it wasn't full.

I wouldn't base too many things on Halloween event participation. It is by far the least favoured event in terms of people actually joining the raids and this is quite common for the Halloween raid. I saw many guilds running raids during it. I think a lot of players still skip it like many did when it was the old format.

Making things available year-round would be okay if they were for a reasonable price. That allows anyone who wants them but can't slap cash on the table for them to save their gs drops. If they're going to be ludicrously priced like the top two sigils, then they can stay event only.

It would be cool if you could pay at least (to pick a number) 50% of the event currency cost in order to have the event item drop into the normal shop for the coming year until the same event returns and pay the difference in gs. Some of my toons had to pick whether they wanted the pirate ring or the other gear they needed. Obviously went for the ring but was never going to be able to collect enough currency from a non-OS format for the rest.
Illy_the_Red

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions