T7 Luck Gems in other slots

What would you like to see in future updates?

T7 Luck Gems in other slots

Postby _Raiden » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:57 am

Please please allow the t7 gems to be placed in other slots
_Raiden
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 pm

Re: Lucky the Leprechaun Event 2016

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:01 am

_Raiden wrote:Please please allow the t7 gems to be placed in other slots


Can't agree with this more. All white gems really need to be changed...people might actually use them beyond pointlessly boosting their might so it looks pretty on a leaderboard....
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: T7 Luck Gems in other slots

Postby Bbbb » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:55 pm

I wish. I've run my Mage with 5 lucky gems for the past year and it has been fine, but I wonder how much it will hurt to sub out the other 4 with the loss of Magic.

Illy_the_Red wrote:Can't agree with this more. All white gems really need to be changed...people might actually use them beyond pointlessly boosting their might so it looks pretty on a leaderboard....


What? You don't like my 101K build that I only turn on when I know I am not using my Mage for a long time so it sits high on the might board. :lol: Honestly, that used to be my TSR P3 build slot back when it was insanely difficult - now I can use my normal OS build so I had an extra slot that I had no use for.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2098
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: T7 Luck Gems in other slots

Postby Saraa » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:19 pm

Bbbb wrote:I wish. I've run my Mage with 5 lucky gems for the past year and it has been fine, but I wonder how much it will hurt to sub out the other 4 with the loss of Magic.

Illy_the_Red wrote:Can't agree with this more. All white gems really need to be changed...people might actually use them beyond pointlessly boosting their might so it looks pretty on a leaderboard....


What? You don't like my 101K build that I only turn on when I know I am not using my Mage for a long time so it sits high on the might board. :lol: Honestly, that used to be my TSR P3 build slot back when it was insanely difficult - now I can use my normal OS build so I had an extra slot that I had no use for.


I run a 9 lucky gem mob/luck build. It is a consistent 2 hit kill for most mobs in SR...SQ can take 1-3 depending on the mob type. I also agree that it would be nice to put white gems in any slot and just allow for a max of one white gem(of any type) per piece of gear.
Saraa
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Re: T7 Luck Gems in other slots

Postby Bbbb » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Luckys_my_sugar_Paddy wrote: I also agree that it would be nice to put white gems in any slot and just allow for a max of one white gem(of any type) per piece of gear.


:lol: We know what slot they are going in under that situation. Bye Bye Blues....
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2098
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: T7 Luck Gems in other slots

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Luckys_my_sugar_Paddy wrote: I also agree that it would be nice to put white gems in any slot and just allow for a max of one white gem(of any type) per piece of gear.


:lol: We know what slot they are going in under that situation. Bye Bye Blues....


Yep ;) honestly if they were going to bring in new gems like that, why tease by making them only useable by sacrificing damage? The new crit and crit power gems would be great...if we could use them in the right slots. I use one or two crit gems and don't bother with much else. Don't see why they're intentionally limited.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: T7 Luck Gems in other slots

Postby Saraa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:28 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:
Bbbb wrote:
Luckys_my_sugar_Paddy wrote: I also agree that it would be nice to put white gems in any slot and just allow for a max of one white gem(of any type) per piece of gear.


:lol: We know what slot they are going in under that situation. Bye Bye Blues....


Yep ;) honestly if they were going to bring in new gems like that, why tease by making them only useable by sacrificing damage? The new crit and crit power gems would be great...if we could use them in the right slots. I use one or two crit gems and don't bother with much else. Don't see why they're intentionally limited.


I'm pretty sure they were limited so that you couldn't equip more than one white(special) gem per piece of gear and the 4th slot was the easiest to assign because it wasn't specific to any color type gem. Overall, without understanding the coding, it sounds like it was done a little bit out of convenience and a little bit out of laziness.

How hard is it to code the white resistance/crit/crit power gems the same as any blue gem, or the lucky gems the same way as any yellow gem. Having these gems only be allowed in the 4th slot is hamstringing builds and wasn't the original intention of the white gems to provide a greater variety and specialization of builds?

It just seems very counterproductive to putting together an effective build of any kind the way things are now. I'm fine with limiting white gems to one per piece of gear but the current restrictions on location need to go.
Saraa
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Re: T7 Luck Gems in other slots

Postby Bbbb » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Luckys_my_sugar_Paddy wrote:Overall, without understanding the coding, it sounds like it was done a little bit out of convenience and a little bit out of laziness.


Laziness. I believe Chem was behind all this and when they rushed out these gems this time last week the whole thing was not thought through. Remember that the Unstable were originally going to have a 20% penalty until we showed them something called Math. :lol:
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2098
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: T7 Luck Gems in other slots

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:49 am

What they could've done is limit the white slots to only white gems....
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: T7 Luck Gems in other slots

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:22 pm

DerpTeam wrote:What they could've done is limit the white slots to only white gems....


That would make a lot of toons suddenly suck...you'd be a lot worse off damage-wise and still fighting monsters in the Coke realm of the same levels they were before.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron