Suggestion: Account Chest/Storage

What would you like to see in future updates?

Suggestion: Account Chest/Storage

Postby GWARslave119 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:15 pm

It'd be nice to have a chest to where your account can share certain items. Things like gems and gear, obviously not. But things that can typically be bought with gs', like elixirs, would be good to share. Most people spend most of their time on their main, not alts. And things like Elixir of Wisdom kinda just build up. And it's a good way to help boost your alts without overkill (like giving them hand-me-downs of gear).
GWARslave119

Re: Suggestion: Account Chest/Storage

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:01 pm

GWARslave119 wrote:It'd be nice to have a chest to where your account can share certain items. Things like gems and gear, obviously not. But things that can typically be bought with gs', like elixirs, would be good to share. Most people spend most of their time on their main, not alts. And things like Elixir of Wisdom kinda just build up. And it's a good way to help boost your alts without overkill (like giving them hand-me-downs of gear).

Most definitely a good idea. I would definitely say anything that your toon can earn should be passable to another on your account. We're at the point where we want to try out new toons and strategies without the grind of getting the best gear and gems for the 6th-8th time. All items earned or bought were earned or bought by you, and passing them to yourself is hardly game-breaking. I think BoH has grown (or declined) past the point where doing this would be a concern, and many games employ this very same option.
Illy_the_Red

Postby GWARslave119 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:20 am

Illy_the_Red wrote: would definitely say anything that your toon can earn should be passable to another on your account.

with the exception of things like event gear and special one of a kinds, those should stay a character-only deal of course ;p
GWARslave119

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:26 pm

GWARslave119 wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote: would definitely say anything that your toon can earn should be passable to another on your account.

with the exception of things like event gear and special one of a kinds, those should stay a character-only deal of course ;p

Why? You earned them, they're yours. Your characters are yours too. Now passing them off to another player I don't like, and that sort of thing should probably be very limited unless it allowed us to put a price on them.

Odds are, if you're passing something on to another toon, that one probably doesn't have a use for it any longer ie they probably upgraded. Since it's the lower, less powerful toons that struggle the most in events anyway (mainly caused by level/might imbalance), it avoids a strong-get-stronger situation while little toons are left behind.
Illy_the_Red

Postby GWARslave119 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:46 pm

event gear are special limited time offers and unique. Stuff like that should never be allowed to trade within your account. It's....unique.
GWARslave119

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:50 am

GWARslave119 wrote:event gear are special limited time offers and unique. Stuff like that should never be allowed to trade within your account. It's....unique.

Not a good enough reason. Gear is gear, and 'unique' should mean that if that's going to be the reasoning. Several of my 1H toons have the same unique event item.

If you want to pass it on, it's because it no longer has any use to that toon, and as you earned it, it's yours to do with as you please. Selling could be a good alternative but Majerio rips you off on anything you sell back.
Illy_the_Red

Postby GWARslave119 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:43 am

WEll it's like in WoW. You can't share pets/mounts/legendary gear you've aquired. Those are hard earned and should only be for that character. Heirloom gear, on the other hand, can be shared within your characters and are earned by building up certain currency.
GWARslave119

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:07 pm

GWARslave119 wrote:WEll it's like in WoW. You can't share pets/mounts/legendary gear you've aquired. Those are hard earned and should only be for that character. Heirloom gear, on the other hand, can be shared within your characters and are earned by building up certain currency.

Never played it. Nor will I ever :) earned gear by one toon is theirs and should be theirs to decide what to do with. Not asking for a proper economy...though most modern games seem to do it...just a way to give items to myself that have already been hard earned. They are mine and should be able to be passed on to characters that are also mine.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:17 am

Characters must kill one another to get their gear.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions