Golden Guidelines & Suggestions

What would you like to see in future updates?

Golden Guidelines & Suggestions

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:50 am

Subject:
Golden Guidelines & Suggestions:

( viewtopic.php?p=2784#p2784 )

Hotasfire0Coolasice wrote:I also told myself a little something i shouldnt have when I ran out of ideas.. "Idiot" "Venan wont even like this" "Wasting your time" As I think I did. My suggestions usually get bypassed so I didn't bother remaking my second class suggestion. My first was and is full detail, 12 suggested spells, weaponry, description, etc.

My Dad taught me there are no stupid questions, except for the unasked ones. Several times I would ask a question in class, and when the teacher answered me, another person would ask for clarification. The same person who *did* not ask a question when the teacher said "Do you understand?" or "Any questions?"

What does this have to do with suggestions? You cannot suggest a change to the game unless you ask "How does this work?" or "Could this be better?" or "Why cannot I do this?" or "Which Class do I like better?" or "Why do I need so many Health Potions?"

I sent hundreds of game suggestion to an Austin TX game company about one of their card games. They never used a single one - however, it helped me look at the game in a new light and find some cool things my friends never figured out. The more detailed your suggestions, the more you find out about the game.

( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=141 )
"-
Admin wrote:Please note that we can't address all feature requests for the game. However, new ideas are always welcome.

The more detail you put in your suggestion, the better it is for us here at Venan.

-"

My Golden Guidelines are:
1) Never call Venan or another User names or insult them. People deserve respect. Ex: "[UserName] had a stupid, idiotic suggestion, which Venan should never do, but mine will save the company from bankruptcy."

2) Never indirectly call Venan names or indirectly insult them. Ex: "The Cyborg's Infinite Gold Shield rank 15 ability is the stupidest ability Venan ever invented."

3) Try and make your suggestions positive ideas, not "veiled criticism". Ex: Instead of "No one in their right mind would use Icy Grasp rank 3" say instead something like "The version 1.1 combo Icy Grasp rank 3 & Combustion rank 1 is hard to execute because any damage done breaks the stun from Icy Grasp. How about a 1 second Meditate that heals 1% of Health?" The first example is made up, while the second example is close to a post over on another forum. While Venan did not add Meditate, they did add the most awesome new ability Defend. I use Defend all the time in Raids.

4) Spell check your suggestions. This is polite, but not magic. On another forum, the spell checker once inserted a insult when I misspelled a group.

5) Remember Edit and delete. To Err is Human.

6) Realize all posts are not perfect. I went back and edited a post about Haste because I discovered new things about BoH and the Haste Rating. However the rest of the post was fine. A second post made a suggestion to Venan that will totally not work in BoH v1.3, however my wife's Justicar had to get 9,000 Might Rating before I discovered it. I left the second post alone, I had made a suggestion and Venan would not use it. That does not mean I will stop posting suggestions to BoH Forum.

Tags: BasicFAQ, BoHForum
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Golden Guidelines & Suggestions

Postby Hotasfire0Coolasice » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:28 pm

BjofCJandBj wrote:Subject:
Golden Guidelines & Suggestions:

( viewtopic.php?p=2784#p2784 )

Hotasfire0Coolasice wrote:I also told myself a little something i shouldnt have when I ran out of ideas.. "Idiot" "Venan wont even like this" "Wasting your time" As I think I did. My suggestions usually get bypassed so I didn't bother remaking my second class suggestion. My first was and is full detail, 12 suggested spells, weaponry, description, etc.

My Dad taught me there are no stupid questions, except for the unasked ones. Several times I would ask a question in class, and when the teacher answered me, another person would ask for clarification. The same person who *did* not ask a question when the teacher said "Do you understand?" or "Any questions?"

What does this have to do with suggestions? You cannot suggest a change to the game unless you ask "How does this work?" or "Could this be better?" or "Why cannot I do this?" or "Which Class do I like better?" or "Why do I need so many Health Potions?"

I sent hundreds of game suggestion to an Austin TX game company about one of their card games. They never used a single one - however, it helped me look at the game in a new light and find some cool things my friends never figured out. The more detailed your suggestions, the more you find out about the game.

( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=141 )
"-
Admin wrote:Please note that we can't address all feature requests for the game. However, new ideas are always welcome.

The more detail you put in your suggestion, the better it is for us here at Venan.

-"

My Golden Guidelines are:
1) Never call Venan or another User names or insult them. People deserve respect. Ex: "[UserName] had a stupid, idiotic suggestion, which Venan should never do, but mine will save the company from bankruptcy."

2) Never indirectly call Venan names or indirectly insult them. Ex: "The Cyborg's Infinite Gold Shield rank 15 ability is the stupidest ability Venan ever invented."

3) Try and make your suggestions positive ideas, not "veiled criticism". Ex: Instead of "No one in their right mind would use Icy Grasp rank 3" say instead something like "The version 1.1 combo Icy Grasp rank 3 & Combustion rank 1 is hard to execute because any damage done breaks the stun from Icy Grasp. How about a 1 second Meditate that heals 1% of Health?" The first example is made up, while the second example is close to a post over on another forum. While Venan did not add Meditate, they did add the most awesome new ability Defend. I use Defend all the time in Raids.

4) Spell check your suggestions. This is polite, but not magic. On another forum, the spell checker once inserted a insult when I misspelled a group.

5) Remember Edit and delete. To Err is Human.

6) Realize all posts are not perfect. I went back and edited a post about Haste because I discovered new things about BoH and the Haste Rating. However the rest of the post was fine. A second post made a suggestion to Venan that will totally not work in BoH v1.3, however my wife's Justicar had to get 9,000 Might Rating before I discovered it. I left the second post alone, I had made a suggestion and Venan would not use it. That does not mean I will stop posting suggestions to BoH Forum.

I hope this isn't about me.. I was insulting myself. And I've been ignored in chat and in forum posts commonly so that's why I said that.
Hotasfire0Coolasice

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions