Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:58 am

EricM wrote:
CrzyHopper wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:We're happy with the current balance, although as always we'll continue to evaluate and make changes like we have in the past if we feel they are warranted.


Sounds to me they don't want players maxing out quick. Makes sense. The longer it takes players to max the more time they get to work on new content.

But seriously...the pure essence drop rate is a joke considering how much of it you need and all the bs you have to go through to refine and purify it.


From experience... +1 lol


So I guess what you guys are saying is 'the drop rates are fine, but we need Pure Essence so change that?' :roll:
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

Postby Bbbb » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:08 am

CrzyHopper wrote:But seriously...the pure essence drop rate is a joke considering how much of it you need and all the bs you have to go through to refine and purify it.


The worse part is that if you only have one onslaught toon, you eventually get back up on essence needing to be refined. I was up to 60K at one point. The cost of catalysts and workbenches is too high to attack it that way. So even if you won't change the drop rates, can you do something to speed up the refining process?

My workaround, which sucks, is when my mage get too backed up, I switch to doing onslaught with another toon until I get the backlog to reasonable levels.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

Postby LadyElenia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:42 am

How about adding items that are looted to be disenchanted for enchant mats . And increase the chances to get flux drops in the portals outside the town of glenfort .
LadyElenia
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

Postby Darkhorse » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:58 am

Ilyana wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:We're happy with the current balance, although as always we'll continue to evaluate and make changes like we have in the past if we feel they are warranted.


We know you're happy with the drop rates, that was part of the whole point of making a post about collecting four times the materials needed. Since we're talking about it, since 2.0 I've only managed to get one level VII enchant. One solitary high-level one.

The issue is a problem - extra enchants and gear are great, but you have to appreciate how difficult it now is saving for four enchants per gear at the same drop rates?


I certainly appreciate how difficult and time consuming it is. That is partially the point. Enchantments were not meant to be gained overnight. Some aspects of character progression are supposed to be easily obtained and gained quickly (levels for example). Some aspects of character progression are supposed to take a moderate amount of time (new tier gear, some gems, low level enchants, some hero training). Some aspects are supposed to be a longer and slower form of improving characters for those that really want to put in the time and dedication (full gems, high level enchants, high levels of hero training).

If the game balance dictates that we increase drops, we will do so. These are things we review quite regularly.
User avatar
Darkhorse
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

Postby Darkhorse » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:02 am

Bbbb wrote:
CrzyHopper wrote:But seriously...the pure essence drop rate is a joke considering how much of it you need and all the bs you have to go through to refine and purify it.


The worse part is that if you only have one onslaught toon, you eventually get back up on essence needing to be refined. I was up to 60K at one point. The cost of catalysts and workbenches is too high to attack it that way. So even if you won't change the drop rates, can you do something to speed up the refining process?

My workaround, which sucks, is when my mage get too backed up, I switch to doing onslaught with another toon until I get the backlog to reasonable levels.


Lately we've been evaluating the work bench pricing. I won't make any guarantees, but just know that we're looking at it and understand the concern.
User avatar
Darkhorse
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

Postby Deadlift » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:08 am

"But seriously...the pure essence drop rate is a joke considering how much of it you need and all the bs you have to go through to refine and purify it.

From experience... +1 lol

So I guess what you guys are saying is 'the drop rates are fine, but we need Pure Essence so change that?' :roll:"

---

No No, They're saying the pure drop rate is low, considering how much of it you need and how time consuming acquiring it is, by fighting or by refining.
Deadlift
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:45 pm

Re: Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Deadlift wrote:"But seriously...the pure essence drop rate is a joke considering how much of it you need and all the bs you have to go through to refine and purify it.

From experience... +1 lol

So I guess what you guys are saying is 'the drop rates are fine, but we need Pure Essence so change that?' :roll:"

---

No No, They're saying the pure drop rate is low, considering how much of it you need and how time consuming acquiring it is, by fighting or by refining.


My point was, they were saying in the same post that it somehow makes sense to have the same overall material drop rates, but that Venan should increase the Pure Essence drop rate.

In other words, 'we're past needing regular essence, but that pure stuff we need really should drop more often'.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

Postby CrzyHopper » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Ilyana wrote:
Deadlift wrote:"But seriously...the pure essence drop rate is a joke considering how much of it you need and all the bs you have to go through to refine and purify it.

From experience... +1 lol

So I guess what you guys are saying is 'the drop rates are fine, but we need Pure Essence so change that?' :roll:"

---

No No, They're saying the pure drop rate is low, considering how much of it you need and how time consuming acquiring it is, by fighting or by refining.


My point was, they were saying in the same post that it somehow makes sense to have the same overall material drop rates, but that Venan should increase the Pure Essence drop rate.

In other words, 'we're past needing regular essence, but that pure stuff we need really should drop more often'.


My opinion...If they were to pick one over the other it would be nice if it were pure essence. Considering the process and amount of the other forms of essence it takes to get to pure status, wouldn't it be nice for more drops of the one that takes more materials? Break it down how much essence and refined essence it takes for one pure and consider yourself collecting that many of those as well. Your toon will keep growing and you will eventually appreciate it as you will eventually need it.
CrzyHopper
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Re: Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

Postby Bbbb » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Darkhorse wrote:Lately we've been evaluating the work bench pricing. I won't make any guarantees, but just know that we're looking at it and understand the concern.


While you are doing that, please also look into letting us do more than 99 refining operations at once. Also, a Max button to get to the Max instead of having having to Hold and Press would be helpful.

If we could do say 500 essence refining in a single go, I'd be much more likely to buy the 2nd workbench at 5 GS.

BTW, I am not primarily suggesting lifting the 99 limit to reduce workbench cost. It's a usability thing. Right now, I wake up start a 99 batch. Then in the afternoon, log in again. Estimate how big a batch I could do before bedtime. Then fire off another 99 batch before bed. Royal PITA and always end up with gaps. Also, worse it stinks of some lousy gameplay Mafia Wars had (has?). It'd be so much easier if we could fill it for at least 24 hours so we would only need to deal with it once a day.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Previous

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests