Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

What would you like to see in future updates?

Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:59 am

Now that we have two enchant options per gear piece and an entire set of PvP-only gear (which eventually you will need to have to remain competitive) to also enchant, I think it's time essence, flux and silver drop rates were seriously looked at.

Note: some people will have wagons of silver, thousands of essence and hundreds of flux, I'm sure. Most don't. Most people are not maxers who have been saving huge amounts of materials ever since they finished the 1.5 content. Think about how difficult it must be for a newer player who is new to enchantment. They're in an even worse position.

What is obvious to me is that while saving for those level VII-IX enchants may have been very very challenging, it was at least theoretically possible to get one day. Taking just one enchant from VI to IX costs (I believe) 600 pure essence (60,000 essence), 600 flux and 6 diamond gravers (6million silver or 120gs).

If we're expected to realistically save enough materials for four sets of enchantments on two sets of gear raiding a few times a day, there's a strong case to at least double the drops that we're currently seeing. Events should be giving even more.
Illy_the_Red

Re: Increase Enchantment Material Drop Rates

Postby Bbbb » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:40 pm

I think there are less than 50 people who have done even 1 Level 9 enchant.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:26 pm

Bbbb wrote:I think there are less than 50 people who have done even 1 Level 9 enchant.

Good for them. What were you aiming to show or add by telling us though? Also I think I remember Tacita mentioning having x3 level IX Initiative enchants (apologies if this wasn't you Taci lol).
Illy_the_Red

Postby Win_or_Lose » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:52 pm

I suspect drop rates will be higher in future raids.
Win_or_Lose

Postby Tacita » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Ilyana wrote:
Bbbb wrote:I think there are less than 50 people who have done even 1 Level 9 enchant.

Good for them. What were you aiming to show or add by telling us though? Also I think I remember Tacita mentioning having x3 level IX Initiative enchants (apologies if this wasn't you Taci lol).

Lol! I wish I had even 1 lvl 9 enchant :D
I remember the 0.42s wait time on one screenshot from the pvp prewiev and Ceka saying that it could be possible with 3xlvl 9 initiative enchants (looks like he was right... how I understand initiative that's 0.15s+3*0.09s). But I don't know anybody with 27lvl initiative.
Tacita

Postby DreamingDæmon » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Ilyana wrote:

The impression I got was that B4 was actually supporting your argument by illustrating how, 6 months and more after the introduction of levels 7-9, only a handful of people are even in the general vicinity of getting close to end-level enchants, and thus higher drop rates would be appreciated by pretty much everyone...
DreamingDæmon

Postby Darkhorse » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:54 pm

We're happy with the current balance, although as always we'll continue to evaluate and make changes like we have in the past if we feel they are warranted.
Darkhorse

Postby CrzyHopper » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Darkhorse wrote:We're happy with the current balance, although as always we'll continue to evaluate and make changes like we have in the past if we feel they are warranted.

Sounds to me they don't want players maxing out quick. Makes sense. The longer it takes players to max the more time they get to work on new content.

But seriously...the pure essence drop rate is a joke considering how much of it you need and all the bs you have to go through to refine and purify it.
CrzyHopper

Postby EricM » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:58 pm

CrzyHopper wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:We're happy with the current balance, although as always we'll continue to evaluate and make changes like we have in the past if we feel they are warranted.

Sounds to me they don't want players maxing out quick. Makes sense. The longer it takes players to max the more time they get to work on new content.

But seriously...the pure essence drop rate is a joke considering how much of it you need and all the bs you have to go through to refine and purify it.

From experience... +1 lol
EricM

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:56 am

We know you're happy with the drop rates, that was part of the whole point of making a post about collecting four times the materials needed. Since we're talking about it, since 2.0 I've only managed to get one level VII enchant. One solitary high-level one.

The issue is a problem - extra enchants and gear are great, but you have to appreciate how difficult it now is saving for four enchants per gear at the same drop rates?
Illy_the_Red

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions