Not just a gripe about Silver- DEV RESPONSE

What would you like to see in future updates?

Not just a gripe about Silver- DEV RESPONSE

Postby _Nømåd_ » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm

Seriously, why is silver so hard to come by at higher levels? People who barely meet the might req for LoB or HM get pounded in those raids and need all the help they can get (I.e. healing potions, runes, enchants) and the silver payout is ridiculously low. The monster drop rates suck. You get nearly the same amount of silver as a reward for killing Trask in his dungeon as you do for killing the Spider Queen only you have to spend 20e to do SQ. If you want silver you have to waste your time/energy in an onslaught raid where you can kill quickly, farm Trask repeatedly (BTW: Trask and CoC farming give about the same silver per E used), or spend real money. Even spending real money the most you can get is 300k silver for $50. That is ridiculous! Thats only enough to buy 3 steel engravers. For $50 you better be giving me at least 750k.

Venan, please tell me you are looking at this issue!
_Nømåd_

Re: Not just a gripe about Silver

Postby DaK_ » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:02 pm

spending money on silver for gravers is a poor choice.... The same $50 can be used for 750 gs. Buying gravers with gs you can get 37 and still have shields left.

Silver used to have no purpose, this was venan's answer to all the complaints
DaK_

Postby Sàlád_ » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:00 pm

The silve gravers are easy to earn (100k) but the dimond are harder so instead of going through the hassle i just spend 20gs on it save myself some time
Sàlád_

Postby _Nømåd_ » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:33 am

You guys are talking about diamond gravers that you can get for GS, I'm talking affording steel gravers and other enchant materials along with runes, potions, etc.
The silver that we get is disproportionate to the need we have for it especially when you have toons barely at the might levels to get into LoB and HM.
_Nømåd_

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:11 am

Randar wrote:You guys are talking about diamond gravers that you can get for GS, I'm talking affording steel gravers and other enchant materials along with runes, potions, etc.
The silver that we get is disproportionate to the need we have for it especially when you have toons barely at the might levels to get into LoB and HM.

Are you buying Vile healing potions? I think BJ worked out that it's actually far more economical to buy the lesser ones (powerful/large) and use those to heal up.

Gravers and such are generally expensive. I intend to just save up 20gs and buy the diamond ones as I'm likely to be collecting/crafting pure essence for a lot longer than it takes to get 20gs from loot rolls.
Illy_the_Red

Postby scurvynaive » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:29 pm

You guys are giving answers to a question he didn't ask.

Yes there are other ways to buy gravers, yes you can farm COC, yes buying smaller potions is more economical. But thats not his issue. The issue here is difficulty vs reward. It seems the rewards basically topped out at trask. Everything gets harder and harder and costs more e per loot roll but rewards are static. You have to admit it makes no sense. I have no problem getting loads of silver and gs from COC so it's no biggie to me and to many others but from a common sense perspective the reward vs difficulty is clearly bonkers.
scurvynaive

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:07 pm

scurvynaive wrote:You guys are giving answers to a question he didn't ask.

Yes there are other ways to buy gravers, yes you can farm COC, yes buying smaller potions is more economical. But thats not his issue. The issue here is difficulty vs reward. It seems the rewards basically topped out at trask. Everything gets harder and harder and costs more e per loot roll but rewards are static. You have to admit it makes no sense. I have no problem getting loads of silver and gs from COC so it's no biggie to me and to many others but from a common sense perspective the reward vs difficulty is clearly bonkers.

Actually, we were giving him ways to maximise the use of the silver he does get. Silver drops do suck in LoB for example, but we can't do anything about that.
Illy_the_Red

Postby notallthatfat » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Randar wrote:You guys are talking about diamond gravers that you can get for GS, I'm talking affording steel gravers and other enchant materials along with runes, potions, etc.

Mhm steel gravers are dirt cheap xD i can make enough silver in a day to buy 3-5. If lob as hm are eating your silver/ potions that bad, you should get more might before doing it lol.
notallthatfat

Postby scurvynaive » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Ilyana wrote:
scurvynaive wrote:You guys are giving answers to a question he didn't ask.

Actually, we were giving him ways to maximise the use of the silver he does get. Silver drops do suck in LoB for example, but we can't do anything about that.

Looking back my comment probably came across a little rude and I did not mean it that way. My point is that he isn't really asking for a way to maximize his spending, he is asking for silver to scale with difficulty instead of hitting a ceiling at trask. In short, he wants a response from Venan not from other players, as helpful as they may be. His complaint is legitimate imo and is all over the forums so he is not alone. Sorry if I offended previously.
scurvynaive

Postby EricM » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:12 pm

I'm always been bothered by how silver rewards don't scale, but purely from an aesthetic perspective. I don't like inconsistencies in the game. That said though, I think the main reason is simply balance. Prior to 2.0, many had hoards and hoards of silver stocked up (I know of at least one player with over >200m). 2.0 (via LoB mainly) did a really good job of forcing silver to be a valuable resource again.

However, it is a valid point that if HM/LoB is sucking up too much silver, then maybe the issue is that either your build and/or might isn't/aren't sufficient to optimally perform. It's the same problem that's always been there. When I first hit 13600 might... the first thing I did was jump into VG. I ended up using so many potions to heal that it wasn't worth the silver cost at all until my damage (weapon and gems) and defense (armor) went up further.

Randar wrote: If you want silver you have to waste your time/energy in an onslaught raid where you can kill quickly, farm Trask repeatedly (BTW: Trask and CoC farming give about the same silver per E used), or spend real money.

So in recap, you're saying the main ways to gain silver are:
1) To waste time on Onslaught to gain silver quickly
2) To waste energy on Trask (or other dungeons) to gain silver slowly
3) To waste money in the gs/silver shop to gain silver immediately

I feel like that's actually a reasonable balance :p (P.S. Like DaK said above, never waste $$ on buying silver... much better off buying gs)
EricM

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions