Mega Topic: Trade for Things between Characters

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Equipment Trade/Gift System

Postby Little_Mike » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:50 pm

We have discussed auction houses and trading before but it is currently not in consideration in the next few updates.

Opening up the economy to the players creates interesting dynamics but we are frankly not ready to have the economy driven by the players. There are a lot of challenges with this feature and if we want to add it, we want to do it right.

Thanks for your suggestions. Keep them coming!
Little_Mike

Postby Marney » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Good to know where things stand, at least. :) Thanks for the insight into the state of affairs, Mike.
Marney

Postby Peter34_merc » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Little_Mike wrote:We have discussed auction houses and trading before but it is currently not in consideration in the next few updates.

Opening up the economy to the players creates interesting dynamics but we are frankly not ready to have the economy driven by the players. There are a lot of challenges with this feature and if we want to add it, we want to do it right.

Thanks for your suggestions. Keep them coming!

My thinking is that if you do implement the sending of armour items, or gems, or valour, then you should charge a gol tax for doing so, so as to make it a "money sink" in the game. Specifically, a gold shield sink, since players' purchase of gold shields is how you earn your income at Venan.

I don't have a specific suggestion, though.
--
Peter Knutsen
Peter34_merc

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:05 am

You could implement the Auction House as a Black Market, then charge a Gold Shield for so many tickets, a ticket would then be used to place a bid for an item. Item prices would be in Silver (which would become very valuable again, if it alone was the currency for auctions). If you were outbid, you would get the silver back that you used to place your bid, but your auction ticket would have been used and the gold shield would not be returned.

This process would accomplish multiple things:
1) Return the value of silver to more than just Alchemy Box feed.
2) Increase the use of Gold Shields to generate income for devs.
3) Allow players to sell/trade itmes.

I would like to have the option of an auction being Guild Only though, to where when an item is put up, its selected for ALL or GUILD ONLY.
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Postby Peter34_merc » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:59 am

I think auction houses work because some games contain a huge variety of items. Venan have reduced the variety with 1.3, introducing configurable gear via the Gem slot mechanic.

An in-game auction house would still work, after a fashion, but it would function more like an early "stock exchange", a "boeurs", where you sell stuff to a broker, and he re-sells it to people who want it for a higher price, earning a percentage profit.

With only a limited variety of items in the game, you'll see a lot of players put up the same kind of item for action, e.g. the tier 8 Justicar's Axe weapon, or a Gem +4 Health or a Gem +6 Haste. So there'sll be intense competition, and that will drive prices down, which means that players must be able to adjust their demand price, after they've put an item up for auction. Otherwise it may not sell at all, as it is continually underbid.

Also, I think it would be very desirable to also enable players to put in Buy Orders, similar to how it works in EVE Online. In fact a Want-to-Buy model may work better than a Want-to-Sell auction-style model, because if there is a Buy Order then you know there is demand, and potential buyers can keep overbidding each other, until someone finally comes by and sells to them.
--
Peter Knutsen
Peter34_merc

Postby Hotasfire0Coolasice » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Peter34 wrote:I think auction houses work because some games contain a huge variety of items. Venan have reduced the variety with 1.3, introducing configurable gear via the Gem slot mechanic.

An in-game auction house would still work, after a fashion, but it would function more like an early "stock exchange", a "boeurs", where you sell stuff to a broker, and he re-sells it to people who want it for a higher price, earning a percentage profit.

With only a limited variety of items in the game, you'll see a lot of players put up the same kind of item for action, e.g. the tier 8 Justicar's Axe weapon, or a Gem +4 Health or a Gem +6 Haste. So there'sll be intense competition, and that will drive prices down, which means that players must be able to adjust their demand price, after they've put an item up for auction. Otherwise it may not sell at all, as it is continually underbid.

Also, I think it would be very desirable to also enable players to put in Buy Orders, similar to how it works in EVE Online. In fact a Want-to-Buy model may work better than a Want-to-Sell auction-style model, because if there is a Buy Order then you know there is demand, and potential buyers can keep overbidding each other, until someone finally comes by and sells to them.

Sadly I was not here for the variety version, and maybe it's just my opinion, but I like to find randomly generated power items, instead of the, buy tier 2, then 3, then 4, then 5, etc. Even if they had a random amount between 1-4 that they could be socketed. (Like no white slot, no red, etc)

Now to get back on the post. My thoughts on an auction house are mixed. If implemented with the idea above, then it'd have a point. BUT! Then would still feature the farm for currency to buy the best stuff, which would be fine. If not, well the auction house would have no point. I myself would like to be a merchant, its fun. Items could be put on auction for Silver, GS, or Valor. GS would then increase the GS bought, due to items being wanted. Majerio would have to be changed of course though.

Idea 1 :

To sell items for silver on the auction house, you would need to buy a beginner's pass from Majerio for around 1-10 GS. Then an intermediate pass would be unlocked, allowing to sell items for squire valor (cost 10,000-40,000 silver). Then an expert's verification, which allows shield sells (cost 500 squire valor). Then a merchant's oath, which allows soldier valor sells (1-30 GS). Finally, a Grand Merchant's Recognition, which either drops from Vallus/Trask with a low chance, or you could buy it for (10-100 GS) and allows you to sell items for KV.

Idea 2 : Ignore Idea 1.

Idea 3 : (My idea of auction house) An item is put up for a price, and is shown for 24 hours before it can be bought. The item is up for 72 hours, unless (READ NEXT PARA) it is accepted and bought. People must offer at LEAST the set price, and can offer more for obvious reasons. The top offer is shown near the "Buy/Offer" button.

Each person who hits "Buy/Offer" sends a thing of mail to the owner of the item stating (NAME) would like to buy your (ITEM NAME) for (OFFER). At the bottom is Accept or Delete. When deleted the sender gets a reply (Offer Declined). When accepted the owner gets the offer amount, and loses the item (given to the offerer). This can either use idea 2 or idea 1.
Hotasfire0Coolasice

Postby Ryan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Great idea! Venan should implement this class.
Ryan

Postby Darksideofman » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:53 am

Ryan wrote:Great idea! Venan should implement this class.

Why are you going to every forum topic
Posting the same thing? All u do is change the last few words.
Darksideofman

Postby Marney » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:03 am

...and this time he's not even trying to make sense, as this thread isn't about a class in the first place. Seeing that some of his posts are no more than 1-2 minutes apart, I have to admit that the whole idea behind his sudden blitz of incoherent approval escapes me.
Marney

Postby Celestial_Cavalier » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 am

Marney wrote:...and this time he's not even trying to make sense, as this thread isn't about a class in the first place. Seeing that some of his posts are no more than 1-2 minutes apart, I have to admit that the whole idea behind his sudden blitz of incoherent approval escapes me.

Maybe he's just after post count? Lol
Celestial_Cavalier

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions