Mega Topic: Low RPP Mercs/ Mercs Trapped in Raids

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Ability to Kick Merc Squatters!?!?!?

Postby Falcor81 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Please Venan change the Merc cap to infinity or let us kick the squatters!! Please please please!!!
Falcor81

Re: Ability to Kick Merc Squatters!?!?!?

Postby Fabricoba » Thu May 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Especially annoying when its the same person all the time. People on a Guild Masters Ignore list shouldn't be able to join the guilds raids as a merc. There is already the ability to ignore people, have it mean something more than just for chat.

You shouldn't need to go through the hassle of a password because a few people are constant tools.
Fabricoba

Merc contribution- RPP Pool for Mercs

Postby Intin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:23 pm

There seems to be a lot of griping about merc caps regarding both the number of mercs allowed as well as the mercs who come in, hit once, and then stop. Who knows why they stop - raid is too hard, they fall asleep, they come in with 2 energy and then get distracted by something shiny or just plain old sabotage, but in the end it's all the same.

Now, with 1.6.1 the raid cap was increased to 100 so that every member of a guild could in theory contribute to a raid. For those guilds that actually have 100 members attend a raid that is fantastic and they shouldn't care about mercs at all, so no real reason to consider that. Those other guilds who are building up though can be impacted by mercs who come in and don't contribute more than a tiny bit.

My suggestion is this. Instead of having a merc cap in terms of number of mercs, could we instead have a merc pool with a specified contribution limit? In other words when you begin the raid instead of saying "hey 10 mercs can join" you say "any number of mercs can join and this is how much they are allowed to contribute to the raid in total". The game seems to already track merc vs guild contribution, so this seemingly should be feasible. Additionally this would allow guilds to escape having a merc come in and completely overcontribute costing the guild power and valor points.

The raid finder would then be modified to show merc contribution allowed and merc contribution remaining. That's it, just a thought.
Intin

Re: Merc contribution

Postby 91Romeo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Umm no lol
91Romeo

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:49 pm

91Romeo wrote:Umm no lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Bbbb » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Rome got the best post of June so far. :lol:
Bbbb

Postby 91Romeo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:22 pm

I didn't think I needed to explain myself. The answer was simple ;)
91Romeo

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:33 pm

Bbbb wrote:Rome got the best post of June so far. :lol:

+1
Possessed_Mithrid

Merc RPP- No Valor unless Min RPP

Postby Darkskye » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:30 am

I mentioned this in another thread but am reposting it here because it sounds like a good idea.

One problem with the 10 merc limit is that we always want quality mercs to join. but sometimes a merc comes in and only contributes 550 rpp.... In VG! This is obviously unacceptable. But what can you do? So my suggestion:

Perhaps a good idea would be to allow officers set a minimum rpp target. Mercenary Raiders will see the minimum expected from them before they join. A merc will only get "paid" if they meet the minimum. If they do not meet the minimum they will not receive tokens from the raid. Personally I like this idea, because mercs are supposedly hired to perform a specific job. In this case, they are hired to hit a certain rpp otherwise the "employer" will not "pay" them.
Darkskye

Postby Spartanmerc » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:37 am

The problem with that Intin, is what if you are using energy in a raid you merc'd in and some high level might player comes in and destroys the merc pool by taking all the remaining RPP for himself even though he doesn't need it. Then you are stuck having contributed a couple of hundred RPP and a chunk of your E pool and get very little in return for it. Can't effectivly contribute to another raid either, and you are locked in for that one in particular. Raising the possible Merc cap number is the only way they can fix it for now unless they do a major overhaul to the raid system, which would take a lot of time and development power away from other issues that need to be addressed. So the short answer, as Rome said, is "No".
Tap, snap, or nap
Spartanmerc

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions