Mega Topic: Low RPP Mercs/ Mercs Trapped in Raids

What would you like to see in future updates?

Postby mage12345 » Fri May 10, 2013 12:45 am

New Subject

OLD Subject
reapply a kick feature

I have been in raids on 1.6 where we had merc spots open and have been mercing as well. I have seen players go in as a merc hit a few times and just stop. Even only a few doing this in the higher end raids can, will, and do cause the raid to fail. To me this is griefing not only the guild hosting the raid but other mercs that go in expecting a fun run. Having a raid ruined by a few that you have spent shields, pots, and possibly cash on is not what i consider a fun time. Could a kick function be put in place where if someone does not hit in a certain amount of time, say 20 - 30 minutes that they can be kicked?

Mod Note, Feature Requests, Sticky, Original Post Locked, Topic/ Thread unlocked but monitor

see also Reporting Skunk Mercs

Re: reapply a kick feature

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Fri May 10, 2013 1:27 am

I understand most (I believe) of the reasons for not allowing raids to kick players.
First off it would be an easy way to circumvent the Raid cap. You Enter a toon, they dump all their e, get kicked, bring in a new toon. This I see as the biggest risk for allowing kicking of raid participants.
To a minor degree, it protects merc bullying where a guild kicks the mercs/toons just prior to a finish for whatever reason and whether or not the toon deserved it.

But after 1.6, more then ever it is critical to manage raiders and 3-4 bad raiders can easily sandbag a raid.

I would propose something along the following guidelines to Venan:

Allow kicking but limit it:
Only allow 4-5 kicks per raid or adjust it per raid type
Toons can not be kicked within 15min-30min of joining
Toons can not be kicked who have contributed a minimum of say 5% of total RPP or some figure.

This would allow guilds to manage dead toons who may have had a RL interrupt or possibly were @$$hats sandbagging the raid.

Yet it would create severe impediments to abuse of the raid cap by guilds.

I think a kick function needs to be in place but I also agree that if so, it needs to have sever limitations on use to avoid raid cap abuse.
Last edited by Possessed_Mithrid on Fri May 10, 2013 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Archangelraziel » Fri May 10, 2013 1:51 am

I completely agree. I've had at least three raids fail cuz of Mercs only doing a couple hits. Real life happens so I don't want to blame the players but its not fair to others. I for one will not spend any more money on gs if this continues. Easy way to fix this is get rid of the raid caps for actual guild members. Limit Mercs to a certain number.

I hate showing up to a raid in my guild that needs help and I can't join. What's the point of that. Having the loyalty system in place will already limit players from jumping guilds but if that is seen as a problem make it so if u join a guild u can't join a raid with them for a set amount of time

This needs to be fixed ASAP or you will be losing players who spend actual cash on your game and I am one of those.

Postby chipster » Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 am

Could mercs joining a raid be handcuffed to the raid (ie they can only spend e there until the end of the raid and nowhere else unless they decide to leave voluntarily...)

Postby ParsMiaS » Sun May 12, 2013 8:33 pm

We have a permanent ignore list. If that is possible, could we have a ban from raiding list for minimalist or disruptive raiders?

Postby Bbbb » Sun May 12, 2013 8:44 pm

chipster wrote:Could mercs joining a raid be handcuffed to the raid (ie they can only spend e there until the end of the raid and nowhere else unless they decide to leave voluntarily...)

Please no. There are valid reasons why e needs to be spent other places.

Postby Roosta » Sun May 12, 2013 9:00 pm

I have what i think is a better idea.. How about removing the raid partcipant and merc cap altogether, as without the cap the 'lazy merc' issue would no longer really be a problem.. Just my opinion..

Postby Oda_Odachi » Mon May 13, 2013 10:38 pm

My thought is allowing Merc raid kicks if
1. Has less than 500 rpp per phase (ie goblins 500, overseer 1500)
2. Has been inactive 20 minutes.

Of course, if you don't allow mercs or have a password, it will keep away unknown mercs.

Ability to Kick Merc Squatters!?!?!?

Postby Longshotz1 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:23 am

Please tell me you guys are planning on letting us kick mercs who are doing nothing but coming into raids, drop one E, then goes afk and end up squatting that space. They take up a spot that would otherwise have been occupied by another raider who would actually put effort into the raid.

This has happened way too many times where it has cost my guild to miss gold and at times even failed the raid.

This really needs to be fixed!

Re: Ability to Kick Merc Squatters!?!?!?

Postby Lintrix » Tue May 21, 2013 4:38 pm

With a cap of mercs set to only 10 slots (1.6.1), this feature needs to be implemented. Of course, it needs to take into consideration that it will not allow abusively kicking mercs. Perhaps set it so that if a merc is providing under xxxx amount of RPP, then that merc is kickable.

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions