Character *Inspect*- Enchanced Version

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Character *Inspect*- Enchanced Version

Postby Shekka » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:27 am

Just for the record, I too am strongly against this.

It is not my fault if some one is not good enough to figure out a toon build on their own. Why should my time and effort become a benefit of another without my permission?

If this was to get added, it is a must for disabling it, per toon, not per account.
Shekka
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: Character *Inspect*- Enchanced Version

Postby routters » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:33 am

Some players want to share their builds - gear, gems, training, abilities. Some don't.

Rather than allowing anyone to look up anyone else's skirt, how about a succinct way of sharing your own build with other players of your choosing?
routters
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: Character *Inspect*- Enchanced Version

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:01 pm

routters wrote:Some players want to share their builds - gear, gems, training, abilities. Some don't.

Rather than allowing anyone to look up anyone else's skirt, how about a succinct way of sharing your own build with other players of your choosing?


I believe Little_Mike already explained how this would be accomplished.

Little_Mike wrote:We have talked about implementing this feature several times in the past, but it is one of our lower priority features. When we do add it, we would probably make it so you would need to opt-in in order to make your actual gear and abilities viewable.
User avatar
Possessed_Mithrid
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Re: Character *Inspect*- Enchanced Version

Postby routters » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Thank you, I read the post. Since the feature has not been coded yet, I do not understand how you already know how it will work.

I thought the Forum was a place that invited ideation. In that vein, I am proposing something orthogonal to the opt-in model. I am proposing an active way to send your build to another player, rather than a passive model where everyone can see your build if you opt in.
routters
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: Character *Inspect*- Enchanced Version

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:55 am

routters wrote:Thank you, I read the post. Since the feature has not been coded yet, I do not understand how you already know how it will work.

I thought the Forum was a place that invited ideation. In that vein, I am proposing something orthogonal to the opt-in model. I am proposing an active way to send your build to another player, rather than a passive model where everyone can see your build if you opt in.


My mistake Routters, in light of your response and then rereading your post, it was clear what you intended. Thats not a half bad idea. Currently most of us just take screen captures of our build and mail/kik/message me it...but an in-game feature to share it easily with selected parties would be handy.
User avatar
Possessed_Mithrid
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Re: Character *Inspect*

Postby Wolfessdeath » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:14 am

Little_Mike wrote:I think he means to actually see what equipment, enchantments, and gems the person has equipped. This is something on our to-do list, but it is relatively low priority. It will eventually get in.


Eventually get in was said a year ago, I have a feeling this company doesn't like to update things the players actually want just things that will give them the most money for the least amount of effort. It's why they made the characters just cards - less money/time spent on animations. :)
Wolfessdeath
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Arizona

Inspect Gear and Gems

Postby G_O_T_Slythefox » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:05 am

A useful idea to add to inspecting would allow a player to inspect someone and see their selected gear and gems attached to that gear as well as enchantments.
G_O_T_Slythefox
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:02 am

Re: Inspect Gear and Gems- Merged

Postby CrzyHopper » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:23 am

Slythefox wrote:A useful idea to add to inspecting would allow a player to inspect someone and see their selected gear and gems attached to that gear as well as enchantments.


Terrible idea. I'm 100% against this. Part of the strategy is your opponent not knowing those items in PvP. Also anyone can just take your build that you worked hard on figuring out/acquiring. Lazy players would just copy builds instead of playing the game and figuring it out on their own. I get whispers from players under 500 might for my build. Seriously? My 33k might build wont help you. Play the game a bit first, enjoy it and figure it out on your own. Help is one thing but asking for or getting to see a whole build is ridiculous.
CrzyHopper
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Previous

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests