Rune Confusion: Pressing Purge instead of Break- ARCHIVE

What would you like to see in future updates?

Rune Confusion: Pressing Purge instead of Break- ARCHIVE

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Edit: v1.4 fixes the problem with multiple Level 25 characters. But problem still exists with multiple low Level characters that have either Purge Runes or Break Runes, not both. Since they only have one type, you can accidentally mistake it for the other type. Ex: if they only have Purge Runes, you might waste one thinking it is a Break Rune.

Problem:
One a week I hit the wrong rune wasting a Break or a Purge rune. This is especially problem since 2 of my character have Break rune first on their menu and 1 has Break rune second on their menu.

Quick Solution:
Photoshop the Radaint Light icon to 20% transparency on layer 1 with the background layer 2 being 100% opaque Break Rune icon and combine for the Purge Rune icon.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Rune Confusion: Pressing Purge instead of Break

Postby Musketeer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:34 pm

I've had the same problem with my level 25 characters, since the icons are identical and not in the same order on each character. I think it depends on which you picked up first, but as I never completely clear my inventory of these Icons I'm now stuck with them.

Some differentiation between the purge and break rune icons would really be appreciated, and a re-organisation of the other icons that have 1) different effects using the same icon, 2) same effects using different icons, and 3) different icon after casting (showing on self or enemy) as the icon in the character menu would also be helpful. e.g. A shadow walker enemy can have 3 identical poison icons on it, each indicating a different effect. This is confusing.
Musketeer

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions