Why do you prevent unlimited level up?

What would you like to see in future updates?

Update 1.7 - July 22, 2013- Unlimited Levels

Postby storm1971 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:16 pm

I Know this question has been brought up on many occasions but why not make max level 80? Once you reach level 30, max out guild loyalty, and finish all quest..... all your playing for then is Hero Score Ranking, Raids and might. I LOVE NUMBERS and feel like Im being cheated after a kill and not seeing exp for my character..... besides that I really enjoy your game and the players from my guild "Peaches"
storm1971

Re: Why do you prevent unlimited level up?

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:56 am

A thread spanning 15 months, whoa.

I suppose the cap is needed to force players to have to choose their abilities wisely. If the level cap were 48 or higher, all 48+ level characters would have identical ability builds within that class (and respec tokens go away). I personally would love another 2 to 5 levels to flesh out my ability choices, but 48 is too many.
NikoNarf_1

Postby EricM » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:09 pm

FT_NikoNarf wrote:A thread spanning 15 months, whoa.

I suppose the cap is needed to force players to have to choose their abilities wisely. If the level cap were 48 or higher, all 48+ level characters would have identical ability builds within that class (and respec tokens go away). I personally would love another 2 to 5 levels to flesh out my ability choices, but 48 is too many.

I personally feel, 30 is sufficient for 4 tiers of abilities. Sure, 35 would be nice, but it'd allow me to pick a bit too much of what I want. That feeling of sacrificing certain abilities for others is one of the things I do enjoy about the cap. Once its increased to 35 or 40, it might be nice to have a 5th tier of abilities or potentially have the original 4 tiers go up to a 4th level or some such.
EricM

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:30 am

I doubt it would be difficult to simply say that Levels above 30 would have no extra ability points. It would be nice to have more levels simply to gain more health, a slight increase in stats, extra energy or whatever. A new tier (or expanded existing ones) would be great.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:40 am

I expect that levels will open up, along with higher tier items, when Venan releases a new area and possibly new valor.
Currently, a maxed toon has no real challenge in the game other than how fast you can burn through a VG or Karnak...so giving more power to toons should happen after giving them more challenge.
Possessed_Mithrid

Previous

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions