Auto Rank When Returning to the Guild

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Auto Rank When Returning to the Guild

Postby doodllz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:06 am

I second the mucky duck idea -it makes sense -it also provides secure knowledge to the guild that a member is only out mercing and not left or booted out -as seeing so and so has left in guild news can be demoralising for some team members.
doodllz

Postby TureTerror » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:01 am

Totally agree!
There must be a way, and this is not difficult programming, to allow each player to have a Home Guild, and a Visiting Guild. When you are out mercing, you just visit a guild (instead of leaving your old guild and joining a new), which then becomes the 'active' guild, with benefits and stuff. And as written earlier - when the visit/merc is over, you just go home and everything becomes as wheb you left. A bonus benefit would also be that you dont have to 'search' for your home guild everytime...

It's like mobile telephony - you visit a foreign network while out traveling, but always keeping the home network information to be used when you come home.
TureTerror

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am

How it could work...
In the options menu, have an option for "retain rank". When this option is on, the next time the character leaves a guild with a rank of member, veteran, or officer (GMs can't leave), this rank will be remembered. The character may enter other guilds, but cannot be promoted past recruit in any other guild. So long as the home guild has space (less than 60 chars), the character can return with remembered rank, even if the might requirement has been raised or auto-accept is off. This benefit is not conferred on recruits (otherwise the GM could not control who gets the privilege of being able to return automatically).

This also allows officers to boot people from the guild while making it easy for the char to return. (To discharge a member, demote to recruit, then boot.)
NikoNarf_1

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:49 am

Just drawing attention to this thread since a new one just popped up.
NikoNarf_1

Postby AmyLoo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:50 pm

I agree completely a way to auto reinstate ranks would make the BoH life of a GM so much easier. I came to forums specifically to suggest this, I'm not a bit surprised to see its been suggested and seconded several times. It seems to me theres several ways this could be accomplished with little difficulty.
AmyLoo

Postby doodllz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:52 am

Even the reinstating rank in options is a simpler and effective idea. This would save a lot of time for GM's -as it's quite tedious having to re-rank members/veterans/officers back. This would encourage guild loyalty and also make members feel secure in the guild should they be kicked out of a guild temporarily for pending raids to be saved (if/when necessary).

Maybe have a temporarily kick from guild option when you click the remove player from guild section...they would be reinstated back automatically when the guild has completed the raid and there's space for them to return?
doodllz

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Related to the rank promotion thing, it is INCREDIBLY tedious and annoying to have to find a name and promote someone from recruit to member to veteran to officer any time they leave and come back. That is 3 different taps after 3 refreshes of the member list, after scrolling through pages of members 3 times to see where they are hiding this time in the unorganized member list.

Please give us the option to promote someone 3 times all at once without refreshing the member list every time. Sometimes we have lots of people to promote all at once (after half the guild leaves to bail out another guild's raid) and this takes FOREVER to do because the list keeps refreshing and taking us back to the first page of the list. Also, after promoting one player, don't refresh the list again until leaving the page or hitting the Previous or Next buttons. This will allow us to promote multiple players all in one screen without the same problems mentioned above.

And lastly, when we need to boot players, don't do a refresh of the member list after every boot either. Let us clear out multiple players quickly without all the hassle of constant refreshes. Just drop them off the list and be done with it.

Thanks.
Last edited by Doctor_Love_Money_Shot on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

Postby doodllz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:35 am

Doctor_Love wrote:Related to the rank promotion thing, it is INCREDIBLY tedious and annoying to have to find a name and promote someone from recruit to member to veteran to officer any time they leave and come back. That is 3 different taps after 3 refreshes of the member list, after scrolling through pages of members 3 times to see where they are hiding this time in the unorganized member list.

Please give us the option to promote someone 3 times all at once without refreshing the member list every time. Sometimes we have lots of people to promote all at once (after half the guild leaves to bail out another guild's raid) and this takes FOREVER to do because the list keeps refreshing and taking us back to the first page of the list. Also, after promoting one player, don't refresh the list again until leaving the page or hitting the Previous or Next buttons. This will allow us to promote multiple players all in one screen without the same problems mentioned above.

And lastly, when we need to boot players, don't do a refresh of the member list after ever boot either. Let us clear out multiple players quickly without all the hassle of constant refreshes. Just dorp them off the list and be done with it.

Thanks.

You've taken the words right out of my mind -I certainly second this.
doodllz

Tip: Prevent Roster Refresh or Easier Promoting/ Booting

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Oda_Jetras wrote:As a merc, and an Officer, having my GM bestowing my rank when I return is quite a hassle since the Roster refreshes with evey promotion.

Tip: sort members by Might (instead of Standard or Online Time) to prevent Roster Refresh when promoting

Tried booting two of my characters, the list does refresh, but only the list below the booted character.

Additional Terms: Promote, Boot, Booting
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Previous

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions