PvP: Guild Party or time based Dueling system- ARCHIVED

Share your PvP strategies, tips, and builds with your fellow gladiators.

PvP: Guild Party or time based Dueling system- ARCHIVED

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:24 am

Subject
PvP- Guild Party or time based Dueling system

Archived for Research
(Archive80t)
or
(80Archive)

DRAFT
DRAFT
DRAFT

Overview
Guild PvP Party is a time based Dueling system,
Guilds, Alliances, and Coalitions with similar Might can Duel in PvP,
Digital clocks are a good sync method,
PvP Currency can improve Guild’s Raid performance vs. Raid Bosses.

Body
Guild PvP Party is a time based Dueling system before Venan adds an official Dueling system, similar to Guild hopping Mercs before Venan added Guild Loyalty and Raid Finder.

CJ_the_Girl_DWR (my wife) and I, often try to get matched up together in PvP (so far I am 0-20-0). If your Guild can all get together at the same time in PvP, and you all have Might within 5% to 10% of each other, you have a good chance of fighting each other.

Example:
12,920 and 14,280 (5% of 13,600) Might
12,240 and 14,960 (10% of 13,600) Might

Coalition or Alliance
The more the merrier, get as many friendly Guilds in PvP at the same time as you can.

Timing the Bout
The closer to simultaneously you hit the button, and the more people, the more likely you will get matched with someone in your group. You can try different ways of timing: the start of the next song on a Radio Station, Raid notification for “Attack at Dawn”, an officer saying “PvP now!” in Guild chat, etc. The most reliable is simply synchronizing your watches. 30 minutes before the Guild PvP Party (to reduce variation due to quartz crystals), everyone goes to the same site with a time function (Note 1) and sets their digital clock to that common reference. In Guild chat you can then say “PvP at 13:04:00” and everyone will press their buttons at the same time.

For tips on adjusting your Might Rating, so the whole group is closer to the same number, see Note 2.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
Even if you lose in PvP, you get PvP Currency. PvP Currency can be used to buy 1H Weapons and Augment Gems. Weapons and Gems make you better in PvP and PvE. PvP Gear, Gems, Enchants and Specs work very well against Raid Bosses.

But someone Wins a PvP bout, and the winner usually gets more PvP Currency. If the players winning are your Guildmates, Coalition members or Allied Guildmates, the extra PvP Currency from a Win is going to improve your Raids in PvE (especially in Karnak Raid). A classical “Win-Win” situation.

Note 1)
Example of a site with a time function:

UTC time with Java
http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?UTC/s/0/java
Or
UTC time without Java
http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?UTC/s/0

Note 2)
PvP: Completing Feats or Balancing Combat Effectiveness per Might Rating
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=19816#p19816

DRAFT
DRAFT
DRAFT
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: PvP: Guild Party or Members PvP at the same time

Postby J_DubZ » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:41 am

Sounds like a good system for farming PvP tokens.. point of PvP I thought was to pit your skills against everyone better or worse not people the same level and stats as you.. and if its your friend what's to stop one person from taking turns winning to get free PvP tokens...
Bad idea
J_DubZ

Return to PvP Strategy