PvP Tomes- Whatever or Dodge & Crit

Share your PvP strategies, tips, and builds with your fellow gladiators.

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:53 am

Subject

Posted from my iPod

Q: Do Tomes really matter?

Short Answer: No

Longer Answer: Full Tomes gives you an advantage in PvP, but that advantage has been severely blunted by Mojo & Last Stand.

The most useful Tomes are Dodge & Crit due to stat curves (both are affected by opponent level).

The least useful Tomes are Crit Power & Haste since they have very weird curves. Plus Crit Power useless without a Crit (successful Dodge or Block cancels attack's Crit roll).

My SW maxed Dodge & Crit, so I am maxing Magic Resist due to Icy Spike Armor & Burn stacks.
Bj_Knows

Re: PvP Tomes- Whatever or Dodge & Crit

Postby Bbbb » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:59 am

I'm okay with your answer if you qualify it to mid/late game players.

However, tomes matter a lot in PvP for early game players. In their case, Haste is very valuable as they are on the early part of the stat curve.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:56 pm

Short answer is yes. Level up all your tomes equally early on, as it helps both might and avoids over-investing in one area and under-investing in another. When they all get to about 500 per level, it's probably worth picking one to max out. Later on the small differing bonuses from HT won't make that much difference for a high might toon, which is why you can do one to max at a time.

Haste can be easily gained with gems until much higher mights. Don't put too many HT into haste as its not that necessary.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:57 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:Level up all your tomes equally early on

I know you know this but just being explicit for beginners. The exception to this strategy is if you are a Mage or an Inquistor. Then completely ignore Melee unless you just need to make the might for a certain raid and willing to throw away some HTs to get there.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:Level up all your tomes equally early on

I know you know this but just being explicit for beginners. The exception to this strategy is if you are a Mage or an Inquistor. Then completely ignore Melee unless you just need to make the might for a certain raid and willing to throw away some HTs to get there.

True, forgot to mention that :)
Illy_the_Red

Postby Kenner » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:33 pm

As for pvp the order doesnt matter much. If i train haste first i need less haste gems so i can put a crit/Dodge there. Also training Magic tome gives more space for health. In the end having everything maxed Will give An advantage imo even with the high lvl Gear and gems. Imagine losing 2/3% on crit/Dodge and about 3k HP in pvp. I might Just be the difference between winning and losing
Kenner

Return to PvP Strategy