Give a chance to defend seismic slash

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Give a chance to defend seismic slash

Postby Kenner » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:38 pm

Hello,

With the current prestige skills any skilled justicar will be able to land a seismic within 0.1 sec after defend with no exception. For this is needed a brutal strike which must be defended in order to not take 0.39/0.42 sec Knockback (this will also leave you open for seismic). And then depending on the remaining defend timer one can use provoke/seismic, radiant/seismic or wound/seismic or just a regular seismic. One of these option will ALWAYS land after defend. To give people a chance to defend it I have several suggestions.

1. Provoke cannot be used in the first second of combat and gets its cooldown increased to 2*base (= equal to cleave i.e) (this skill also should stop triggering backswings btw)

2. Defend will not put safeguard into cooldown meaning the seismic can be safeguarded if this skill is chosen. Safeguard will still put defend on cooldown to prevent defend/safeguard/defend combos.

3. Remove provoke altogether (rather not as it nerfs justis while a simple tweak as suggestion 1 fixes most of the problems)

4. Remove Knockback from brutal so an undefended brutal doesnt set you up for seismic. ( very bad option as justis will be nerfed too badly)

5. Decrease Knockback from seismic by 50% so a seismic hit isnt able to set up for 2 free brutal strikes (also bad option for the same reasons as suggestion 4)
Kenner

Re: Give a chance to defend seismic slash

Postby _Raiden » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:42 pm

If any of your suggestions actaully gets done, it will be as good as telling me to just kill my justi. Haha
Bad enough we have the worst hit rate in the game .
_Raiden

Postby Kenner » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:10 am

_Raiden wrote:If any of your suggestions actaully gets done, it will be as good as telling me to just kill my justi. Haha
Bad enough we have the worst hit rate in the game .

The first suggestion is a fair one in my eyes, you justis actually did very well without provoke before the prestige abilities.
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:49 pm

They won't always land. High dodge (every Mage seems to dodge just as much as the other classes) will help there. I don't like the new abilities like provoke as I think they spoil pvp overall, but you can't expect to defend everything. My non-Mage toons would quite like to be able to defend two Mage attacks in a row too, and also avoid their status effects that are always checked against SR even when spell dodged. Or perhaps make dodging spells just like regular dodges, since even a 'dodged' spell hits and applies debuffs? Or perhaps remove the ability that does damage to the other toon every single time an ability (even non-damaging) is used? Point is, you could make a post complaining about any combo of moves from any class. What's needed is a general overhaul of pvp, not constant tweaks that always end up favouring one class or another.

Seismic Slash is dodged half the time anyway, that's been highlighted many times.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Kenner » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:They won't always land. High dodge (every Mage seems to dodge just as much as the other classes) will help there. I don't like the new abilities like provoke as I think they spoil pvp overall, but you can't expect to defend everything. My non-Mage toons would quite like to be able to defend two Mage attacks in a row too, and also avoid their status effects that are always checked against SR even when spell dodged. Or perhaps make dodging spells just like regular dodges, since even a 'dodged' spell hits and applies debuffs? Or perhaps remove the ability that does damage to the other toon every single time an ability (even non-damaging) is used? Point is, you could make a post complaining about any combo of moves from any class. What's needed is a general overhaul of pvp, not constant tweaks that always end up favouring one class or another.

Seismic Slash is dodged half the time anyway, that's been highlighted many times.

Since the t20s i dodge about 15% of the seismics with my 35% Dodge. And i dont mean to always be able to defend a seismic, pre-prestige justis were also sometimes able te land it nicely after a defend. The thing with provoke is that now they can make sure to land it after defend 100% of the time regardless of how the opponent plays it feels hugely unfair since the Knockback is huge. And dont tell us to take Knockback Resist cause without stat Resist and defend you die even easier.
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Without actual data we don't know how much we dodge or don't. There is a lot of observational bias involved (as well as good old fashioned actual bias) in pvp. A lot of classes were affected by these new abilities. Any 1H class for example that relies on debuffs is now largely nixed with Mojo. No case really for seismic or defend to be changed but I think these new abilities should be drastically changed or completely removed from pvp.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:26 pm

_Raiden wrote:Bad enough we have the worst hit rate in the game .

Backswing. Poor Fire Wardens don't even have that.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Bbbb wrote:
_Raiden wrote:Bad enough we have the worst hit rate in the game .

Backswing. Poor Fire Wardens don't even have that.

I'd trade Riposte for Backswing any day on FW. What good is Riposte if your dodge isn't buffed by any of your abilities? Even with that, my high might SW doesn't exactly dodge everything in the match.

Failing that I'd take Urgency ;)
Illy_the_Red

Return to PvP Discussion