PvP, End of a revolution

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

PvP, End of a revolution

Postby Bj_DWR » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Subject
PvP, End of a revolution

MY PERSONAL OPINION
Inquisitors are over powered.

Venan has to increase damage tick from 0.5s to 1.0s OR reduce damage per tick for Inquisitor periodic damage.

Increasing damage tick from 0.5s to 1.0s makes it easier to play since other classes have 1.0s damage ticks for periodic damage.

But the periodic damage tick at 0.5s revolutionized PvP tactics when fighting an Inquisitor or against one. I have suggested before a revamp of damage ticks (search BoH forum). While the 0.5s tick is different from my idea, it is a wonderful interpretation of periodic damage ticks especially at Level 40 (characters in PvP & monsters in PvM) where 1.0s is a lifetime against characters with Haste 40%+ .

When the update takes away the periodic damage tick at 0.5s, I will hold an New Orleans style wake for one of the truly innovative changes to high level BoH.

(Raising a glass) 0.5s damage tick, you will be missed (taking a shot)
Bj_DWR

Re: PvP, End of a revolution

Postby CheMClarc » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:07 am

Inquisitor's abilities will go back to the normal tick rate that other classes have in the next update.

There is a post in the Inquisitor's dev blog thread stating this. We apologize for the inconvenience at this time.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Mr_Op » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:22 am

CheMClarc wrote:Inquisitor's abilities will go back to the normal tick rate that other classes have in the next update.

There is a post in the Inquisitor's dev blog thread stating this. We apologize for the inconvenience at this time.

Everything will be fixed in the update, but when is the update?
Mr_Op

Postby CheMClarc » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:28 am

Should be this week. :shock:

Look for an official announcement on here and in game for down time.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:27 am

CheMClarc wrote:Inquisitor's abilities will go back to the normal tick rate that other classes have in the next update.

Surely the problem will remain the same if the overall damage % is the same? It just means each tick will do more damage if it stays at 400%.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:15 am

Is the poison cloud from virulent slash meant to be a different poison cloud from the one cast by poison cloud? I have gotten two separate poison clouds plus an acid spray and a spirit poison all going against an opponent! Not for long, mind you.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Jawarhello » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:58 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:

Surely the problem will remain the same if the overall damage % is the same? It just means each tick will do more damage if it stays at 400%.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought that it was only doing 400% because it was ticking twice as fast. So reducing the tick rate should reduce the overall damage too
Jawarhello

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:23 pm

Jawarhello wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought that it was only doing 400% because it was ticking twice as fast. So reducing the tick rate should reduce the overall damage too

When it was tested it was shown it was doing 400% rather than what was stated in the description. The ticks were making that even worse. The lack of real discussion from the devs on the issue didn't help. Nobody's ever come out and said 'it should be x damage and should tick x times'.

I don't think they ever clarified whether more ticks or more damage was the overall intention. Based on the responses I don't think it was either, nor was it 'balanced for high might pvp' as they are changing it already.
Illy_the_Red

Return to PvP Discussion