What does it mean to be "overpowered"? Backswing.

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Re: What does it mean to be "overpowered"? Backswing.

Postby Omnipotent » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:50 am

DiMoSauR wrote:Allready have,obviously u don't read them,think wasted enough time ,u2 have a good day

Dimo, you've made no argument whatsoever. You called someone else a noob and then complained about the money you invested and the time it took in pve to acquire your materials.

I see nothing of an argument except you play a justicar and it was more difficult to acquire your materials so you call people newbs who want an unbalanced ability corrected that would reduce your chance of victory.

That's possibly the weakest argument you could make. Surely, you can do better than that.
Omnipotent

Postby Omnipotent » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:48 am

DiMoSauR wrote:Allready have,and so have felliw players ,broke the numbets down to a T ,obviously u don't read them,think wasted enough time ,u2 have a good day

If you're referring to svako's mathematics, it's illogical.

Justi's always have a static % to backswing any dodge. It becomes more potent the MORE an opponent dodges. It does too much damage to high dodge characters.

The damage should be 100% weapon damage with no crit and a 20% chance of proc per skill point spent in Backswing. If I'm defending when I dodge, the damage should be halved if backswing procs.

Can you explain what is unfair about this?

I have a character with 85% dodge, so vs Justi's he should dominate but he doesn't because backswing outperforms ability damage.

The changes I suggest are viable for balance purposes.
Omnipotent

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:37 am

Omnipotent wrote:
DiMoSauR wrote:Allready have,and so have felliw players ,broke the numbets down to a T ,obviously u don't read them,think wasted enough time ,u2 have a good day

If you're referring to svako's mathematics, it's illogical.

Justi's always have a static % to backswing any dodge. It becomes more potent the MORE an opponent dodges. It does too much damage to high dodge characters.

The damage should be 100% weapon damage with no crit and a 20% chance of proc per skill point spent in Backswing. If I'm defending when I dodge, the damage should be halved if backswing procs.

Can you explain what is unfair about this?

I have a character with 85% dodge, so vs Justi's he should dominate but he doesn't because backswing outperforms ability damage.

The changes I suggest are viable for balance purposes.

All people want is the ability to work properly. The way backswing damage is calculated has been wrong for a long time and was pointed out to the devs a long, long time ago. It's an important ability for Justicars, but at the minute it can crit for more damage than a Brutal, which isn't right.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Phunbaba » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:01 pm

Well I agree with Omni that 60% proc rate would be fair. Though if I understand him right then he also thinks defend doesn't reduce BS's damage. Which it does.

Demo, if you're just going to tell someone they seem new and need to learn how to read you should refrain from saying it. It's off topic and rude.
Phunbaba

Postby DiMoSauR » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Phunbaba wrote:Well I agree with Omni that 60% proc rate would be fair. Though if I understand him right then he also thinks defend doesn't reduce BS's damage. Which it does.

Demo, if you're just going to tell someone they seem new and need to learn how to read you should refrain from saying it. It's off topic and rude.

Since I don't know u and this topic was revolved a month or so ago with the person I had my indeferenes,I would like to see u in PVP chat have a match or 2 then we will share replays and we will talk,u seem that u have joined this game 2 years before me,I would love to a nice chat with a vet ,cu there
DiMoSauR

Issue with backswing

Postby WPWW » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:06 pm

I find most classes to be more or less balanced, but justicars are quite frankly overpowered. Backswing hits too hard, too often, and makes dodge a liability instead of a strength. As a dodgy SW, I find it impossible to beat a 2h justicar of similar might. Each dodge can do over 4k damage to me. Add juggernaut, and the delays, and I basically twiddle my thumbs with nothing to do but a quick death. I also notice that justicars make up the majority of top ranked players, which supports my complaint. Please address this issue so that justicars are more balanced. Finally, a skill that punishes you for dodging is just plain foolish.
WPWW

Re: Issue with backswing

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:19 am

This has been brought up every now and then over the years and has never been fixed. Eric alerted Venan years ago (not that they listened to him), that the way damage is calculated for backswing is actually incorrect, which is why it hits so hard, often harder than the original move.

Now, with Mojo (a truly OP ability) you can remove all debuffs instantly. It's not even a one-use ability which might balance it somewhat. Combine that with Provoke which is used to trigger endless backswings and there's no prizes for guessing which class is considered most broken these days in PvP.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Jumper » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:02 am

Illy_the_Red wrote: there's no prizes for guessing which class is considered most broken these days in PvP.

The melee mage equipped with snap punch.
Jumper

Postby Just_John » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:19 am

Jumper wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote: there's no prizes for guessing which class is considered most broken these days in PvP.

The melee mage equipped with snap punch.

I've heard that if you lose to a mages snap punch you have to delete your toon! :lol:
Just_John

Swapping back

Postby WPWW » Tue May 02, 2017 9:39 pm

Can anyone tell me if the devs even read the forums? I find I am growing less and less interested in playing if they refuse to fix an obvious problem.
WPWW

PreviousNext

Return to PvP Discussion