ridiculous

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

ridiculous

Postby Dead_Can_Dance » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:12 pm

It seems that dodge is game changing ability in pvp. Its random, can win or lose game without even to require skills or gear. Just to many fights are decided by this ability.
I was thinkig that maybe decrease dodge chance in pvp will be better for the game. If there is lower chace of dodge will be higher factor the gear and rotation.
Dead_Can_Dance

Re: ridiculous

Postby Errör_Phåse404 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:35 pm

Use a magic build. Or just make a Mage. Problem solved.
Errör_Phåse404

Postby _ACID_ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Melee shouldn't suffer from this though
_ACID_

Postby DreamingDæmon » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:26 pm

It's not so much that Dodge is OP, simply reducing the % won't fix it. Dodge is massively useless when facing magic attacks, as you still take 50% damage and have to separately resist statuses (as implied by Phase, above).
The entire Dodge mechanic needs a rework, as it's hugely unbalanced at the moment (which would also go a long way to addressing the rock->scissors->paper issue...)
DreamingDæmon

Postby Errör_Phåse404 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:01 pm

_ACID_ wrote:Melee shouldn't suffer from this though

I completely agree. They should implement a new factor in relation to dodging an attack.

Have "miss" which means no damage at all and "dodge" which does half damage for both physical or magical attacks.

Spell dodge puts those that chose to play a physical build at a disadvantage against magic builds from the start.
Errör_Phåse404

Postby DiMoSauR » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:57 am

Phåse404 wrote:Use a magic build. Or just make a Mage. Problem solved.

Only magic attack that DOESN'T miss is smite, everything else Spell Dodge :-( even though still some damage or buff is applied ....weird right?!!
DiMoSauR

Postby Vexis_Larseker » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:44 am

Agreed, the dodge mechanic needs to be reworked for pvp. While they're at it, they should separate the pve and pvp skills so that true balance could be attempted in each area without unduly affecting the other.

Any chance this is in the development roadmap Venan? And weren't we promised a development roadmap?
Vexis_Larseker

Postby svako » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:46 am

Not to mention that once T20 gear and T8 gems will be released, everyone will have dodge 35%+...

Roadmap is simple:
step 1.: WM is too strong vs SW so they will buff SW next
step 2.: SW is too strong vs WM, so they will buff WM more
step 3.: JC is powerless vs anyone, so they will ignore this fact

Mark my words, this will happen... I hope I'm wrong :)

Yes, I'm having huge loosing streak and I'm sad... not angry, just sad :( Lost too many fights is row cause of dodged seismic vs WMs...
svako

Postby Gary_ » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:22 am

Just make sure you complain when you win also. :D
Gary_

Postby svako » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:01 am

Did few times :)

I hate complaining in general, thats why I said that it was big loosing streak that inspired my words :) I love pvp, just had to get the frustration off of me :)

But... winning or loosing, it doesn't matter, this problem is real. Since we don't have slow, we are dependant on knockback. We also don't have any mechanism to lower enemy dodge(we have backswing ofc, but this doesn't compensate for lost knockback effect from seismic).

Easy solution:
example 1. make seismic more accurate: 50% dodge reduction on seismic attacks
example 2. dodged seismic = no damage, but half knockback(when spell dodge can apply slow, seismic could apply at least some knockback)

SWs and WMs have one knockback and one slow. JCs have two knockbacks, one from brutal(equals to one from shadow or frozen) and one from seismic, which is here to compensate the lack of slow. At least thats how i see it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to admit that seismic is not ok the way it is now(no matter if I'm winning or loosing).
svako

Next

Return to PvP Discussion