RNG- PvP

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Re: RNG- PvP

Postby _ACID_ » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:13 pm

Remove the 50% (+/-5%) win ratio that holds you back. I'd rather lose to someone with better gear and who outplay me than win that fight, and likewise If I beat someone lower mighted or whatever. Luck shouldn't exist, nor ELO or RNG. It should be left to the gamers only. Won't happen though
_ACID_

Postby Jumper » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:15 pm

_ACID_ wrote:Remove the 50% (+/-5%) win ratio that holds you back. I'd rather lose to someone with better gear and who outplay me than win that fight, and likewise If I beat someone lower mighted or whatever. Luck shouldn't exist, nor ELO or RNG. It should be left to the gamers only. Won't happen though

I'm not exactly sure how you figure they are "making" the win rate 50%. It is simply a consequence of how ranking systems work. There is no ELO making you lose!
Jumper

Postby DjCleric » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Jumper wrote: There is no ELO making you lose!

Really Jump?? ELO FORBIDS me to win against you! I've only won you once out of the so many matches we had! :(
DjCleric

Postby All_about_booty » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:20 pm

So what's the solution?
All_about_booty

Postby All_about_booty » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Enchants and stats like resist and dodge are literally %...how can that be changed.
All_about_booty

Postby Ceka » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:25 pm

DiMoSauR wrote:
Ceka wrote:Phiron. Proud u write that. Perfectly agree with you.

With all the luck u been havin Ceka,have u won the lotto yet?!!!!

Always the same thing, Dimo...
Ceka

Postby Jumper » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:20 pm

DjCleric wrote:
Jumper wrote: There is no ELO making you lose!

Really Jump?? ELO FORBIDS me to win against you! I've only won you once out of the so many matches we had! :(

hahaha That's just my awesomeness...lol
Jumper

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Phiron wrote:Enchants and stats like resist and dodge are literally %...how can that be changed.

Same way Initiative Enchant works. The character with the higher Initiative always goes first, the character with the lower Initiative never goes first.

The character with the higher Dodge always Dodges/ Spell Dodges, and the character with the lower Dodge never Dodges/ Spell Dodges. Same for Critical Hits (Crit Rating), Status Resist, Knockback Resist, Crit Resist.

Fights would be faster and characters could specialize. Don't like Justicar's Knockback, get all Rank 9 Knockback Resist. Don't like Shadow Walker's Piercing Strike, get all Rank 9 Crit Resist. Don't like War Mage's Icy Grasp, get all Rank 9 Status Resist.

Defend would temporarily increase your Ranks in Knockback Resist, Block, Dodge, and Status Resist.
Bj_Knows

Postby _ACID_ » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Jumper wrote:
_ACID_ wrote:Remove the 50% (+/-5%) win ratio that holds you back. I'd rather lose to someone with better gear and who outplay me than win that fight, and likewise If I beat someone lower mighted or whatever. Luck shouldn't exist, nor ELO or RNG. It should be left to the gamers only. Won't happen though

I'm not exactly sure how you figure they are "making" the win rate 50%. It is simply a consequence of how ranking systems work. There is no ELO making you lose!

Beeks admitted it in pvp chat, I have a screenshot of it... When I can get to a pc or laptop I'll upload it here and show you
_ACID_

Postby EricM » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:25 pm

There's no way to force wins to be 50%... jump is right... it's just a side effect of ELO.

I have a 79% win rate... if they're forcing 50%... it is failing on me...
EricM

PreviousNext

Return to PvP Discussion