RNG- PvP

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

RNG- PvP

Postby All_about_booty » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:54 am

I don't understand why people don't like rng. It provides a chance based on your build choices. ..allows smaller toons to have a lucky win against bigger toons....it makes the game more random.

When I see people complain about RNG in pvp chat...I have asked "what would be better?"

Never had an answer. Anyone care to have an opinion. ..
All_about_booty

Re: RNG

Postby Famous_Fella_O_Nutella » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:05 am

People want whatever will let them win lol.
Famous_Fella_O_Nutella

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:42 am

A lot of people would like to see fewer matches where the outcome is heavily based on dice rolls. It may sound great to be able to theoretically beat anyone, but that still requires huge slices of luck. It happens a lot - you play a great match but the other player gets all the resists and still wins...or the other way, you're fighting someone that ordinarily you would never win against, but the rng comes out so heavily in your favour, you win and it's obvious you were very lucky.

What's gained in random lucky matches isn't worth the constant fluctuations (IMO). At higher levels, higher enchants make the rng less likely to have an impact, but you have to go very high to see that. There are 12 other leagues that PvP covers.
Illy_the_Red

Postby DiMoSauR » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:53 am

Dear Phiron,
Hundreds and hundreds complain about it every minute of the day,and based on replays we see,they're right. So they're all wrong and you're right? Since when u became so OP?? Even the fights we had together,u dodged like a Sw and u beat me if I'm correct, oh and I'm few K might more than u and all my enchants are pvp based
DiMoSauR

Postby AmyLoo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:01 am

DiMoSauR wrote:Dear Phiron,
Hundreds and hundreds complain about it every minute of the day,and based on replays we see,they're right. So they're all wrong and you're right? Since when u became so OP?? Even the fights we had together,u dodged like a Sw and u beat me if I'm correct, oh and I'm few K might more than u and all my enchants are pvp based

First off, love you Dimo!

Second, where exactly did he say he's right and everyone else is wrong? He asked what would be better.

I whine about the RNG too and when it's massive (one person gets every resist, every crit, while opponent suddenly seems to be wielding a toilet brush) it does stink. But I totally agree it's a necessary part of PvP. Otherwise A would always beat B, B would always beat C, etc etc and it would become horribly predictable and boring. I just wish it wasn't so big a part of PvP.
AmyLoo

Postby EricM » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:45 am

Ames wrote:Otherwise A would always beat B and it would become horribly predictable and boring.

#Puraoproblems
EricM

Postby AmyLoo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:51 am

EricM wrote:
Ames wrote:Otherwise A would always beat B and it would become horribly predictable and boring.

#Puraoproblems

Bahahahahaha
AmyLoo

Re: RNG- PvP

Postby Ceka » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:44 am

Phiron. Proud u write that. Perfectly agree with you.
Ceka

Postby DiMoSauR » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:08 pm

Ames wrote:
DiMoSauR wrote:Dear Phiron,

First off, love you Dimo!

Second, where exactly did he say he's right and everyone else is wrong? He asked what would be better.

I whine about the RNG too and when it's massive (one person gets every resist, every crit, while opponent suddenly seems to be wielding a toilet brush) it does stink. But I totally agree it's a necessary part of PvP. Otherwise A would always beat B, B would always beat C, etc etc and it would become horribly predictable and boring. I just wish it wasn't so big a part of PvP.

First of all Ames, love u to girl ;-)
2nd ty for the corrections there..I read it wrong, and got the wrong way the chat :-( What can I say..I'm gettin old :-(
And I'll aggree with gettin the rnG thingy to much,
1way of possible fixing it, is to get luck enchants to work for PVP... Can't think of anything else lol,well.... To get the numbers of rates to work correctly,then everything would be great, EG last night and I posted the fight, with Simon ( WM) arcane shield proc 5times, vengeance 2the whole match...
These are the details that unfortunately make us ungry( among many others ,like riposte,speed buff, sw every hit crit, JC....can't think of anything that makes us lucky ) :-( they're simple things that I'm sure can get fixed on next update and I really wish they do.
DiMoSauR

Re: RNG- PvP

Postby DiMoSauR » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:14 pm

Ceka wrote:Phiron. Proud u write that. Perfectly agree with you.

With all the luck u been havin Ceka,have u won the lotto yet?!!!!
DiMoSauR

Next

Return to PvP Discussion