Mega Topic: PvP Rating, Decay & Masters Feat

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Re: Rating hugging

Postby DreamingDæmon » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:14 am

Yep, keeps getting requested, no response seen yet :-(

I'm all for simple solutions. If you don't play your 5 matches / day to open your box, you lose 2% Rating (or something. Maybe vary it based on what League you're in) - a % of your current rating so high-rated players have a much greater incentive to stay active rather than squatting, but casuals and low-rated aren't crucified if they don't play for a few days.
DreamingDæmon

Postby Mr_Op » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:37 am

Something needs to happen it is very frustrating knowing that i have a smaller chance to reach top 5 because the huggers... They get to high 2800's and 2900's and just stop i suppose to get a spot on season 2 leaderboard,... And then there happens to be a few peopl in top 25 who either dont pvp anymore or havent been on for weeks
Mr_Op

Postby Capricorn_Rainbucket » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:14 am

The title of this thread is very misleading I thought you supposed to rate a hug you received ahah! >,<
Capricorn_Rainbucket

Postby EricM » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:23 am

Kwennie_Mew_Mew wrote:The title of this thread is very misleading I thought you supposed to rate a hug you received ahah! >,<

Only you kwen. Only you.
EricM

Postby Capricorn_Rainbucket » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:01 am

Lol!! 10/10 would hug Ericm!! ;p
Capricorn_Rainbucket

Postby Sir_TâpsØlòt » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:32 am

Like the old saying goes. If you don't use it, you lose it.
Sir_TâpsØlòt

Re: Mega Topic: PvP Rating, Decay & Masters Feat

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 am

I would like to suggest that they change match outcomes to this: loser gets +1 rating, winner gets normal rating boost. (I think the boost for big dogs squashing little dogs is too high but I won't argue that here).

So rather than always going down, losers get a little something for their efforts. Too many pvpers give up because it's just too unfair to be walloped by stronger toons *and* then have to lose a ton of points on top of that!

I think it would encourage players to PvP more than they currently do, which would be a positive thing... right?

Also, a psychological thing to encourage pvping would be to have the rewards (marks, etc.) show up as drops like they do with pve battle. Players love to grab those bags and if there were random drops like the occasional gs, silver, valor or extra marks or medals, so much the better!
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Dэяраliсюцs wrote:I would like to suggest that they change match outcomes to this: loser gets +1 rating, winner gets normal rating boost. (I think the boost for big dogs squashing little dogs is too high but I won't argue that here).

So rather than always going down, losers get a little something for their efforts. Too many pvpers give up because it's just too unfair to be walloped by stronger toons *and* then have to lose a ton of points on top of that!

I think it would encourage players to PvP more than they currently do, which would be a positive thing... right?

Also, a psychological thing to encourage pvping would be to have the rewards (marks, etc.) show up as drops like they do with pve battle. Players love to grab those bags and if there were random drops like the occasional gs, silver, valor or extra marks or medals, so much the better!

Great ideas! Tbh it's a small shard of comfort that you get equal marks for losing, both of these might get people pvping again.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Mr_Op » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:48 pm

a system that would do on a scale of minus 0-5 and plus 1-15 I feel would do best i.e. player one with 2800 rating loses to player 2 with 1900 player one loses 5 points as opposed to 32. I think personally this would make me want to play more because I could do my 10 matches and only be down 50 points at the most as opposed to like 300.
Mr_Op

Previous

Return to PvP Discussion