Suggestion for PvP Challenge

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Suggestion for PvP Challenge

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:20 am

Have players face off one-on-one in a pvp setting against the various bosses in the game but at the toon's level. So your level 20 Justicar would fight against a level 20 Plaguerider Skar but with no health potions or any other pve advantages! Next up: level 20 Lockbolt.

They could face off against all of the game bosses, including the hidden random encounter bosses and maybe even the holiday bosses.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Re: Suggestion for PvP Challenge

Postby Bimbosigliere » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:46 am

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Rhimmy » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Bimbosigliere wrote:It's not PvP then, is it?

Would that be PVEDB?
Rhimmy

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:53 am

Bimbosigliere wrote:It's not PvP then, is it?

Coliseum Challenge?
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:55 pm

I could see it as a holiday event where instead of the normal pvp, players faced off against Boss critters in the coliseum. The bosses would be adjusted for the might and level of the player and tweaked to fight coliseum style rather than their usual dungeon or raid versions.

I figure players would collect some kind of holiday coinage which could be used to purchase (newly created) T19 pvp gear and prestige stuff.

Wouldn't it be cool to have spectacles like in the Roman Coliseum when the gladiators fought lions and tigers and bears?

It'd be something different.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:14 pm

I think if it were a holiday event, it could go like this:

A mysterious Coliseum appears near the old castle and sends out trumpet calls. Players enter and can use energy or a separate resolve to fight (less than 3 reolsve per match would make sense otherwise participation would be limited).

A special chat channel for the event would be nice, like they do for the pirate raids, so everyone participating can talk about it and post their favorite matche, etc. without blowing up pvp chat.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:59 am

Okay, adding to the event idea how about a Glenfort Fair where players can compete in several mini games? We could do Dunk Tanks with that Spider Queen, Callisto, Devs and other vile personages to go splash. Maybe your have to do an onslaught style attack against the target, like so many hits in 1 second in order to win.

Whack-a-Vile and a Pirates ride could be in order. Then an arena challenge to fight the bosses could be part of the festival.

The rewards could be tickets to open lockboxes with various goodies like Abe had, with a chance at random gear from the other events.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby insert_name_here_ » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:40 pm

MacDerpen wrote:Have players face off one-on-one in a pvp setting against the various bosses in the game but at the toon's level. So your level 20 Justicar would fight against a level 20 Plaguerider Skar but with no health potions or any other pve advantages! Next up: level 20 Lockbolt.

They could face off against all of the game bosses, including the hidden random encounter bosses and maybe even the holiday bosses.

That's not pvp then is it that's called raiding duh!!!
insert_name_here_

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:18 pm

insert_name_here_ wrote:
MacDerpen wrote:Have players face off one-on-one in a pvp setting against the various bosses in the game but at the toon's level. So your level 20 Justicar would fight against a level 20 Plaguerider Skar but with no health potions or any other pve advantages! Next up: level 20 Lockbolt.

That's not pvp then is it that's called raiding duh!!!

I've never seen a raid in the colosseum or where you fought a boss with no guild favors, elixirs, health pots or runes and the boss died after one time.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Bimbosigliere » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:22 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Next

Return to PvP Discussion