I Quit- PvP Bad

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Re: I Quit

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Philosopher wrote:
Ilyana wrote:The 50/50 goal of the system doesn't seem to be something many people are experiencing.

I'm not so sure about that. Most of the people I've spoken with say they are right around the 50/50 win/loss ratio when they check their pvp stats. As of this post, I'm at 143 wins out of 273 matches (so 143/130). That's pretty close to the 50/50 goal the system aims for.

Don't go off of streaks and frustration to determine if the system is working well or not. Check your win/loss ratio on the stats page of the colosseum. It's likely to be pretty close to 50/50. And remember that the system cannot guarantee an exact 50/50 ratio for each and every individual player, but strives to get as close to that with ALL players, so naturally there will be some variance. I've only seen one person claim to have a 60/40 ration, while everyone else that I've spoken with says they are right at, or around, 50/50. This leads me to think that the 60/40 claim might be an exaggeration, but that's just me.

If that's true, few people have been speaking up about it. Regardless, I'm more interested in the mechanic behind rating loss/gain and what factors it takes into account.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Philosopher » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:13 pm

GabZ wrote:So if sytem wants you to loose a match so that your win/loose ratio stay at 50/50....it won't let you dodge, it won't let you resist and it will give your opponents advantage....i think thats how it works, it's all about system lmao ....just kidding :)

My understanding is that if you start getting above a 50% win ratio, the game starts pitting you against people in a higher league. If you beat them, then you move up. If you continue winning, then the system keeps sticking you with higher and higher ranked players until you get back to a 50/50 win/loss ratio, which settles you in to whatever league you've made it to.
Philosopher

Postby _MinhQuyên_ » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:32 am

I guess the system didnt do something, dont do something and will not do something
The game better if it remains only pve
So will you only pvp while waiting e regen like me?
:D
Forever Underground !!!
_MinhQuyên_

Postby apLundell » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:54 pm

Ilyana wrote:If that's true, few people have been speaking up about it. Regardless, I'm more interested in the mechanic behind rating loss/gain and what factors it takes into account.

They've said before that it's an basic Elo rating system. There are probably entire books you could read to learn about it.

Basically, if you beat someone who's ranking is higher than you, you get a huge boost.(because that's hard) But if you beat someone who's ranking is lower than you you get a small boost (because that's easy)

Same with losing. If you lose to someone higher than you, you get a small penalty, but if you lose to someone lower than you, you get a big penalty.

Those are the only factors an ELO system should be taking into account.

Over time (not much time, actually) users should drift to near their "perfect" ranking where they win 50/50 of their matches. Once you reach that point, the only way to get a better ranking is to actually get better at pvp.
apLundell

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:15 pm

apLundell wrote:
Ilyana wrote:If that's true, few people have been speaking up about it. Regardless, I'm more interested in the mechanic behind rating loss/gain and what factors it takes into account.

They've said before that it's an basic Elo rating system. There are probably entire books you could read to learn about it.

Basically, if you beat someone who's ranking is higher than you, you get a huge boost.(because that's hard) But if you beat someone who's ranking is lower than you you get a small boost (because that's easy)

Same with losing. If you lose to someone higher than you, you get a small penalty, but if you lose to someone lower than you, you get a big penalty.

Over time (not much time, actually) users should drift to near their "perfect" ranking where they win 50/50 of their matches. Once you reach that point, the only way to get a better ranking is to actually get better at pvp.

This doesn't explain the discrepancies I and many others have seen in rating gain/loss.

To elaborate, sometimes you lose more from fighting someone with rating way above you than you do fighting someone at or around your own rating.

On other occasions you lose more rating from losing to someone above you than you gain from a win at your own level.

On rarer occasions I've gained more rating from a same-league fight than I have against someone in a higher league.

These are all instances I've seen happen and also heard reported by other players. Its a simple question - why is this happening and how does it relate to Elo?
Illy_the_Red

Postby Philosopher » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Ilyana wrote:
apLundell wrote:

This doesn't explain the discrepancies I and many others have seen in rating gain/loss.

To elaborate, sometimes you lose more from fighting someone with rating way above you than you do fighting someone at or around your own rating.

On other occasions you lose more rating from losing to someone above you than you gain from a win at your own level.

On rarer occasions I've gained more rating from a same-league fight than I have against someone in a higher league.

These are all instances I've seen happen and also heard reported by other players. Its a simple question - why is this happening and how does it relate to Elo?

I think you should start keeping a log of your fights, recording the league, rank, etc. of both you and your opponent and how much rank you gain/lose for each match and then post the findings. The way I understand it, what you describe shouldn't be happening. From what I have gathered, unless I am missing something, rank gained from wins should always be more than rank taken from losses.
Philosopher

Postby apLundell » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:59 pm

From what I have gathered, unless I am missing something, rank gained from wins should always be more than rank taken from losses.

That's only true when you're playing against someone higher ranked than you, it's the opposite if you're fighting a lower ranked opponent.
apLundell

Postby Gotr » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:16 pm

when I burn thru all my gs I'm done with this bs game as well.
Gotr

Postby _Raiden » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:17 am

Skip pvp and enjoy the pve part of it.
No system is perfect.
I have been on a 14 losing run. Have friends that went 16 still we play and enjoy the game. Why get frustrated over it?
Compared to the beta pvp I think they did a great job in this pvp update.
_Raiden

Postby GabZ » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:51 pm

The frustation part is when you have more dodge gems and status resist enchants than your opponent but still he dodge and resists more than you. When you keep putting magic resist gems in your gears but still every magic user, doesnt matter what might, does the same damage with every attack.....i think thats something to get frustated on, if you are playing this game you want to enjoy every feature that this game has to offer, isnt it? Other than that this game is very well put together, its just pvp needs to get little bit more balanced.
GabZ

PreviousNext

Return to PvP Discussion