I Quit- PvP Bad

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

I Quit- PvP Bad

Postby Phelpsy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:44 pm

The # times my seismic/brutal misses due to dodge, block, whatever is rediculous. I don't even want to look at this game anymore
Phelpsy

Re: I Quit

Postby Zombie_Princess_Kenny » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Phelpsy wrote:The # times my seismic/brutal misses due to dodge, block, whatever is rediculous. I don't even want to look at this game anymore

it's kinda sad that you're rage quitting because of PvP. It's chance.
Zombie_Princess_Kenny

Postby Gotr » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:52 pm

fight me sometime. all the block and resist enchantments don't help me in the least
Gotr

Postby GabZ » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Even i am planning to quit, i lost 10 matches in a row its so frustating, pushed me back from 1909 ratings to 1726.....people who have less resist enchants than me resists more everytime, i dont dodge or even if i dodge by mistake it never riposte, i never resist anything and others dodge most of my attacks despite having less dodge gems in their gears ....even low might wm with few magic gems and enchants does 8k frozen shard dmg on me...this is not complaint, i think i am not lucky enough in pvp or something is terribly wrong with pvp. Its just getting frustating.
GabZ

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:22 am

That stuff does get frustrating. It seems to be a factor of the system that when you start getting too high in rating, you get appalling losing streaks that pushes you back to where it thinks you should be. I've seen it a lot on different toons and reported by other players. I'm not sure if the effect is just a result of how Elo works or some other factor.

Either way it hasn't been explained what is going on behind the scenes in PvP matching. I suspect it's more than just 'how Elo works' but ultimately we don't know.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Zombie_Princess_Kenny » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:57 am

Ilyana wrote:That stuff does get frustrating. It seems to be a factor of the system that when you start getting too high in rating, you get appalling losing streaks that pushes you back to where it thinks you should be. I've seen it a lot on different toons and reported by other players. I'm not sure if the effect is just a result of how Elo works or some other factor.

Either way it hasn't been explained what is going on behind the scenes in PvP matching. I suspect it's more than just 'how Elo works' but ultimately we don't know.

I've been a victim of this, right before hitting Gold II. It seems like the safest bet to make is to stay within 5k might between all the ranks, i.e, Bronze III-I is 0-5000 might, Silver III-I is 5000-10000 might, Gold III is 10k-15k might, Gold II is 15-20k might, Gold I is 20-25k might, and it would most likely be a good idea to be within 10k might after hitting platinum. Such as plat III is 25-35k might and so on.
Zombie_Princess_Kenny

Postby Philosopher » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:05 pm

Ilyana wrote:That stuff does get frustrating. It seems to be a factor of the system that when you start getting too high in rating, you get appalling losing streaks that pushes you back to where it thinks you should be. I've seen it a lot on different toons and reported by other players. I'm not sure if the effect is just a result of how Elo works or some other factor.

Actually, it has been explained, right here in this very forum in a thread on the very first page. Here's a snippet from that thread:
Bj_Knows wrote:Elo matching ... tries to give you a 50/50 change of winning a match (yes this is simplified). If you lose, you lose a little PvP Rating, but if you win, you gain more than you lose (huge gains for beating someone several League above you during first 4 PvP Matches). Skipping a lot of the technical side, eventually Elo matching finds the League you have the best chance of winning 50/50...

When you improve your character, Elo will notice you trouncing your opponents and increase your League...

In a simplified world, with perfect Elo matching, you will take 20,000 PvP Bouts to get Feat "Win 10,000 PvP Matches".
Philosopher

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:11 pm

Philosopher wrote:

Actually, it has been explained, right here in this very forum in a thread on the very first page. Here's a snippet from that thread:
Bj_Knows wrote:Elo matching ... tries to give you a 50/50 change of winning a match (yes this is simplified). If you lose, you lose a little PvP Rating, but if you win, you gain more than you lose (huge gains for beating someone several League above you during first 4 PvP Matches). Skipping a lot of the technical side, eventually Elo matching finds the League you have the best chance of winning 50/50...

When you improve your character, Elo will notice you trouncing your opponents and increase your League...

In a simplified world, with perfect Elo matching, you will take 20,000 PvP Bouts to get Feat "Win 10,000 PvP Matches".

The above is correct in the letter of the issue, but not in the spirit. As an explanation it's particularly weak. In my experience if I lose, I lose more rating than I gain for wins at the same level. There is something else going on with how rating is gained and lost.

The 50/50 goal of the system doesn't seem to be something many people are experiencing. Most people are experiencing terrible losing streaks. I don't see the same winning runs to balance the losing streaks out. Instead the rating has to be edged back up piecemeal with a couple of wins here and there interspaced with further losses. My worst rating slide was in the region of 175 rating over a worryingly small number of matches while I've only once seen a winning run that even comes close to rating gains over the same number of matches.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Philosopher » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Ilyana wrote:The 50/50 goal of the system doesn't seem to be something many people are experiencing.

I'm not so sure about that. Most of the people I've spoken with say they are right around the 50/50 win/loss ratio when they check their pvp stats. As of this post, I'm at 143 wins out of 273 matches (so 143/130). That's pretty close to the 50/50 goal the system aims for.

Don't go off of streaks and frustration to determine if the system is working well or not. Check your win/loss ratio on the stats page of the colosseum. It's likely to be pretty close to 50/50. And remember that the system cannot guarantee an exact 50/50 ratio for each and every individual player, but strives to get as close to that with ALL players, so naturally there will be some variance. I've only seen one person claim to have a 60/40 ration, while everyone else that I've spoken with says they are right at, or around, 50/50. This leads me to think that the 60/40 claim might be an exaggeration, but that's just me.
Philosopher

Postby GabZ » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:31 pm

So if sytem wants you to loose a match so that your win/loose ratio stay at 50/50....it won't let you dodge, it won't let you resist and it will give your opponents advantage....i think thats how it works, it's all about system lmao ....just kidding :)
GabZ

Next

Return to PvP Discussion