Seismic Slash- PvP

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Re: Seismic Slash- PvP

Postby EricM » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Jumper wrote:Are DOT from poison cloud and caltrops affected by DW? I think venan might be treating it as a DOT. (on that note is bleed affected by vengeance?)

I always thought so. Though I'm not certain on that one. Bleed seems to do more when vengeance on but never paid close enough attention.
EricM

Postby DjCleric » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:20 am

EricM wrote:True DJ. I've never understood why grenade isn't affected dw and sv except for possible balance.

I mean, smite hits significantly harder and can't be dodged or blocked (same as grenade). If anything, smite is a significantly lower cast time as well (if you include the 2s as part of the grenade cast).

Only explanation I have for it is that sw have higher crits, so if grenade worked with dw and sv, much higher chance of damage being higher.

Eric, touch your heart and ask yourself, do you really use crit gems in PvP?
DjCleric

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:28 am

EricM wrote:True DJ. I've never understood why grenade isn't affected dw and sv except for possible balance.

I mean, smite hits significantly harder and can't be dodged or blocked (same as grenade). If anything, smite is a significantly lower cast time as well (if you include the 2s as part of the grenade cast).

Only explanation I have for it is that sw have higher crits, so if grenade worked with dw and sv, much higher chance of damage being higher.

That gets thrown out of the window though when spiricars can just Heavenly Wave and cleanse it. I've done it on my spiricar plenty of times and it really impacts SW damage. Personally think it should just reduce the timer as it does currently and if that takes it below the detonation point the grenade should go off. Venan originally told me this was unintended but later u-turned on it :-)
Illy_the_Red

Postby DjCleric » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:58 am

Ilyana wrote:

That gets thrown out of the window though when spiricars can just Heavenly Wave and cleanse it. I've done it on my spiricar plenty of times and it really impacts SW damage. Personally think it should just reduce the timer as it does currently and if that takes it below the detonation point the grenade should go off. Venan originally told me this was unintended but later u-turned on it :-)

I do that alot with my own Justi. When playing SW in PvP, most JCs don't see me using grenade as one of my initial moves due to a possible Heavenly Wave.
DjCleric

Previous

Return to PvP Discussion