T16 PvP Gear, have T16 Dauntless, Buying Order-ARCHIVED

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

T16 PvP Gear, have T16 Dauntless, Buying Order-ARCHIVED

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:11 am

Subject
Tier 16 PvP Gear & Enchants, have Tier 16 Dauntless Gear, Buying Order

Archived for Research (Archive80t)

Archived for Research (80Archive)

Due to +1% VS Player and the cost of Transferring Enchants, the most important thing for my Shadow Walker are a) Tier 16 Dagger or Shield, b) Cheapest Gear to get another +1% VS Player

32 Might Shadow Walker BarbSpice will be purchasing in the following order:

Location- Enchant / Cost
Purchase from top to bottom

Dagger- None / 5,911 Marks
or
Shield- None / 5,911 Marks

Gauntlets- Skill^ / 4,730 Marks
Boots- Power# / 4,730 Marks
Helm- Skill^ / 5,911 Marks
Cloak- Magic* / 7,096 Marks
Leggings- Power# / 8,276 Marks
Amulet- Magic* / 8,276 Marks
Ring- Magic* / 8,276 Marks (least visible on Inspect)
Chest Armor- Power# / 11,832 Marks
Weapon- Skill^ / 11,832 Marks

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
Tier 16 Armor & Rank 4+ Enchants

Due to Augment Gem providing diminishing returns (Note 1) and the cost of Transferring Enchants (Note 2), the most important things for my Shadow Walker are a) Tier 16 Most Used Weapon Type and Tier 16 Dagger, b) Tier 16 Armor to reduce Healing Potion Use, c) Tier 16 Amulet, d) Tier 16 Specialty Weapons, e) Tier 16 Ring of Poison.

24k Might, Shadow Walker BarbSpice will be purchasing in the following order:

Location- Enchant / Cost
Purchase from top to bottom

Weapon- Skill^ / 3,284 CHV (Axe 1.1s for Vile Realm Material Farming)
Dagger- None / 1,642 CHV
Boots- Power# / 1,314 CHV
Gauntlets- Skill^ / 1,314 CHV
Helm- Skill^ / 1,642 CHV
Leggings- Power# / 2,299 CHV
Chest Armor- Power# / 3,284 CHV
Amulet- Magic* / 2,299 CHV (of Poison for Onslaught/ PvP)
Cloak- Magic* / 1,971 CHV (of Poison for Onslaught/ PvP)
Weapon- Skill^ / 3,284 CHV(Sword 1.0s for Onslaught)
Ring- Magic* / 2,299 (of Poison for Onslaught/ PvP)

My Shadow Walker already has Tier 15 Trident 1.0s, Tier 15 Cloak of Poison, Tier 15 Cloak of Luck, and Tier 15 Ring of Luck.

MY PERSONAL OPINION

I consider Cloaks, Halos, Holiday Hats, Holiday Coats, etc. to be Jewelry/ Decorative for my Shadow Walker and Justicar. Even though they have Armor, it is Cloth, the weakest of the three Armors. Unlike TVal’s Bracer which is actually Cloth, Leather or Mail depending on your Class.

Note 1)
Before v2.0, My Shadow Walker character had Tier 15/ 14 Gear, Tier 5/ 4 Gems, and Tomes requiring 300+ HT per +8 Bonus

Note 2)
Rank 1- 3 Enchants are good for Tier 12/14 Gear (Incursion Portals Unlocked). Rank 3- 6 Enchants are good for Tier 14/16 Gear (Vile Realm Unlocked)
Transfer Cost is 29.41%- 26.50% of Enchant cost (250/ 850 to 25,000/ 94,350 Essence).
A Rank 3 Enchant adds +1.5% to Base Might, is 33% as effective as a Rank 9 Enchant, and costs 0.9% the Materials of a Rank 9 Enchant (850 Essence vs. 94,350).
A Rank 6 Enchant adds +3.0% to Base Might, is 66% as effective as a Rank 9 Enchant, and costs 9.9% the Materials of a Rank 9 Enchant (9350 Essence vs. 94,350).

My Shadow Walker character has Rank 4+ Enchants.
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=25792#p25792
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: T16 PvP Gear, have T16 Dauntless, Buying Order

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:42 am

Posted from my iPhone

If you are using a full set of Tier 16 multipurpose Gear (Dauntless), it may be worth buying Tier 8 VS Player Ring, Amulet & Cloak to get +10% VS Player bonus for a full 9/9 set of VS Player Gear (Total +19% VS Player 1h, +20% 2h) faster than if you bought all Tier 16 VS Player Gear.

This works because all VS Player Gear counts towards set bonus & Tier 8 is very inexpensive.

Thanks CJ for the idea.

Due to diminishing returns from Ratings, I will be buying BarbSpice all Tier 8 VS Player Jewelry (Ring, Amulet, Cloak), then all Tier 16 VS Player Gear to fill out her full 9/9 set.

Since BarbSpice fights PvP with Off Hand Dagger, & needs 9 items for set bonus, I will use my multipurpose Tier 16 1h Sword and buy the Tier 16 VS Player 1h Sword as my tenth piece of Gear bought with Marks (Total +20% VS Player).

Eventually I will be replacing the Tier 8 VS Player Jewelry with Tier 16 since this will help when Level Cap goes up.
Bj_Knows

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:20 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Due to diminishing returns from Ratings, I will be buying BarbSpice all (VS Player, Arcane Tier 8 Jewelry [Ring, Amulet, Cloak], then all VS Player, Shadowscourge Tier 16 Armor and Dagger to fill out her full 9/9 Coliseum Gear Set and get the +10% VS Player Bonus for a full set- Edit)

Since BarbSpice has 10+ million silver coin, I bought a set of Multipurpose, Deathblight Tier 8 Jewelry (Ring, Amulet, Cloak) to test out the Stat Change. It turned out to be -0.75% to -2% change in Stats (depending on Augment Gems), Piercing Strike got 0.01s slower and Raid Might dropped from 32k to 27k while wearing her Tier 8/16 Gear in her Coliseum Build.

But when I bought BarbSpice the actual set of VS Player, Arcane Tier 8 Jewelry in the Coliseum Shop, she got another +3% VS Player, and another +3 for her Coliseum Gear Set (now 5/9 of Coliseum Gear Set).

The cost difference between a set of VS Player Arcane Tier 8 Jewelry and a set of VS Player Shadowscourge Tier 16 Jewelry is 20k+ Marks, so that will let her get the +10% VS Player Bonus for a 9/9 Coliseum Gear Set that much faster. Once I have the full +20% VS Player bonus, I can replace the VS Player Arcane Tier 8 Jewelry with VS Player Shadowscourge Tier 16 Jewelry since the Level Cap will be raising to 35 in Ch 5 of Vile Realm.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:05 am

Bj_Knows wrote:Piercing Strike got 0.01s slower

As per all Posts, your milage may vary.

That was a spectacular, humongous, illuminating error. At my Rating of PvP, losing 0.01s on my Piercing Strike is deadly.

I have kept the Tier 8 Coliseum Gear Set Cloak (apparently no Haste Gems in my Cloak) and swapped back to the Tier 16 Majerio's Shop Ring and Amulet (multipurpose Gear).

I will requip the Tier 8 Coliseum Gear Set Amulet, Ring and Cloak when I have 6/9 of Tier 16 Coliseum Gear Set. Maybe the 0.01s slow Piercing Strike will make less of a difference with +12 VS Player instead of +2 VS Player

As per all Posts, your milage may vary.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: T16 PvP Gear, have T16 Dauntless, Buying Order *Updated*

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:56 am

Posted from my iPod

Justicars keep destroying my Phys Only Shadow Walker, so this experiment comes to a temporary halt as I use my full Tier 16 Gear & Respec.

I will try again when I have 6/9 Tier 16 Coliseum Gear Set and will get +13% VS Player from the Tier 8 Amulet, Ring & Cloak.
Bj_Knows

Return to PvP Discussion