PVP Death Blow to Guilds and Game

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Re: PVP Death Blow to Guilds and Game

Postby Bbbb » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:31 am

Darkhorse wrote: We'll evaluate if we want to up the drop rate from dungeons in the future, and I suspect that may be something we do.

It would only be fair.
Bbbb

Postby Lamorack » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Well, thanks at least for the honest reply. The clear intent was to make the game easier to advance in for those who have not put time and dollars. Clearly the decision to address enchantment via pvp was strategic, intended to nost both pvp uptake by current members and to attract a wider casual audience . Venan is entitled to make money, however, if that is the case, Increase dungeon drop chances as a matter of urgency, so that those that like the pve route are not so prejudiced as to be forced into pve if they wish to keep up in onslaught or other pve enterprises.
Lamorack

Postby Darkhorse » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:22 pm

Lamorack wrote:Well, thanks at least for the honest reply. The clear intent was to make the game easier to advance in for those who have not put time and dollars. Clearly the decision to address enchantment via pvp was strategic, intended to nost both pvp uptake by current members and to attract a wider casual audience . Venan is entitled to make money, however, if that is the case, Increase dungeon drop chances as a matter of urgency, so that those that like the pve route are not so prejudiced as to be forced into pve if they wish to keep up in onslaught or other pve enterprises.

A fair point. We will investigate the drop rates.
Darkhorse

Postby DreamingDæmon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:37 pm

<oldgamermode>
I remember when it was a point of pride to have killed the Cave Serpent over 200 times without getting the Haste Potion Recipe... *grumble grumble kids these days grumble...*
</oldgamermode>
DreamingDæmon

Postby Lamorack » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:23 pm

Since there are stirrings in the Venan court, I thought it may get be a good time to dust off the old issue of rebalancing recipe drops through dungeon delving. Promised but never forthcoming ...
Lamorack

Postby Shiver_My_Timber_Phåse » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:03 pm

This should definitely be the top priority for venan.

Fix those recipe drops!!
Shiver_My_Timber_Phåse

Postby Bbbb » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:46 pm

If this is in their top 100 things to address, I'll be very disappointed. Even as much as I dislike PVP, I've come to accept that you grind some PVP for the recipes.
Bbbb

Postby De_Gallis » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:39 pm

Well how nice for you. Ultimately it will be fairer for those who don't pvp and that seems like a good thing to me.
De_Gallis

Postby Bbbb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:10 am

De_Gallis wrote:Well how nice for you. Ultimately it will be fairer for those who don't pvp and that seems like a good thing to me.

It is a matter of priorities. The point Phase and I are making is that Venan probably only has one guy working on the game. Is this an issue that will turn the game around? Absolutely not. We want them focused on issues (new PvE content, improved PvP, etc) that could spark some new life in this game.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Drops will be part of a loot table and likely not a difficult thing to change.

I’d like to see more PvE content and fixes, but in the context of this necro thread it’s not a case of either/or. If they wanted to change it I’m sure they could very easily.
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to PvP Discussion