Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW- 50 gs for Spec 2

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Re: Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW- 50 gs for Spec 2

Postby Nevla_Nom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:47 am

I have also noticed that there haven't been new Free Gold Shields Offers for a while. Call it a conspiracy theory, but it quite coincides with the PVP beta and having to spend 100 Gold Shields for a second spec.

Also, Justicars and Shadow Walkers don't have as much need for it as War Mages. Shadow Walkers can pretty much PvP with their standard raid spec, while it is absolutely crucial for a War Mage to have a full PvP spec.
Nevla_Nom

Postby DreamingDæmon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:18 am

Nevla_Nom wrote:I have also noticed that there haven't been new Free Gold Shields Offers for a while. Call it a conspiracy theory, but it quite coincides with the PVP beta and having to spend 100 Gold Shields for a second spec.

Are you Apple or Droid? On Droid, UK based, I'm still getting offers.
Not bought a 2nd spec though, sod that.
DreamingDæmon

Postby Nevla_Nom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:45 am

DreamingDaemon wrote:
Nevla_Nom wrote:I have also noticed that there haven't been new Free Gold Shields Offers for a while. Call it a conspiracy theory, but it quite coincides with the PVP beta and having to spend 100 Gold Shields for a second spec.

Are you Apple or Droid? On Droid, UK based, I'm still getting offers.
Not bought a 2nd spec though, sod that.

Apple Iphone is the only device i have available. I live in Sweden.
Nevla_Nom

Postby Lady_Katy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:25 am

Venan has no control over what gold shield offers are shown in the application. That is done through nativeX and based on their permissions / marketing plans.
Lady_Katy

Postby DreamingDæmon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Lady_Katy wrote:

Venan has no control over what gold shield offers are shown in the application. That is done through nativeX and based on their permissions / marketing plans.

It's probably worth mentioning that the companies running these schemes (such as NativeX) usually run different offers based on iOS / Droid and region. Many will even vary on device type / software version (primarily to avoid showing non-applicable offers such as region or OS-restricted apps, or apps that are only compatible with the user's device).
DreamingDæmon

Postby Nevla_Nom » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:54 pm

After almost 1000 pvp matches and still needing 28 gold shields for the second spec, I have decided to reduce my playing a lot. Maybe to a couple of matches a day, until there comes some free gold shields offers. It is just not fun playing this game as it is now.
Nevla_Nom

Spending Gold Shields on Spec 2

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Subject

Before people spend *any* Gold Shields on Spec 2, I highly advise them to read this post:

Still Losing PvP with Spec 2 or Budgeting 100 Gold Shields: Cost-Benefit Analysis of Spec 2
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4463

You may decide Spec 2 is a good deal, or you may decide it does not fit your character's current situation and your individual play style. It is also a good idea to ask your Guild members about PvP at your maximum Might Rating, including Spec 2.

Bj_DWR

In game FORUM button is poor. It is a mobile version with no search and limited lists. Good for reading Post #1 of Sticky and that is it.
OR
Desktop computer or laptop computer and login to full web version with multiple searches and SEARCH for your question (quest solutions, known bugs, temp bug fixes, class builds, etc) at https://Venan.com/boh_forum/search.php

:geek:
Bj_Knows

Re: Spending Gold Shields on Spec 2

Postby Nevla_Nom » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Bj_DWR wrote:Subject

Before people spend *any* Gold Shields on Spec 2, I highly advise them to read this post:

Still Losing PvP with Spec 2 or Budgeting 100 Gold Shields: Cost-Benefit Analysis of Spec 2
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4463

You may decide Spec 2 is a good deal, or you may decide it does not fit your character's current situation and your individual play style. It is also a good idea to ask your Guild members about PvP at your maximum Might Rating, including Spec 2.

Bj_DWR

In game FORUM button is poor. It is a mobile version with no search and limited lists. Good for reading Post #1 of Sticky and that is it.
OR
Desktop computer or laptop computer and login to full web version with multiple searches and SEARCH for your question (quest solutions, known bugs, temp bug fixes, class builds, etc) at https://Venan.com/boh_forum/search.php

:geek:

I'm not expecting it to put me at top positions. Currently I win about 1/3 of my matches. If I manage to get ut up to at least 50/50 that would quite satisfy me.
Nevla_Nom

Re: Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW

Postby Saint_Kai » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:55 pm

mcmarto wrote:Why would you buy 1h recipe, I'm absolutely sure it drops from some dungeon? Every recipe needed for PVP is droppable, so I don't see any problem with that.

On-topic - keep farming. When second spec was introduced to the game I still didn't have the 180gs sigil yet. Now I have both sigil and spec. Never complained. And to be honest, I still use my PVP build for PVE, so the second spec was pretty useless to me.

I have nearly 14k might now, and have been playing for months. In all the time farming, I have only ever gotten 1 recipe to drop... and I do the daily bounties every day, so I kill a lot. And that recipe I got just dropped in the last couple of weeks (it was ice or fire, can't remember which... bought one, and then the other dropped shortly thereafter). 1h damage drops from Lord of Blades, from what I hear. Killed him tons, haven't seen one recipe.

In order to be competitive in PvP, you'll need more than just 100 GS for a second spec, but you'll need hundreds of gold for the proper enchant recipes, and possibly for the enchants themselves. Unless you spend months farming flux.

We already need a lot of GS.. 100 GS for a second spec is just salt on the wound.
Saint_Kai

Postby Nevla_Nom » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm up to 85 gold shields so I still need 15...
Nevla_Nom

PreviousNext

Return to PvP Discussion