Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW- 50 gs for Spec 2

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW- 50 gs for Spec 2

Postby Nevla_Nom » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:30 am

This is ridiculous! I've been farming like hell ever since the PVP beta started. I've managed to get a hold of the best PVP sword and the best shield, but still I am no match because I only yet have 66 gold shields so I can't have a second spec, which means I have to PVP with raid spec, since I still need to be able to raid. A price of 100 gold shields is ridiculous. Lower it to 50, please.

I can't buy gold shields or anything through my phone because I don't have that kind of credit card. Gift cards are not available in my country, that I know of, even if I were willing to spend money.

This is making players second class citizens in the game.
Nevla_Nom
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW

Postby Saint_Kai » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:03 pm

Agreed. A second spec is a necessity in this game, now that it has both pvp and pve. I'd go even further and say a second spec should cost 20 gs, and maybe a third spec can cost 50 gs. As it is, it reeks of trying to exploit the player base. Get them frustrated that they suck at pvp with a pve spec, so they buy gs just to gain some parity back. Unfortunately, those players may end up quitting instead, and tell their friends to skip this game. Word of mouth spreads, and BoH's playerbase drops like a rock.

You need happy players to recommend the game. That's how I got into it, but now the person who recommended me, has left and gone onto other games, and I'm tempted to do the same. If they don't drop the cost soon, I may

Microtransactions to fund the game is fine, as long as they don't give the player who spends money a substantial advantage. Right now, considering the number of things that cost gs, that is very much the case. I can either spend a bunch of money and have a significant advantage, or I can spend years farming gs. Perhaps they should just make gs drop much more often.
Saint_Kai
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW- 50 gs for Spec 2

Postby Nevla_Nom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:43 am

900 matches and 620 losses, I still have 29 shields left...
Nevla_Nom
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW

Postby DnT_TheTaken » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:38 am

Sir_Kai wrote:Agreed. A second spec is a necessity in this game, now that it has both pvp and pve. I'd go even further and say a second spec should cost 20 gs, and maybe a third spec can cost 50 gs. As it is, it reeks of trying to exploit the player base. Get them frustrated that they suck at pvp with a pve spec, so they buy gs just to gain some parity back. Unfortunately, those players may end up quitting instead, and tell their friends to skip this game. Word of mouth spreads, and BoH's playerbase drops like a rock.

You need happy players to recommend the game. That's how I got into it, but now the person who recommended me, has left and gone onto other games, and I'm tempted to do the same. If they don't drop the cost soon, I may

Microtransactions to fund the game is fine, as long as they don't give the player who spends money a substantial advantage. Right now, considering the number of things that cost gs, that is very much the case. I can either spend a bunch of money and have a significant advantage, or I can spend years farming gs. Perhaps they should just make gs drop much more often.


How does spending gs give any kind of advantage, except getting might a bit faster than those that don't, (a minimal reward is necissary for people to spend money, cuz if not no one buys, and game tanks) I use one spec in PvP/pve and know plenty of players who do as well. It's called respecing a few times till you find a decent hybrid.... These are the same complaints that are whined everyday, and none of them make any real sense.
DnT_TheTaken
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW

Postby Nevla_Nom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:28 pm

DnT_TheTaken wrote:
Sir_Kai wrote:Agreed. A second spec is a necessity in this game, now that it has both pvp and pve. I'd go even further and say a second spec should cost 20 gs, and maybe a third spec can cost 50 gs. As it is, it reeks of trying to exploit the player base. Get them frustrated that they suck at pvp with a pve spec, so they buy gs just to gain some parity back. Unfortunately, those players may end up quitting instead, and tell their friends to skip this game. Word of mouth spreads, and BoH's playerbase drops like a rock.

You need happy players to recommend the game. That's how I got into it, but now the person who recommended me, has left and gone onto other games, and I'm tempted to do the same. If they don't drop the cost soon, I may

Microtransactions to fund the game is fine, as long as they don't give the player who spends money a substantial advantage. Right now, considering the number of things that cost gs, that is very much the case. I can either spend a bunch of money and have a significant advantage, or I can spend years farming gs. Perhaps they should just make gs drop much more often.


How does spending gs give any kind of advantage, except getting might a bit faster than those that don't, (a minimal reward is necissary for people to spend money, cuz if not no one buys, and game tanks) I use one spec in PvP/pve and know plenty of players who do as well. It's called respecing a few times till you find a decent hybrid.... These are the same complaints that are whined everyday, and none of them make any real sense.


I did respec to PVP build. It screwed up my raiding too much so what I've got now is sort of a hybrid where I changed Ice Storm to Ice Shield. It still sucks quite a lot, as you really need to be fully PvP specced as a mage to be somewhat successful.

I also apologize to Grooveafan for doing the afk match right now. It is because I am having an argument on whether or not AFK:ing gives rewards or not.
Last edited by Nevla_Nom on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nevla_Nom
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW

Postby Seveneyes » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:56 pm

DnT_TheTaken wrote:
How does spending gs give any kind of advantage, except getting might a bit faster than those that don't, (a minimal reward is necissary for people to spend money, cuz if not no one buys, and game tanks) I use one spec in PvP/pve and know plenty of players who do as well. It's called respecing a few times till you find a decent hybrid.... These are the same complaints that are whined everyday, and none of them make any real sense.


Im Sorry But You Are Completely Wrong. It Is Impossible To Run A War Mage build That Is Hybrid For pve/Pvp.y
Seveneyes
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW

Postby Saint_Kai » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm running a hybrid now. I used to have 3 points in Flaming Pyre and Ice Storm, and now I just have 1 point in each. I transferred the points to max out Frozen Shards and Ice Shield. It's doable, but my group spells are kinda weak. Still, most monsters are easy anyway, and I can at least use pots in PvE combat.

DnT_TheTaken wrote:How does spending gs give any kind of advantage, except getting might a bit faster than those that don't, (a minimal reward is necissary for people to spend money, cuz if not no one buys, and game tanks) I use one spec in PvP/pve and know plenty of players who do as well. It's called respecing a few times till you find a decent hybrid.... These are the same complaints that are whined everyday, and none of them make any real sense.


While you get a few respec tokens through the normal game, you need to spend gs to get more. A lot of people used those tokens and respecced a few times, trying to find a good pve build, and try out the various abilities. PvP comes around, and guess what? They need to spend gs again to get a good pvp build! GS is also needed to buy the better recipes. 1h and 2h damage enchant? Gonna cost ya, or else you're not competitive enough.

It's interesting, that Blizzard did something a bit different with WoW. It used to be, in PvP, that only the top PvP'er of the server could buy the best PvP gear. There were ranks earned each week, depending on how well you PvP'ed. And the best PvP'er was the one with the most PvP points. If you couldn't raid to get good gear, PvP was your only other option. There are horror stories of people who ran themselves ragged, PvP'ing for entire weeks without sleep, in order to get the good PvP gear, so they could be competitive. Anyone who didn't, had subpar gear and was easily pwned. Even Raid Gear was designed for raids, and thus not as good as PvP gear in raids. Blizzard eventually realized what they were doing to their playerbase, and changed it.

So you gotta spend gs to be competitive. Sure, you can try to farm the recipe, or whatever else you need, but those drops are so low that you could be at it for years. In all my time playing, I've only ever seen one recipe drop. I had to buy the status resist recipe, which is a large factor in why I'm doing better now. Farmed a crapload of fluxes to get it up high enough that I can resist quite a few status effects.

So, I know how a hybrid WM goes. And I know I wouldn't have been able to succeed without spending a lot of gs on recipes to enchant my gear with.

And lastly, you miss the main point of this thread. PvP is in Beta right now. That means they need players to test it out. Very few can afford the PvP spec necessary, and so get creamed, and Venan gets bad data. If they want it to be a successful beta, they need allow everyone to get a pvp spec. Thus, the GS cost for a second spec needs to come down, or else people get frustrated and stop PvP'ing, leaving Venan with a smaller beta pool and less data.
Saint_Kai
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW

Postby DnT_TheTaken » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Sir_Kai wrote:I'm running a hybrid now. I used to have 3 points in Flaming Pyre and Ice Storm, and now I just have 1 point in each. I transferred the points to max out Frozen Shards and Ice Shield. It's doable, but my group spells are kinda weak. Still, most monsters are easy anyway, and I can at least use pots in PvE combat.

DnT_TheTaken wrote:How does spending gs give any kind of advantage, except getting might a bit faster than those that don't, (a minimal reward is necissary for people to spend money, cuz if not no one buys, and game tanks) I use one spec in PvP/pve and know plenty of players who do as well. It's called respecing a few times till you find a decent hybrid.... These are the same complaints that are whined everyday, and none of them make any real sense.


While you get a few respec tokens through the normal game, you need to spend gs to get more. A lot of people used those tokens and respecced a few times, trying to find a good pve build, and try out the various abilities. PvP comes around, and guess what? They need to spend gs again to get a good pvp build! GS is also needed to buy the better recipes. 1h and 2h damage enchant? Gonna cost ya, or else you're not competitive enough.

It's interesting, that Blizzard did something a bit different with WoW. It used to be, in PvP, that only the top PvP'er of the server could buy the best PvP gear. There were ranks earned each week, depending on how well you PvP'ed. And the best PvP'er was the one with the most PvP points. If you couldn't raid to get good gear, PvP was your only other option. There are horror stories of people who ran themselves ragged, PvP'ing for entire weeks without sleep, in order to get the good PvP gear, so they could be competitive. Anyone who didn't, had subpar gear and was easily pwned. Even Raid Gear was designed for raids, and thus not as good as PvP gear in raids. Blizzard eventually realized what they were doing to their playerbase, and changed it.

So you gotta spend gs to be competitive. Sure, you can try to farm the recipe, or whatever else you need, but those drops are so low that you could be at it for years. In all my time playing, I've only ever seen one recipe drop. I had to buy the status resist recipe, which is a large factor in why I'm doing better now. Farmed a crapload of fluxes to get it up high enough that I can resist quite a few status effects.

So, I know how a hybrid WM goes. And I know I wouldn't have been able to succeed without spending a lot of gs on recipes to enchant my gear with.

And lastly, you miss the main point of this thread. PvP is in Beta right now. That means they need players to test it out. Very few can afford the PvP spec necessary, and so get creamed, and Venan gets bad data. If they want it to be a successful beta, they need allow everyone to get a pvp spec. Thus, the GS cost for a second spec needs to come down, or else people get frustrated and stop PvP'ing, leaving Venan with a smaller beta pool and less data.


Status resist Is a recipe from a quest? Why would you buy it? Once again, farmin gs for respec tokens is not hard, can easily get 5 gs in one day....
DnT_TheTaken
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW

Postby Saint_Kai » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:17 pm

DnT_TheTaken wrote:Status resist Is a recipe from a quest? Why would you buy it? Once again, farmin gs for respec tokens is not hard, can easily get 5 gs in one day....


Hmm, maybe it was the 1h damage recipe I bought. It was a long time ago.

And you apparently don't realize what that means to casual players. You are asking them to spend all time hoping they can farm up 10 GS a day, to respec back and forth from pvp to pve. Highly inefficient and time-consuming, which casual players do not have the time for.
Saint_Kai
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Demand lower price for 2nd spec NOW

Postby mcmarto » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:17 am

Sir_Kai wrote:
DnT_TheTaken wrote:Status resist Is a recipe from a quest? Why would you buy it? Once again, farmin gs for respec tokens is not hard, can easily get 5 gs in one day....


Hmm, maybe it was the 1h damage recipe I bought. It was a long time ago.

And you apparently don't realize what that means to casual players. You are asking them to spend all time hoping they can farm up 10 GS a day, to respec back and forth from pvp to pve. Highly inefficient and time-consuming, which casual players do not have the time for.


Why would you buy 1h recipe, I'm absolutely sure it drops from some dungeon? Every recipe needed for PVP is droppable, so I don't see any problem with that.

On-topic - keep farming. When second spec was introduced to the game I still didn't have the 180gs sigil yet. Now I have both sigil and spec. Never complained. And to be honest, I still use my PVP build for PVE, so the second spec was pretty useless to me.
mcmarto
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 3:20 pm

Next

Return to PvP Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron