PvP = As expected.

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

PvP = As expected.

Postby PIN_Evologist » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:39 am

Well, I saw it coming, and wasn't disappointed. PvP is here, and boy howdy what a massive money spinner this must be for you, Venan! After all, without GS you can't expect to win, right?

This is a total shambles. I'm sorry, I've said it. PvP requires some MASSIVE review before its viable to all but the wealthiest, most hardcore of player. It needs to scale PROPERLY to might. It needs to take in to account hero training and stat stacking. Most of all, it needs to have Shield matches SEPARATE to regular player matches.

I for one refuse to either engage further in this beta, OR give Venan any more of my money, until this mess of an idea is fixed.

Why should I buy GS for a 10e token, when 20 other people have just paid my way buying gems, hero training and gear.

Up until this point, there was only 2 ways to gear in this game. Raid, or buy. Now it seems there's only one way, cuz I sure as heck don't see any raid gear being worn by my opponents in the arena.

Well done, Venan. You found your golden ticket. Now give us back the game you promised, or fix what you broke.

Sincerely
A very pissed off regular player.

EDIT:
Fair call, no reason for language like that. Have edited it.

P.S: For those with the inevitable "Try a different class" rhetoric, I have one of each (2 EM's actually) and none of them (other than my blitzer SW) can make a debt on anyone.

And no, it's NOT a failing in my own builds, it's the failure of the PvP system to properly shuffle players against EVENLY MATCHED opponents (a promised feature). Now sure, I could go ahead and buy a few thousand HT's and stack my stats as well. Heck, I could just go ahead and max em all. That would maybe put me in league with the people I'm facing.

But seriously, hitting a level 30 wearing Soul gear (I assume to stifle their might) with clearly stacked stats? It's an abuse of the system. Which means a failing of the system. And so, my rant.
Last edited by PIN_Evologist on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PIN_Evologist

Re: PvP = As expected.

Postby Lady_Katy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi Evologist,

You are correct in that there is a lot of work left to do for PvP, and that you can buy gear packs in game. However, I don't think things are as dire as you make them out to be. It is definitely in the cards that there will be several more updates to PvP before it is "gold". Data gathering is still in progress, and any constructive feedback is welcome :) As for the gear, you can buy tier 6 and tier 11 sets from Majerio's shop. You can also buy gems. However, it is impossible to get Tier 12, 13, or 15 from the store. You must raid to get those items. Right now, there is a seasonal even that gives out a T13 weapon for free! As I said, feedback is welcome. You can see other thoughts and post your own here:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4033

--Lady_Katy
Lady_Katy

Postby PIN_Evologist » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:29 pm

Katy,

The critical error (oversight perhaps?) here, is that it's possible to stack your characters stats, then stifle your might with gear to significantly outmatch your opponent.

This is great if your farming free achievements. It's awesome for getting up the leaderboards.

But it makes PvP completely inaccessible to anyone who isn't a shield purchaser. People aren't wearing tier 14 in PvP. They're wearing lower tier to stifle their might. I could take 1000 screenshots for evidence, if it helps.
PIN_Evologist

Postby Lady_Katy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Downgrading your might to get easier matches is a known issue, unfortunately. It is being worked on, but I have no announcement to make at this time. It probably isn't much help at the moment, but it's not an issue once you get to level 30 :D
Lady_Katy

Postby PIN_Evologist » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:36 pm

Lady_Katy wrote:Downgrading your might to get easier matches is a known issue, unfortunately. It is being worked on, but I have no announcement to make at this time. It probably isn't much help at the moment, but it's not an issue once you get to level 30 :D

Actually, that's precisely when it IS an issue.

I have an 8k might level 30 SW, who can scrape a victory. I have a 13k WM who face plants. But going up against another level 30 WM who is wearin lower than t12 gear an casting twice as fast, is a CLEAR exploit of the game.

It's not just one or twice. It's been EVERY MATCH since day 2. And it isn't just me, everyone I speak to seems to find the exact same problem.

It needs to be addressed, because the way it stands, there won't be any data to review, because the standard players (the BULK of players) simply won't participate in a rigged system.

If we want to get face rolled, we will go naked into GK.
PIN_Evologist

Postby EricM » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Evologist wrote:
Lady_Katy wrote:Downgrading your might to get easier matches is a known issue, unfortunately. It is being worked on, but I have no announcement to make at this time. It probably isn't much help at the moment, but it's not an issue once you get to level 30 :D

Actually, that's precisely when it IS an issue.

I have an 8k might level 30 SW, who can scrape a victory. I have a 13k WM who face plants. But going up against another level 30 WM who is wearin lower than t12 gear an casting twice as fast, is a CLEAR exploit of the game.

It's not just one or twice. It's been EVERY MATCH since day 2. And it isn't just me, everyone I speak to seems to find the exact same problem.

It needs to be addressed, because the way it stands, there won't be any data to review, because the standard players (the BULK of players) simply won't participate in a rigged system.

If we want to get face rolled, we will go naked into GK.

I would like to point out...

If you lower your might, you get matched against lower opponents, true, but you also don't get as high of a performance score as you would otherwise since its' modified by might. So no, it can't be used as an exploit to fly to the top of the leaderboards.

Secondly, I don't understand your argument about players spending the most shields being at the top.

What does spending shields have to do with winning pvp matches? Neither elixirs nor potions nor favors work in pvp. It's built to not reward heavy spenders. If its lacking t14 equipment you're complaining about, then get t14 :/ Without burning, just participating in daily raids, I'm getting 1800-2500 CV a day. That's full t14 in under a week. Sure, pvp requires a lot of trial and error to be good at, and has its' share of bugs, but it isn't as rigged as you make it seem, and having a ton of shields doesn't help as much as it does in climbing the might leaderboards.
EricM

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:38 am

Secondly, I don't understand your argument about players spending the most shields being at the top.

It's not what they were getting at above (as you can drop cash for extra kit, instantly), but spending shields gets you the second spec, which does confer an advantage. It's vital for Mages whereas the other two can survive without it. As time goes on, more players without the spec will give up on PvP, meaning a higher percentage of matches will be against people who do. But it's already been addressed in another thread that they did not expect the second spec to be so important in PvP (which it clearly is) and that it will be addressed.
Illy_the_Red

Return to PvP Discussion