Official PvP Beta Feedback Thread- ARCHIVED

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Official PvP Beta Feedback Thread- ARCHIVED

Postby Darkhorse » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Heroes!

We want to hear your feedback on the PvP Beta as you start to play it this Monday. This is the official thread to do so. Please remember to keep your comments as constructive as possible. That being said, being critical of the feature is okay.

Good feedback examples:

-PvP was fun, but I felt that X class has an advantage over Y class because of Z.
-I really didn't enjoy myself because of X.
-I think Venan should do X with PvP.
-The best part about PvP is X. Some improvements that could be made are Y.

Examples of bad feedback:

-I don't like PvP therefore it is bad and nobody should play it.
-YO VENAN YOU SUCK PVP IS FOR NOOBS THIS GAME IS DUMB!
-You should implement this other feature X that has nothing to do with PvP, here is my pitch...
-I haven't even played PvP but here is why it's bad...
Darkhorse

Re: Official PvP Beta Feedback Thread

Postby Rauhede » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:29 pm

It's been some time since I've had an opinion and/or idea for BoH improvement. Frankly, I am so pleased with the changes introduced in 1.6, I've no reason to say anything...

However, with PvP on the horizon, I have one valid question Developer DARKHORSE!..
- Are there any program protocols implemented for "Connection Issues" while engaged in a PvP scenario? How does Venan intend to deal with the guidelines of a match, not if, but, when a connection issue arises?
- also, what are the great equalizers for cash and non-cash players? IMO, GS should account for nothing in a PvP scenario... And the outcome should be determined by the greater use of "stock" abilities and might allocations,..
- and finally,.. Is there going to be a wagering system where each player may "ante up" a particular set of items, valor, or GS(s) for a "spoils of war" prize?

I look forward to this weeks test drive.

Topic is open for discussion, Rau
Rauhede

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Rauhede has brought up several good points about PvP challenges that have existed in other games. I would also like to bring up a few others that have always annoyed me.
You have announced a statistics screen which will also mean a Leaderboard for PvP.
Leaderboards for these types of games/stats are always entertaining (Wins, Losses, etc) and are definitely part of the PvP game, but they have easily been abused/manipulated in most other games by the players.

Strategies involve creating farming characters and toons who are used for stat building by primary toons and so forth. Though I am not certain how PvP and the arena works yet (we will know in a few days)....in an effort to make the Leader board more meaningful, I would like to see some means of helping ensure that a statistic board isn't a bunch of bull.

I'd like to see stats such as:
# of ties or disconnects as a ratio of fights
--- Players who routinely cause disconnect issues if they start to lose would show up with such a stat.

Diverse Wins: (# different players fought)/(#wins)

: Say a player farms 1000 wins mostly off of 4 toons, all his own on different devices...it'd be a really low number, while another player has won 1000 wins againt 150 different players, much more respectable.

These are not exacting suggestions, but just to give you ideas, something that would help make the stats page more meaningful and not just a win loss tie number that could easily become a useless metric when people figure out ways to abuse the system.

I always liked the way TF2 and UT could track stats such as every battle was logged and one could see wins and losses against all other players from the battles and sort them. I do not know if that is possible here, I realize it would be a bit challenging to manage such a page on a phone web screen.
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Bsilver » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:28 pm

As all of my characters are level 30, I find no problem with the matchmaking system myself.
However, on my main who is a one-handed justicar, in my seven matches I have not blocked anything. Though my block and Dodge percentages are close, I have dodged a fair amount just like my opponent, but I have not blocked anything which makes pushbacks much more effective And stagger worthless.
Bsilver

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:57 pm

I think you guys have pretty much broken the WM for PvP.
Not having a decent knockback is annoying to start, especially compared to being knocked back consistently by Justi and SW, and they get quite a break when they do land it. I have to time Ice lance just right or the knockback is useless. Several other reason..which I will get into later.

OH and 2H WM, they will lose almost everytime to any competent opponent. I haven't yet had a 2H WM beat me.

SW have an invincible combination against WM... ensare->Caltrop-> take your pick->smokebomb
Even with a 56% Haste and a 1H weapon, They beat me every time to the punch...with any attack, and timevoid is useless because they just recast ensare. Once hit with a caltrop, their attacks are nearly 1/2 the speed of mine literally (especially if they have an urgency kick in which happens most of the time). Also caltrop doesn't seem to bring me out of stun)

I am also amused that a maxed Haste, 1H WM can't beat a Justi with a Heroic->Siesmic->Brutal->Stun....I get 4 times before I can even respond, usually with a 3x DOT Bleed by then.
Last edited by Possessed_Mithrid on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Abxi » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Hey all!

Here are some first glimpse feedback with all from a to b!

- Heroic will - if you do an attack before and hit the person you should cancel its effect, like doing faster attack or time void,

- Time Void - Using it should add countdown timer to opponents attack,

- When facing a war mage my opponent got snap despite that i didnt attack, was frozen, possible my previews attack timer somehow attacked or pretended to attack and person got snap?

- Instant Personal Chat window with opponent should be added when starting pvp, talking with opponent is invaluable asset!

- A pause timer should be added, if two are fighting and you want to talk about next move or something then both sides should be able to enter a paused state hence stopping the clock of the person who about to attack

- History of battles, i miss going back and checking battles who you faced and maybe some detailed info on how the battle went like a battle log

- Its quite laggy from time to time, one time i even got stuck for a min waith the loading icon in bottom right corner just after i finished a fight another on when about to enter a battle and it found opponent

- Health timer possible also energy timers is counting but no health is added when i pvp if it passes time to regen

- Estimated time says on my justicar 1m but often finds one within 10-15 seconds..

Now this below would be nice to have :)
Just some brainstorming, got so inspired by this pvp that i saw its potential!

- GUILD WARS!
This is something that defintly could be worth adding when we have PVP,
instead of waves of monsters you have waves of players and if you defeat one you move on to next untill you perish

The one side running out of waves will lose the battle hence losing the guild war.

- GUILD WARS ADVANCED
With the guild wars advanced perhaps you could plot different kind of battles,
like decide the waves of what it should contain, like there would be 3 waves in a giuld war fight
and each side have to decide what those waves should contain, perhaps one side take all the strongest first and when
faced enough and the strong one perish only lower ones remain hence the guild who made all waves more equal wins!

Combinations could be endless allowing the player to figure and plan how to defeat the opponent in different kind of waves,
all mages first? then justicas? and so on!

General glimpse, is that i think its awesome! Might be because im so good at it but its an great feature added. Its still quite rough around the edges and needs tweaking but theres alot of potential of using this core mechanic to add further features in the game that would further enchance the gaming experince and most of all the mmo experience which generates dollars hence keeping this game alive!

-Abxi-
Abxi

Postby RedeyedJoker » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:36 pm

I enjoy the idea of pvp. But seeing as I am an ice Mage I think we totally got screwed. My casting time for icy grasp jumped from .23 to .38 and the cool down time is just way too long.

Changing the knock back effect for ice lance in half almost makes It useless. Compared to justicars KB he can hit me 3-4 times b4 my lance can even be used

Ice WM's got severely abused with the changes done to them.

Please reset these times back to normal, and even if you just adjust them I think the adjustments should ONLY apply to the pvp arena and not to normal game play, cause honestly you have ruined ice WM and see how so many people have so much time into making it their main character... Well it just really sucks.
Thank you
RedeyedJoker

Postby Darkhorse » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:55 pm

My mage is currently 14-2 (1 loss to Tiffy's SW and 1 loss to Sherpa's Justi) so I think it would be a bit hasty to say War Mage is "completely broken".

That being said, all good feedback so far, we'll be looking at everything from feedback to numbers straight from the system. Thanks all!
Darkhorse

Postby notallthatfat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:59 pm

RedeyedJoker wrote:I enjoy the idea of pvp. But seeing as I am an ice Mage I think we totally got screwed. My casting time for icy grasp jumped from .23 to .38 and the cool down time is just way too long.

Changing the knock back effect for ice lance in half almost makes It useless. Compared to justicars KB he can hit me 3-4 times b4 my lance can even be used

Ice WM's got severely abused with the changes done to them.

Please reset these times back to normal, and even if you just adjust them I think the adjustments should ONLY apply to the pvp arena and not to normal game play, cause honestly you have ruined ice WM and see how so many people have so much time into making it their main character... Well it just really sucks.
Thank you

Yes i totally agree, i have alot of time invested in my war mage, and this update just ruined all my work. Lol
notallthatfat

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Darkhorse wrote:My mage is currently 14-2 (1 loss to Tiffy's SW and 1 loss to Sherpa's Justi) so I think it would be a bit hasty to say War Mage is "completely broken".

That being said, all good feedback so far, we'll be looking at everything from feedback to numbers straight from the system. Thanks all!

Darkhorse,
You have had months practicing and fine tuning, but check your numbers, when only 3 of the top 50 performance spots are WM, and the rest are SW (who have 9 of the top10 btw) and Justi, its broken. You could say that the community needs to learn how to battle with a WM better, but I would say that when the vast majority of the WM's out there coming out of the gate are being slaughtered by the other classes, who likewise are coming out of the gate with the same level of PvP experience, its broken...sure they could learn to fine tune their toons like you have, and specialize to exactly that...but the statistics don't lie, WM can not hold their own except for a very very specialized build....which I still need to figure out.

Another statistic: Out of the top25 Overall score, why am I only one of 2 WM...the other being Joker at 16K might who likely is having better luck fighting more inexperienced players at those mights than my Fellow >20k WM's? (No offense Joker, I think its great you're there and I am not trying to diminish your work, Great Job! Just making a point for Darkhorse)

Incidentally I notice too that your using a 1H WM, like I am...2H WM are useless...now compare that to a 2H Justi who seems to be holding their own and tell me its not broken.

PS: Damn Ripost!!! :D :D
Possessed_Mithrid

Next

Return to PvP Discussion