Level Cap Increase & Prestige Abilities

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: Level Cap Increase & Prestige Abilities

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Wed May 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Will the amplify gem abilities affect might or just the direct stats?
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Llyan » Wed May 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Derpy_as_I_wanna_be wrote:
Llyan wrote:Looks exciting. Will make pvp more unpredictable, which is exactly what it needed.

RNG makes it pretty unpredictable already... but I guess pvp predicated on unpredictable unpredictabilities is less easily predicted.

Unpredictable in the sense that you won't know exactly what your opponent's rotation is, as is the case now.
Llyan

Postby Jackie_Treehorn » Wed May 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Will finally be able to use all of those useless Elixirs of Wisdom I've accumulated over the years. :twisted:
Jackie_Treehorn

Postby G1LgaMezH » Wed May 18, 2016 11:21 pm

Add class change please.I seriously doubt people who are veterans of this game want to level up another toon.I like everything else I've seen so far.
G1LgaMezH

Postby Sim0n » Thu May 19, 2016 12:02 am

How will Safeguard cast time be affected by Riposte? Will it end the action like Defend? Will it affect the cooldown?

I think Safeguard + Sidestep + Amplify Yellow will be deadly on SW (depending how they interact with Riposte and the %).

I don't see much for Onslaught except Amplify Red and Amplify Yellow. Urgency could be nice with Majero's box but I doubt it will come out often enough to be worth it. The rest of the abilities are PVP orriented or defensive.

I really like the new classes and the new abilities that are common to all classes! I think it's a nice idea. I can wait to try them out and to start leveling a new Flame Warden.

Looking forward for the last dev blogs about the update. I'm crossing my fingers for more HT training!
Sim0n

Postby Fara » Thu May 19, 2016 12:17 am

Excellent! Looking forward to this update :)
Fara

Postby _Raiden » Thu May 19, 2016 1:37 am

Bbbb wrote:An interesting set of abilities. They seem a little bit more geared towards PvP than PvE. Look forward towards trying them anyway though.

Our next post will be one all the little things that we have adjusted and added to the game based on your suggestions.

I am praying that your next post addresses the 99 item purchase limit.

Im praying for that too haha.
But yes this updates really look very interesting
Yellow , red and leech will be my current choice for the new skills haha

Btw will leech be a passive skill?
_Raiden

Postby pete_smith » Thu May 19, 2016 3:28 am

O.K. Looks good - but same question as other on the forum - when do you plan to release the update. If Do not have an exact date do we have an estimate?
Are you going to wait for the update for WereChef 16 for the release?

Pete
pete_smith

Postby Saraa » Thu May 19, 2016 4:45 am

pete_smith wrote:O.K. Looks good - but same question as other on the forum - when do you plan to release the update. If Do not have an exact date do we have an estimate?
Are you going to wait for the update for WereChef 16 for the release?

Pete

The original estimate, as stated by Chem, is/was May. He did admit that there are circumstances beyond their control that could delay things but probably not much later than early June if I had to guess.
Saraa

Re: Stat Curves 36- 40, T19 Weapon, Prestige rank 1 or 1-3

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu May 19, 2016 6:15 am

Bj_DWR wrote:Subject
Stat curves for level 36-40 with current gear, Tier 19 weapons versus level 40 opponents, prestige ability ranks

CheMClarc wrote:Level Cap Raise to 40:
. . .
[*] Amplify Red: Increase the effectiveness of Red Gems by x%.
[*] Amplify Blue: Increase the effectiveness of Blue Gems by x%.
[*] Amplify Yellow: Increase the effectiveness of Yellow Gems by x%. [/list]

These prestige abilities will be very popular if the x% increase makes up for using tier gems scaled for Level 35 when fighting monsters scaled for level 40. Amplify yellow x% will be the most powerful, since Dodge and Crit will be the two stat curves most effected by raising the Level cap to 40, for opposing players and monsters, without introducing new weapons, helm, chest armor and leg armor. If x% increase is too low, the amplify abilities will become another Inner Focus/ Weapon Focus at high might ratings.

Could use x% for Amplify Red, y% for Amplify Blue and z% for Amplify Yellow to allow a balanced approach without making Amplify Blue the least popular choice. Could use increase stat percentage by x%/ y%/ z% (enchants) instead of increase stat rating (weapon focus) to make it more attractive at high might ratings.

Tier 19 weapons will have a huge advantage against level 40 opponents (players and monsters) compared to tier 18 weapons.

Do Prestige Abilities have ranks like normal abilities?

Would be cool if prestige abilities came in ranks, but you could only spend 3 ability points, so you could have three prestige abilities at rank 1 or one at rank 3. This would also allow the devs to use the reverse of normal ability tiers. Instead of rank 2 being a moderate increase over rank 1 and rank 3 being a small increase over rank 2 (realistic abilities), you could have rank 2 double rank 1 and rank 3 double rank 2 (wizard abilities). After spending some time at TV Tropes Skills, this would be fun for the players but not so much fun for the devs. Sticking with prestige abilities only having rank 1 would make putting 1 point in a prestige ability useful (looking at you Ignite rank 1) without wasting points on rank 3 (looking at you Snap Cast rank 3).

Too long, read it anyway. Still need abridged version ;-) trying to work out what you mean by TV Tropes Skills and how that relates to BoH. Also wondering why a T19 weapons would have a 'huge advantage' over a T18. They're better, but not that much better!

Weapon Focus/Inner Focus are quite widely used, not sure why you keep saying they're not any good.
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog