Level Cap Increase & Prestige Abilities

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: Level Cap Increase & Prestige Abilities

Postby Ares_Jedi_God » Wed May 18, 2016 2:46 pm

Lo there do I see my father; Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers; Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call me, they bid me take my place among them, in the halls of The KINGDOM, where the brave may live forever.
Ares_Jedi_God

Postby Ares_Jedi_God » Wed May 18, 2016 2:48 pm

FYI
The Kingdom Farm Raids are back!!
Password is: farm
We will run spider queen and shadows constantly. Our mighty GM Jumper has just approved project constant farm! Don't pick the mushrooms, they are for kinks only!
Ares_Jedi_God

Postby AmyLoo » Wed May 18, 2016 3:05 pm

MrOlson wrote:I am seeing all this great info but I have not seen anything about release date? Can anyone tell me when the update with new classes and everything is actually coming out?

There hasn't been a date announced yet but the target is late May/early June
AmyLoo

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Wed May 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Llyan wrote:Looks exciting. Will make pvp more unpredictable, which is exactly what it needed.

RNG makes it pretty unpredictable already... but I guess pvp predicated on unpredictable unpredictabilities is less easily predicted.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Jawarhello » Wed May 18, 2016 3:16 pm

I see Aries has finally infected forums too...
Jawarhello

Postby Jawarhello » Wed May 18, 2016 3:18 pm

We don't even want farm raid ads in global, they certainly don't belong here...Jumper, control your underling !
Jawarhello

Postby Jumper » Wed May 18, 2016 4:45 pm

Ares_Jedi_God wrote:Lo there do I see my father; Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers; Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call me, they bid me take my place among them, in the halls of The KINGDOM, where the brave may live forever.

This ad was not approved by Jumper.
Jumper

Postby Bbbb » Wed May 18, 2016 5:03 pm

An interesting set of abilities. They seem a little bit more geared towards PvP than PvE. Look forward towards trying them anyway though.

Our next post will be one all the little things that we have adjusted and added to the game based on your suggestions.

I am praying that your next post addresses the 99 item purchase limit.
Bbbb

Postby Ares_Jedi_God » Wed May 18, 2016 6:56 pm

I was just kicked out of the guild! Ohhh nooo. Hawke I thought we were buddies. It's ok buddy, I will miss you guys. It was a great run. Cheers Kingdom!
Ares_Jedi_God

Stat Curves 36- 40, T19 Weapon, Prestige rank 1 or 1-3

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed May 18, 2016 6:57 pm

Subject
Stat curves for level 36-40 with current gear, Tier 19 weapons versus level 40 opponents, prestige ability ranks

CheMClarc wrote:Level Cap Raise to 40:
. . .
[*] Amplify Red: Increase the effectiveness of Red Gems by x%.
[*] Amplify Blue: Increase the effectiveness of Blue Gems by x%.
[*] Amplify Yellow: Increase the effectiveness of Yellow Gems by x%. [/list]

These prestige abilities will be very popular if the x% increase makes up for using tier gems scaled for Level 35 when fighting monsters scaled for level 40. Amplify yellow x% will be the most powerful, since Dodge and Crit will be the two stat curves most effected by raising the Level cap to 40, for opposing players and monsters, without introducing new weapons, helm, chest armor and leg armor. If x% increase is too low, the amplify abilities will become another Inner Focus/ Weapon Focus at high might ratings.

Could use x% for Amplify Red, y% for Amplify Blue and z% for Amplify Yellow to allow a balanced approach without making Amplify Blue the least popular choice. Could use increase stat percentage by x%/ y%/ z% (enchants) instead of increase stat rating (weapon focus) to make it more attractive at high might ratings.

Tier 19 weapons will have a huge advantage against level 40 opponents (players and monsters) compared to tier 18 weapons.

Do Prestige Abilities have ranks like normal abilities?

Would be cool if prestige abilities came in ranks, but you could only spend 3 ability points, so you could have three prestige abilities at rank 1 or one at rank 3. This would also allow the devs to use the reverse of normal ability tiers. Instead of rank 2 being a moderate increase over rank 1 and rank 3 being a small increase over rank 2 (realistic abilities), you could have rank 2 double rank 1 and rank 3 double rank 2 (wizard abilities). After spending some time at TV Tropes Skills, this would be fun for the players but not so much fun for the devs. Sticking with prestige abilities only having rank 1 would make putting 1 point in a prestige ability useful (looking at you Ignite rank 1) without wasting points on rank 3 (looking at you Snap Cast rank 3).
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog