New Classes

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Which new class are you most interested in playing?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:13 pm

Frost Knight
21%
Flame Warden
58%
Inquisitor
21%

Total votes : 33

Re: New Classes

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu May 19, 2016 6:25 am

Bbbb wrote:Reading the forum on that other game is more fun than the game now. There is a petition with over 200 signatures, over 1000 posts filled with hate, people are successfully getting refunds from Apple/Google because the premium currency was devalued (they tried to sneak that in by changing a mechanism not pricing), and the app has dropped from 4.5 stars to 1.5 stars on iTunes. Almost no one is defending the company's actions. And absolutely no response from the company. They are reading stuff because they are replying about minor issues.

Makes me realize how good things are over here. Especially that the value of GS has been stable for 4+ years.

I think Venan do a lot of things well. Others, not so well. Their update rate is very poor compared to most (actually, all) extant mobile games I've ever played. But their mechanisms for getting currency if you don't want to drop cash are great (I mean drops, not necessarily free offers - though they do often work for me).

On that other game (I think I know the one, played it myself for a while) their update rate seemed great. But their customer service sucks. I'd say Venan's is at least better, but can be laboured. They can also be a sensitive bunch when people don't like a feature.
Illy_the_Red

Postby CheMClarc » Thu May 19, 2016 11:06 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:
Their update rate is very poor compared to most (actually, all) extant mobile games I've ever played.

Take a minute to look at the credits of said games please. Not to justify all of our hard work we put into everything BUT we are a very small team that puts out content for two large games compared to these other companies who have more marketing team members than we have in our entire studio. We will keep trucking along putting out updates so play them if you enjoy what we are doing.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Wølfÿ_Thè_Lïttlè_Føx » Thu May 19, 2016 12:46 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:
Their update rate is very poor compared to most (actually, all) extant mobile games I've ever played.

Take a minute to look at the credits of said games please. Not to justify all of our hard work we put into everything BUT we are a very small team that puts out content for two large games compared to these other companies who have more marketing team members than we have in our entire studio. We will keep trucking along putting out updates so play them if you enjoy what we are doing.

You have to give them credit, A big update for other companies can be a year for a small team. All we need is patience. They already added stuff with the valentines event, They have a great customer support compared to other games, They actually help you if they can. So gime them some credit.
BoH is a home for all
Can't we keep the peace? We don't need another war.
Let's be peaceful Maybe then we can be a family.
Wølfÿ_Thè_Lïttlè_Føx

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu May 19, 2016 5:36 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:

I understand that completely; I am a team of one issuing labelling and diagnostic information for a multi-million pound business so I know how limited resource can be. I think you do a lot of things better and comparatively fewer things bring you down compared to games with much bigger teams/budgets (I imagine - I don't know your details ofc). Those things however are often very critical, even if they are very hard to change (such as update frequency). There have also been features that have been very much in the 'not-broken-but-fixed-it-anyway' category (like guild loyalty) too that have cost you massively in goodwill and active players.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Saraa » Wed May 25, 2016 5:26 am

CheMClarc wrote:Thank you everyone for commenting about the new classes. We came to some of the same conclusions between the classes during our testing which is why you haven't seen the final numbers yet. Don't leave out your "OG" classes though, they will be able to hold their own with the new classes but you will have to adapt to their play styles.

A thought on how to possibly increase attack damage for the inquisitor class as sword/board is generally underwhelmingly powerless. Is it possible to allow the Inquisitor to equip either a heavy shield(same as is currently available) or an "attack" type shield(same stats as a light shield but adds say 60% of what an offhand weapon adds for a SW or the frost knight). Just a thought I had as I attempt to stay awake, 12 hours into a 16hr shift.
Saraa

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Wed May 25, 2016 7:58 am

Yeah, add shields with spikes do that they do damage with a successful block. Also, shield bash would do more damage.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Fri May 27, 2016 1:03 pm

Callista has a staff and a dagger equiped, implying a 2h staff and an offhand weapon. Why can't player characters also use that setup?
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Rose_Petal » Fri May 27, 2016 7:54 pm

Derpy_as_I_wanna_be wrote:Callista has a staff and a dagger equiped, implying a 2h staff and an offhand weapon. Why can't player characters also use that setup?

That would make the player to OP
Rose_Petal

Postby Rose_Petal » Fri May 27, 2016 7:54 pm

When will we hear about the last details about the update?
Rose_Petal

Postby Sir_Thy » Sun May 29, 2016 12:10 pm

Rose_Petal wrote:When will we hear about the last details about the update?

When can we expect the update?
Do Venan start the speed event next weekend or let us feel the new classes instead, and all other parts of the update?
Sir_Thy

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog