New Classes

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Which new class are you most interested in playing?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:13 pm

Frost Knight
7
21%
Flame Warden
19
58%
Inquisitor
7
21%
 
Total votes : 33

Re: New Classes

Postby Sir_Thy » Mon May 16, 2016 8:00 am

CheMClarc wrote:Before we announce the rest of the features coming in the next update, I wanted to have a thread going that compared the new classes. What does everyone think of them? Who's OP? Which class is going to excel where? Who everyone can't wait to play? Etc.

Feel free to comment, just please keep it civil on your comparisons with each other. :geek:


Do you still continue with the majority features you've listed, esp. lvlup 40?
Existing classes can quest at the same time as new classes, but for the lvlup a few more questlines might have to be created. Either smaller ones, or eg new vile gate dungeons.
Sir_Thy
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:00 am

Re: New Classes

Postby CheMClarc » Mon May 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Sir_Thy_GM_of_H2V wrote:
CheMClarc wrote:Before we announce the rest of the features coming in the next update, I wanted to have a thread going that compared the new classes. What does everyone think of them? Who's OP? Which class is going to excel where? Who everyone can't wait to play? Etc.

Feel free to comment, just please keep it civil on your comparisons with each other. :geek:


Do you still continue with the majority features you've listed, esp. lvlup 40?
Existing classes can quest at the same time as new classes, but for the lvlup a few more questlines might have to be created. Either smaller ones, or eg new vile gate dungeons.


Mid week, I'll list what we have in already and I will continue to add to the list as we add more little things for the update.

As of right now, players will be able to level their characters to 40 and will gain 3 new ability points in the new 5 levels. There will be 10 new prestige abilities that can be used on any of the classes that become available with 35 ability points spent so your level 36 ability point will be able to access them. 5 of them are passives in the form of boosts and a chance to heal while the other 5 are actives that can possibly game changers for hard fights or PvP battles.

The thing with adding new classes, new abilities and raising the level cap is all the testing that needs to happen to make sure things are decently balanced when launched and flat out not broken. There's a ton of back end work that goes along with updating level caps.

Once we get this patch out, there will be a bug fixing / balance tweaking patch and then we are probably looking at Holiday events and beyond. Let's get these new classes out and then we will see what the road ahead leads us. :geek:
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Image
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
User avatar
CheMClarc
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: New Classes

Postby CheMClarc » Mon May 16, 2016 12:07 pm

Thank you everyone for commenting about the new classes. We came to some of the same conclusions between the classes during our testing which is why you haven't seen the final numbers yet. Don't leave out your "OG" classes though, they will be able to hold their own with the new classes but you will have to adapt to their play styles.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Image
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
User avatar
CheMClarc
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: New Classes

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon May 16, 2016 12:15 pm

CheMClarc wrote:Thank you everyone for commenting about the new classes. We came to some of the same conclusions between the classes during our testing which is why you haven't seen the final numbers yet. Don't leave out your "OG" classes though, they will be able to hold their own with the new classes but you will have to adapt to their play styles.


If there are five new levels that add only 3 ability points, why are there 10 new abilities? From what you said above, they only unlock at 35 points spent, giving you 3 points to spend on 30 points' worth of abilities. Is the intention to only have us use one of these (at 3) or at most three (at 1)? Why put so many new abilities in if we aren't even getting one point per level?
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: New Classes

Postby CheMClarc » Mon May 16, 2016 1:20 pm

Everyone can use these abilities so we wanted players to have some good options to diverse themselves from others. I will explain everything in the next post. Please be patient.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Image
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
User avatar
CheMClarc
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: New Classes

Postby Kira_fr » Mon May 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Thanks Chem :)
Kira_fr
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Re: New Classes

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon May 16, 2016 5:03 pm

CheMClarc wrote:Everyone can use these abilities so we wanted players to have some good options to diverse themselves from others. I will explain everything in the next post. Please be patient.


That's supremely ironic considering the patience levels of some BoH players while awaiting updates ;-)
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: New Classes

Postby JasmynthTheEldest » Mon May 16, 2016 5:35 pm

I've been reading these notes avidly; and like the rest of the BoH player base, eagerly (and mostly patiently) awaiting the update. However, I cannot be patient when I see a mistake in progress. Four fifths of the fun of leveling up a character is getting a new ability point to tinker with your character's skill set (getting the ding-grats of your Guildmates is cool, too, and the e-fill is always welcome). The grind from level 30 to 35 takes awhile -- I can only imagine that the climb to 40 will take even longer. We work (well, play) hard and put in serious time to grow our characters, but if we aren't getting the payout of BETTER characters when we do level them up, where is the reward for the effort, time, and possibly GS spent in doing so? No. One level = one ability point is the ONLY way to go. This is true even if the new "prestige" abilities are binary ones that are either "on" or "off" rather than having 3 levels to them. Recognize the effort in the leveling -- make advancing a level MEAN something, please.
JasmynthTheEldest
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 2:39 am

Re: New Classes

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Mon May 16, 2016 7:06 pm

I think the point of prestige is that it's granted or kinda backdated.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: New Classes

Postby Bbbb » Mon May 16, 2016 8:37 pm

JasmynthTheEldest wrote:The grind from level 30 to 35 takes awhile


It does? I did it in like 2-3 days tops. Meanwhile, the other game I have been playing the past few months it is taking me 2 weeks per level right now.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest