New Classes

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Which new class are you most interested in playing?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:13 pm

Frost Knight
21%
Flame Warden
58%
Inquisitor
21%

Total votes : 33

Re: New Classes

Postby Bbbb » Fri May 13, 2016 9:46 pm

Dirge wrote:
Sim0n wrote:I read somewhere that we'll have 5 new levels and a new tier of ability to existing classes. I think it's a little too soon to complain about useless toons, what if those ability were addressing some concerns raised here?

That was hard to read...what do you mean?

He means that there was a post somewhere vaguely mentioning the level cap increasing from 35 to 40 and additional abilities to existing classes.
Bbbb

Postby _Astral » Sat May 14, 2016 3:05 am

I personally feel flame warden is more like a super powered up Sw. Powering them up with fire spells rather than poison. And a new way to address Sw that wanted to use 2hd weapon.

Frost knight and inquirator vs flame warden on paper, warden totally overpowered them.
_Astral

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat May 14, 2016 4:00 am

Frost Knight:
Will have the same damage issues as SWs, as offhand does not add significant enough damage. May have issues in OS if the ice abilities don't do as much damage as Nature. Physical attacks will be useless in current top level raids.

Inquistor:
The main problem is that 1H builds are not generally effective. The class looks very tanky which isn't really a good strategy in this game. It really depends whether the passives and DoTs do anough damage (based on 1H weapons, they likely won't).

Flame Warden:
This one looks really good. The kicker is the 2H weapon and a combination of some really nice abilities. The damage output will be higher than SW and the flame abilities will probably offset the problems Venan have created for physical builds.

Overall Flame Warden looks like the best on paper but will have its own issues with physical attacks once we want to start using them in higher raids. Hybrid characters need both sets of attacks to be effective or at least a way of getting round the issues with physical builds without making them rebuild. Most players focus on one or the other with the existing SW/Justicar - don't forget being a true hybrid in early game isn't particularly effective as you tend to spread the gems/HT thin if you do that.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Sat May 14, 2016 6:57 am

I had thought that having a free form class where the toon can have *any* of the abilities would be interesting. The player would choose the ability trees he wanted, such as fire mastery, then he builds from there. But there are obvious limits on combinations.

One could go all fire or poison and get the best attacks in them but if someone chose every mastery, he could only get certain basic abilities in each before running out of points.

So watch out for my Bleeding Iceflame Venom Spirit Warrior! The possibilities are endless.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby SKULDUGGERY » Sat May 14, 2016 9:56 am

I'm luving the frost knight(seems more PvP)because I like justies n ice mages,also has bonus of a sw,inquisitors....not keen on,to defensive n no big damage as one h weap(agree with most,seems more button bashing than sw),n the warden,a mix of all 3 original class,cnt wait to play,seems more pve but for PvP uv got the haste ability n smoke bomb...lol...that's going to ruin many players...please dnt change.but this is first read through,need to play them n see wat they can do....but inquisitor needs bigger hitting....now hurry up n let me get my hands on :P
SKULDUGGERY

Postby Grunge » Sat May 14, 2016 7:55 pm

I'm looking forward to playing each of the new classes and figuring out for myself whether I like playing them or not. Of course I just play the game for the fun of it,,,
Grunge

Postby Rose_Petal » Sun May 15, 2016 7:55 pm

When will you announce the rest of the features?
Rose_Petal

Postby Sir_Thy » Mon May 16, 2016 3:55 am

I'm looking foreward to try all new classes and have fun with them. Try them, develop them and compare at a certain level. We all should enjoy playing and growing them without any pressure.
The new classes give us a chance of exploring BoH as newbies with some existing experiences.
But please discuss the posibility of increasing the max. number of members at each guild again.
Sir_Thy

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon May 16, 2016 5:04 am

Sir_Thy_GM_of_H2V wrote:I'm looking foreward to try all new classes and have fun with them. Try them, develop them and compare at a certain level. We all should enjoy playing and growing them without any pressure.
The new classes give us a chance of exploring BoH as newbies with some existing experiences.
But please discuss the posibility of increasing the max. number of members at each guild again.

Don't know how easy it would be, but I've always thought a clean way to increase guild members would be to switch from 1 toon = 1 member to 1 account = 1 member. That way everyone could build toons without really worrying about guild space once they grow, because each guild could in theory support hundreds of individual toons.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Sir_Thy » Mon May 16, 2016 6:30 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:
Don't know how easy it would be, but I've always thought a clean way to increase guild members would be to switch from 1 toon = 1 member to 1 account = 1 member. That way everyone could build toons without really worrying about guild space once they grow, because each guild could in theory support hundreds of individual toons.

Most of our members already have 5 toons of one account or maybe a few of a second account in guild. Rotation might be the only possibility to let them all join the guild as a member. Once the new classes start their quests and small raids, existing toons might be removed and returned for raids and their own quests again. Raid schedules for little and huge ones needs lots of coordination :)
But...as I said before:
playing with fun and without pressure, enjoy the new classes and get familiar with them.
Sir_Thy

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog