August 19th, 2013 - Once more unto the breach...

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: August 19th, 2013 - Once more unto the breach...

Postby Win_or_Lose » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:30 am

Really excited about V2 :-) This has gone quiet so I thought I would post some questions - any answers would be really interesting...

1) Any update on likely date?
2) Will there be T6 gems as well as T16 gear, or will T5 remain top gems for now?
3) On collections (really nice idea) any update on whether BoH will remember previously owned items? Doesn't matter so much for most of them but when they cost GS or came from events its more important. I liked the blue T11 gear I bought with GS, would be great to wear that again.
4) Is the way Health works likely to change? The reason I ask is that PvP is great but since no diminishing returns on health the winner is often the person with most health. This means fights are getting longer and longer as people sacrifice more offence for health - top pvp players all seem to have 15-20 health gems.

Thanks in advance for any answers!
Win_or_Lose

Postby Darkhorse » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Phlip wrote:Really excited about V2 :-) This has gone quiet so I thought I would post some questions - any answers would be really interesting...

1) Any update on likely date?
2) Will there be T6 gems as well as T16 gear, or will T5 remain top gems for now?
3) On collections (really nice idea) any update on whether BoH will remember previously owned items? Doesn't matter so much for most of them but when they cost GS or came from events its more important. I liked the blue T11 gear I bought with GS, would be great to wear that again.
4) Is the way Health works likely to change? The reason I ask is that PvP is great but since no diminishing returns on health the winner is often the person with most health. This means fights are getting longer and longer as people sacrifice more offence for health - top pvp players all seem to have 15-20 health gems.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

1) Not yet.
2) Has not been finalized yet.
3) The scope of this has changed somewhat. Personally I would like for the game to know what items I've previously owned and that's something we want to do but this feature is in a state of flux so I don't have anything concrete to report.
4) Yes. We'll be posting something on this soon.

These were pretty wimpy answers but unfortunately I just don't have a lot I can report on yet. Sorry about that!
Darkhorse

Postby Shekka » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Darkhorse wrote:These were pretty wimpy answers but unfortunately I just don't have a lot I can report on yet. Sorry about that!

Well then, I guess that means you need to get us some real answers very spoon!!! We are all somewhat patiently waiting!! ;)
Shekka

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 am

The scope of this has changed somewhat. Personally I would like for the game to know what items I've previously owned and that's something we want to do but this feature is in a state of flux so I don't have anything concrete to report.

I think this is extremely important. For a long time we had a smaller inventory, and until this feature was mentioned we had no reason to keep items of a lower tier. Like Phlip said, some items were acquired through spending real money or were earned via events. It's not much to expect to be able to get them back. Even valour-bought items were earned through a lot of raiding, in some cases also helped by real money. In particular I think the best looking armour set for SWs in the game is the Soulstrike set, but that is quickly replaced by KV items.

Also agree about health in PvP - winners shouldn't be those that have most health gems.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Win_or_Lose » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:18 am

Hi Darkhorse
Thanks very much for the reply, great to hear from you and I appreciate its all work in progress so there is only so much you can say.
Hope the V2 work goes well and can't wait for more updates when you can give them :-)
Phlip
Win_or_Lose

Postby SangFroid » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Version 2.0 ..... BoH's 2 year release anniversary coming up Nov 30....I wonder if there is any connection
SangFroid

Postby Rurik_die_Krampus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:50 pm

BaneFirerises wrote:
japster wrote:I don't want to be a wet blanket on the enchant transfer, and I myself have grinded my way to loads of level 5 and 6 enchants. But the truth is that an MMO is a grind system. Everyone already knew from day 1 that eventually we'll have to transfer our enchants once new higher tier gear becomes available. Thus why the common advice was that enchanting wasn't a good decision (except maybe a level 1 or 2 enchant for a small might boost) when you haven't obtained tier 14 gear.

The transfer option exists, and it does save us the effort of re-enchanting our gear. We just need to grind mats for that equivalent level of enchant to move it, and need not worry about mats from the other lower levels. I think that's fair enough.

I'm not saying that the transfer should be free or anything like that and of course I expect that I will have to grind but having gone through the process of grinding for near all level six enchantments I don't want to have to go over that again just for the same level. I don't mind grinding if it was for a higher level but just to put a level I already have onto another gear is really putting me off.

4250 refine essence and 425 flux is what I need to transfer all my enchantments onto new gear. That for me is work not fun.

You get to enjoy your Rank 6 enchants on your T14 gear while you are collecting the materials for the transfer. If as Japster says, the new raids drop enchant materials as well as the new valor, it shouldn't be an onerous transition. Have a little faith that these guys are thinking this stuff through fairly well.

Looking forward to the update Venan!

-R
Rurik_die_Krampus

Postby Mershie_ » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:54 am

I think it's time to address price points and value with the update....$50 should buy at least 2 months gaming, not a week of burning. Also, if I pay 3k CV for a gem, I should be able to sell for at least half it's value...not 14k silver! Fix this unfair cost and value system...the long run will entice more players....
Mershie_

Postby Peep » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:35 pm

It's been nearly 2 months since this announcement. I don't think an update is too much to ask for :(
Peep

Postby Rhimmy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Really love this game and even more many of the people playing it.
That's why i ask all the time about news on 2.0

*omg i cant believe i'm saying this*

Spoondude is correct

We have been waiting..
And we would like some news. Any news..

I'd rather hear that release is 6 months from now instead of dead silence.

Regards
Rhimfir
Rhimmy

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog